Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

bossy lady posted:

A doordash order from mcdonalds for just yourself that's large enough that they included condiments and napkins for 2+ people.

When you answer the door to get it you shout "food's here" behind you to no one in particular to make the delivery person believe you aren't a lonely rear end in a top hat.

I'm tempted to do this because the nearest McDonalds is right around the corner so getting it delivered just makes it so much sadder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

bossy lady posted:

A doordash order from mcdonalds for just yourself that's large enough that they included condiments and napkins for 2+ people.

When you answer the door to get it you shout "food's here" behind you to no one in particular to make the delivery person believe you aren't a lonely rear end in a top hat.
the sadder option would be trying to make small talk with the delivery person and strongly hint that they are welcome to sit down and have dinner with you

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Miracle Whip sandwiches and White Claws

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you accidentally hit a turkey with your car and try to eat it raw squatting by the side of the road

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

A regular dinner but you start a political fight with yourself halfway through dinner. You decide to go no contact with yourself because god dammit, you do the same poo poo every year and everyone is sick of it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

redshirt posted:

Miracle Whip sandwiches and White Claws

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
sandwich from a gas station

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
A Hot and Ready from Little Caesar's the night before, put it in the fridge, and wait until about noon to warm it up and eat a few of slices.

Feel pretty good about for a few minutes being such a loner individualist over choosing this way to celebrate the holiday.

Then try to watch SVU episodes on antenna for about 30 minutes before getting in the car and driving about 30-40 miles with no direction in mind, eagerly stopping at ANY open business that you can go into and grab some snacks. Eventually, you grab a gas station hot dog, telling yourself that 'there's probably turkey in this' and 'pizza isn't a REAL holiday meal, it was just lunch.'

Then you get home and end up fixing a box of instant mashed potatoes and find a jar of chicken gravy. Chicken's close enough to turkey, what the hell. Throw it on a couple of slices of bread with some spices on it and you can pretend it's stuffing.

You look at the clock. Christ, it is only 4PM? Why is it so dark out, already?

Maybe this isn't your meal, after all? Movie theaters sell food. Maybe you'll mosey on to the next town and see what's playing so you can have a 'meal' surrounded by other people. You go in, buy some nachos, another hot dog, gotta get a popcorn and a drink and sit down for a screening of Wish.

Then you find yourself still completely alone except for the ushers who are laughing at the grown man watching a children's cartoon by himself in an empty theater. The movie hasn't started yet and they tell you they'll give you a refund for everything to go home now so they don't have to show the movie so they can go home early because they all have family in from out of town and want to hang out with them some more.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
hit the soup kitchen even though you're not homeless or food insecure

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

And it's one of those ones where there's a tiny bit of filling and it's all pushed to the front side. You crack open the plastic on your sadness meal, take a bite, then slowly peel the two pieces of bread apart to reveal the emptiness. You think for a while about the type of mind that could create this product.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

A big buford combo from rally's but they hosed up the order and gave you a fish sandwich instead and forgot the fries. You won't go back to get your correct order because you are afraid of social interaction. You eat your disappointing meal while you search for something on netflix to distract you from your loneliness.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Milo and POTUS posted:

A stouffers single serve lasgna

a stouffer's party size lasagna. and you finish the whole thing.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

thanksgiving “dinner” is at 1pm-ish tomorrow and let’s be real I’m trying to skate out of there ASAP, i might go to Waffle House for dinner at like 8 or 9 just to see what Waffle House on thanksgivjng is like

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chief McHeath posted:

thanksgiving “dinner” is at 1pm-ish tomorrow and let’s be real I’m trying to skate out of there ASAP, i might go to Waffle House for dinner at like 8 or 9 just to see what Waffle House on thanksgivjng is like

The same as it is every other day except some people would bring us a plate of thanksgiving leftovers, and that was cool

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Still eating alone after you decide at 8AM the day of to start texting and calling all the people you know and as them if they have plans and want to come over because you've got an entire On-Cor Salisbury Steak 6 pack that's going to go to waste because you're not going to eat it all by yourself.

(You eat it all by yourself, and you don't even like Salisbury Steak. You don't even know why you bought it.)

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I got myself a stuffed crust personal pizza from the Wal-mall!

