Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got around to finishing the fan-translated PSP Disaster Report 3 on my Steam Deck. With this, I've beaten all of them, with my personal order going 2-1-3-4.
Three was an interesting game to be sure, though I couldn't help but notice how many mechanics went practically unused throughout the game. There's a crafting mechanic you will use all of twice, a button devoted to calling out to people you will use twice, health and stamina systems that basically don't matter (most deaths in the game are instant and when you do get into a situation that will drain them, there's always a park bench in the next scene that refills them), and an option to give items that you will use once. This might be why Disaster Report 4 has practically no mechanics whatsoever.
In the end, I still had a great time and it scratched that DR itch in a way 4 kinda didn't. That being said, I liked 4, but it felt like they were trying to make a modern DR game on a PS2 DR budget, so there's not much going on. At least this felt like how a DR game on a PSP would feel. Raw Danger is still the GOAT and one of my favorite games of all time, sometimes in spite of itself.

Edit: DR3 has got some jank for sure, but they all do (except for DR4, but when nothing is really happening, there's not much to mess up), but nothing game breaking and I still had a good time. Took about 5 hrs to beat.

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU