Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Discendo Vox posted:

This issue would make a great thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

credburn posted:

13 Sentinels is the one that has those "kids gotta be naked to use the machines, no other way to do it" situations, right?

Just like my posts

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I just beat Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown and had a great time the entire time. I played on normal difficulty, which was just fine for me, a Bad Dad Gamer. 27 hours, 74%. Been playing it for an hour or two most nights for a few weeks.

I highly recommend it! I had a nice little eShop coupon so I didn't mind getting it at full price, but I can really see a lot of folks enjoying it at 20-30 bucks.

It ran great on the Switch, with a few little hiccups here and there and some annoying bugs. I once activated a power right as a boss died and it somehow made the whole game run at like 15fps until I saved and quit. There was another annoying bug where, because of the pants I was wearing, the game hard locked me out of a boss fight. Changing my pants back to default fixed it? But that was stupid.

The platforming and puzzles are super super fun. Combat is great. Your special attacks are all ridiculous limit breaks. Soundtrack is not at all like the trailer branding with rap and stuff and is actually super Persian inspired, albeit not memorable at all.

Not sure what to play next. I never finished Metroid Dread, and I feel like I need to now. But I've also got Divinity: Original Sin and Baldurs Gate 3 just sitting there.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

The platonic ideal of Halo is playing it on a couch with your best friend over a Christmas break. It's like a 100x multiplier to its mid-ness.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Party Boat posted:

I just beat Rayman Legends! Not for the first time, but I installed it on my Steam Deck recently and I guess it didn't have cloud saves so I had to start from scratch, which was actually a load of fun.

This game is a delight and the Steam Deck runs it beautifully, even in 4k. The platforming is tight and the art is a riot of colour and exaggerated animations. It's a bit too challenging for my five year old but he absolutely loves watching me play, especially the chase levels and the music stages, which are a victory lap after each boss where you run, jump and smash through a level in time to a song like Black Betty or Eye of the Tiger.

I first started playing games in the 16 bit era so 2D platformers are synonymous with gaming for me, and Legends is one of my absolute favourites. It's a huge shame that Rayman got sidelined in favour of the Rabbids, but I could honestly pick this game up and play it fresh every few years and it'd still make me smile.

I put this on my wishlist after loving Prince of Persia, same team right?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Party Boat posted:

Now that I look it up: yes, which means I've also wishlisted Prince of Persia!

Er, or I will once it actually comes to steam...

Yeah... I played it on the Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Dragon's Dogma 2 Finished the main storyline, but obviously still have dozens of hours left of side content. Jesus gently caress, this is my favorite open world RPG ever. I don't know how i'm gonna go back to other RPGs like this. The world feels real, and dynamic. No world map with collectibles, no climbing towers to unlock more collectibles, the quests are all their own self contained stories that are thoughtful and make a difference in the gameworld. The NPCs have their own actual lives. The world just feels full of life and lived in. So much detail has gone into every single aspect of making this feel like a real breathing world that you live in, instead of play in, and that is why I love it so much.

The pawn system is great and one of my favorite features of DD2. It's such an unique approach; you have your own personal pawn, and then you recruit two that are created by other players. The combat is designed around a four group dynamic. I love all of the little details in how all of this works. The pawns will talk to you and each other, show you quest locations if their master (another player) did that quest already. You can do goofy poo poo like jump off cliffs and roofs and a pawn in your group down below will catch you.

Other than performance issues across all platforms, DD2 is perfect in every other way. This is a new standard in open world RPGs that addresses every complaint people have about games from the likes of UBISoft and EA Games. It asks, what if we did what gamers actually wanted (micro-transactions not with standing)? and took the risk and did it. When you take risks as a game developer, and try not to make a game made by committee and group focus testing, DD2 is the end result, and SURPRISE, it actually works out extremely well.

10/10 and one of my new favorite RPGs ever.

It's legit insane that you finished this, what the gently caress lol