I'm currently missing teeth, so I really don't want to go to any Thanksgiving celebrations anyway.

in case I need to defend looking like a loving hillbilly: I broke a front tooth on a frozen banana over a year ago, the dentist I went to stated that he couldn't recement the crown I already had on that tooth back on. Since he doesn't suggest unnecessary procedures, I decided to let him finish pulling it. But then he didn't give me any kind of denture so that I could NOT look like a loving hillbilly while job shopping, so I'm worried that's a sign that he is a bigger rear end in a top hat than I thought and the remaining tooth could have been cemented into the crown I still had for that tooth. He also refused to cement back on another crown that just fell off one day. It still fits fine, but the temp cement doesn't work on front facing teeth. Between the two issues, I have to find a new dentist but I'm broke anyway. Among other things the state might consider helping me with if I can get the paperwork together, I can hopefully get my teeth fixed. There are a couple of low-cost, non-scammy, dental offices in this town. USA!USA! (I hate this country more and more each day. Guess I'm not Thankful so a sad meal is appropriate.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

eating stuffing at the desk, monitor off so i don't feel alone

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

down1nit posted:

three olives

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

down1nit posted:

three olives

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Drive-thru jellied eels, outside the hospital in London where your child died the night before. Eels because you're an American in London and no one celebrates Thanksgiving, so you just sit there, crying in to your cold eels in a paper cup.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
Eating a value meal with one hand while typing in a whole defense about my current sad personal state of affairs on somethingawful.com knowing full well no one’s reading it

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
spoonfulls of dry instant stuffing mix, right ou tof the box. wash it down with a tall refreshing glass of tapwater. go to bed while it's still light out

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Underrated

I nominate freezer-burnt tamales with Velveeta, or at least that’s what you WERE eating before the urn holding your dog’s ashes was knocked off your mantle and spilled onto your plate by the cat you’re looking after for your coworker.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Green salad, no dressing.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

ded posted:

sushi from a gas station

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Mangosteen juice, meat from the meat shoes.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
He own cum

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Finn posted:

sushi from a gas station

Side of boner pills from the gas station to facilitate the

Das Boo posted:

He own cum

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

A big jug of pedialyte after you dehydrated yourself from your annual thanksgiving marathon gooning session

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Heaping plate of dog dicks

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

a glass of loneliness tears

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I found a bag of good weed on the ground filling up my wife’s car this morning at Speedway. No matter what I eat later, it is gonna be awesome. It could be keyboard goop for all I care. Also, I was wearing my new SA hoodie for the first time when it happened. I don’t think that was a coincidence.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

drunkb posted:

I found a bag of good weed on the ground filling up my wife’s car this morning at Speedway. No matter what I eat later, it is gonna be awesome. It could be keyboard goop for all I care. Also, I was wearing my new SA hoodie for the first time when it happened. I don’t think that was a coincidence.

How do you know it is good weed OP

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

EorayMel posted:

How do you know it is good weed OP

I said that I found it this morning.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Your favourite meal, prepared as best you can. But the flavours are wrong and the textures are off because you don't really know how they made it. You can force yourself to chew and swallow a few mouthfuls, but the memories of what that meal should be, what it used to be, turn it vile on your tongue.

You could have taken the time, the effort, to share in the love they were showing you through such a simple thing as food. But you never found a free moment, took that opportunity to involve yourself and learn about one of their passions, learn something real about them. And now - because of what you did, what you said, who you are - you never will.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

goatface posted:

Your favourite meal, prepared as best you can. But the flavours are wrong and the textures are off because you don't really know how they made it. You can force yourself to chew and swallow a few mouthfuls, but the memories of what that meal should be, what it used to be, turn it vile on your tongue.

You could have taken the time, the effort, to share in the love they were showing you through such a simple thing as food. But you never found a free moment, took that opportunity to involve yourself and learn about one of their passions, learn something real about them. And now - because of what you did, what you said, who you are - you never will.

I had some pretty major surgery a couple of months ago and the effects of the anesthetics they put me under with lingered for a few weeks and completely hosed with my taste buds.

It made me realize is that the concept of flavor is just a lie being generated by our brains and no matter what you eat it's just chunks of tasteless carbon being mushed around in our gaping maws, and the only way that humans will ever ensure our long term survival on this planet is by accepting that fact and resigning ourselves to just injecting grey, nutrient-rich protein paste directly into our stomachs and doing away with the wasteful practice of eating altogether.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Drive-thru jellied eels, outside the hospital in London where your child died the night before. Eels because you're an American in London and no one celebrates Thanksgiving, so you just sit there, crying in to your cold eels in a paper cup.

Hope this wasn't real. If so, very sad, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
anything that isn't rear end