Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is probably one of the best shows on tv today. Seasons 1 and 3 are right there for probably the greatest seasons of tv ever made.

just started season 5, this season seems to be the closest to touching the original fargo with nods to the main characters husband being a used car salesman, the home invasion scene, the rich parents, i cant wait to see what they do with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

finally convinced my wife to watch the series

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my dude. have you gone 20 years without seeing that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

genuinely a little shook right now lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Season one is an absolute 10 out of 10

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

season 2 is a solid 9/10 too. fuckin stoked to get to 3

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
3's fully sick. my fave now even though i love our plump boy plemmons

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

just started season 5, this season seems to be the closest to touching the original fargo with nods to the main characters husband being a used car salesman, the home invasion scene, the rich parents, i cant wait to see what they do with it

i havent seen the new episodes yet but just from the trailer that stuff got me interested, this show has played a lot with references and echoes of coen movies but just the peek through the glass door felt jarring (on purpose) in how obvious it was

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

my dude. have you gone 20 years without seeing that

no it just cracks me up everytime.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

lol ok

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

elf help book posted:

Season one is an absolute 10 out of 10
i swear to god billy bob thornton is the devil

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Ahhh yeah the new episodes are very good, we're back baby. I wanna see all these people gently caress each other up

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
3,1,2,4 no debate

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

They're all good

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

You're laughing? Keikaku means plan and you're laughing?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

That Little Demon posted:

3,1,2,4 no debate

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

and even with 4 being the weakest season it's p drat good

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
Fargo Tier List

God Tier
Season 1 - nuff said. lester and malvo ftw. unbeatable

Great Tier
Movie - the classic that inspired everything else :worship:

Season 4 - underrated imo. gang war and evil nurse are cool. supernatural poo poo got too gay

Good Tier
Season 3 - vargas is epic and carries the season all by himself. not that memorable otherwise tbh. supernatural poo poo got too gay. wrench poo poo was gay. cartoon episode was cool. good ending

Alright Tier
Season 2 - was well on track to being god tier but those last few episodes are so loving bad they drag the whole thing down lmao. this is where the supernatural poo poo is at its gayest. the writer cant find the right balance anymore like he did in season 1

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
as for the new season, first two eps were really good but the third one is starting to get :razz:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tornados are real and are really like that in the midwest US, Fucker

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fucker posted:

as for the new season, first two eps were really good but the third one is starting to get :razz:

I haven't seen any of the new episodes but I remember reading the showrunner saying that the new season was going to be 'the funniest one yet' which means that this is likely where it's gonna fall off.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

3,1,2,4 no debate

Haven't watched 4 but agreed. I still think Malvo is the best villain compared to Varga though.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Still wanna watch this but my wife wants me to wait for her and keeps not being up for it when I say "Hey lets watch Fargo"

startin a "Spouse is keeping me from watching this" megathread

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

whoops

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

can't decide if I like this season or not. jon hamm's nipples are funny though so there's that

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I've seen the film and series 1, 2, and 3 op and I'd rank em in that order. Varga was way too hammy, and the supernatural stuff was just badly aping the Coen bros. (as opposed to imitating them well with the plagues in season 1)

waiting till s5 is done before I start it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

5 is just kind of meandering all over not sure where i stand with it versus the first couple episodes.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lester posted:

I've seen the film and series 1, 2, and 3 op and I'd rank em in that order. Varga was way too hammy, and the supernatural stuff was just badly aping the Coen bros. (as opposed to imitating them well with the plagues in season 1)

waiting till s5 is done before I start it

gently caress off

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

5 is just kind of meandering all over not sure where i stand with it versus the first couple episodes.

im really digging it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

elf help book posted:

im really digging it

im sure its gonna bring it all together as we get closer to the end

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

I'm still enjoying it but the last couple episodes are all kinda just table setting and wheel spinning

just have a shorter series

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

I'm still enjoying it but the last couple episodes are all kinda just table setting and wheel spinning

just have a shorter series

i have faith in them

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i have faith in them

performance wise I'd watch em read the dictionary for 40 minutes so yeah

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

missed the last few episodes of the current season, going to watch those now i think.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I like this season, but the only standouts (in a negative way) are the FBI agents. I can't tell if it's the writing or the actors but something about them is not hitting for me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like this season, but the only standouts (in a negative way) are the FBI agents. I can't tell if it's the writing or the actors but something about them is not hitting for me

i think they're gonna die in a completely pointless way.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bump. finished season 2 rewatch, ive never seen 3 so after th post season cooldown we're in new poo poo. 2 is so sick, but man th ufo thing sticks out in a way coens addin something vaguely supernatural to a story doesnt. weakest part of the story and its a big one. jesse plemons and kiersten dunst ftw though, and ted dansen too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Fungah! posted:

bump. finished season 2 rewatch, ive never seen 3 so after th post season cooldown we're in new poo poo. 2 is so sick, but man th ufo thing sticks out in a way coens addin something vaguely supernatural to a story doesnt. weakest part of the story and its a big one. jesse plemons and kiersten dunst ftw though, and ted dansen too

last 2 eps of that season sucked rear end quite frankly
was epic until then