Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Most recently Cocoon and Dave the Diver

Cocoon was a pretty pristine experience, loved everything about it with the small caveat that some stuff for the platinum is somewhat easily missable and not so easily to figure out how to backtrack for. But totally worth the time. Great visual style and great puzzle mechanics

Dave the Diver I think was more uneven for me than a lot of people, as I didn't always love the undersea combat, but everything else was really solid and I got hooked into the gameplay loop despite the combat annoying me. It was fun to play this and then start watching Planet Earth 3 and see some of the same cool critters in the ocean episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
just beat Blasphemous. for some reason I had avoided it until now. I guess I thought the initial reviews were not so good and also I thought it was more soulslike than metroidvania (it's way more metroidvania). Anyway, that game rules. Didn't know it had the DS-style missable quests so I missed a lot and won't be playing it again to fix that, but will be playing Blasphemous 2 with a guide

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
got the first ending in Armored Core 6 after a long break to focus on other games. There are few (maybe zero) combat systems that make you feel like more of a badass. Also a top 5 soundtrack for me. And I love that it throws you into NG+ immediately with no prompting. Might just try to 100% this game

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Picayune Dreams ruled. I guess it’s mega short if you’re very good at that type of game, but I am not so I got a fair bit of time out of it. Amazing UI aesthetic, cool soundtrack and sound design, wild enemy visual designs

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Congrats on this one, that is incredibly difficult

I just beat Signalis, had a great time, loved the atmosphere and the artsiness of it. Reflexively started a new game and it immediately got even cooler. Strongly recommend the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Beat Talos Principle, pretty cool and mostly very fun game with the inevitable puzzle-game issue of if you can’t figure something out, it’s very tedious. The help system being so limited made me not want to use it at all, which is probably a me problem. Didn’t particularly care for the philosophical trappings but liked the way the outline of what actually happened was revealed. Definitely going to play the second game

emdash fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 20, 2024