Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

Lisztless posted:

I just beat Alan Wake 2. It has shockingly good visual and sound design, which is no surprise coming from Remedy. But it’s a bad video game. Nearly all of the moment to moment gameplay is deeply unfun, full of baffling game design choices that feel pulled from another era, and the self-indulgent plot is as deep as a puddle. The game about writing is in dire need of an editor.

Play Control instead, or if you’re looking for spooky northwest vibes, play Deadly Premonition. You’ll have a better time with either.

I loved Alan Wake, is the gameplay the same or did they make it worse for no reason? I love most of Remedy's stuff (couldn't get into MP3) and the plot from what I've seen and the style and the music looks like AW2 is going to be great. Am I going to hate it if I loved the first, even 100% the manuscript? Cos if they made the gameplay worse (less interactive) it's going to be the gaming disappointment of several years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

Shinji2015 posted:

Just got the third (of three) endings for The Talos Principle, so I think I can safely say that I've completed the game. I enjoyed the puzzle solving a lot and didn't find it particularly challenging, but by the time I started working on getting the stars in each level I was ready to move on to another game, so I cheated and used a walkthrough to find them. Not particularly interested in hunting down the easter eggs or the remaining trophies, so I think I can call it a wrap.

...three endings?

I didn't ascend, then I did - is the third ending for collecting all the stars? Now I come to think of it, I do remember sealing myself in a stone coffin for one ending, is that the third?

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
Going to playthrough it again for the third ending, refresh my memory while waiting to upgrade my rig to be able to run the sequel. Cheers!

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004

This link takes me to a EHCP (whoever they are) site asking admins to login?

I found a NOLF with Widescreen Patch from 2018 searching around, if it's abandonware I can upload it for archival and preservation reasons.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
NOLF Widescreen version:

https://mega.nz/file/8SdCUS7T#H2dHXuOahJ0vDT6Erc9o7L8f9qi7Iazge3IoEaQjnz4