Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleopolis posted:

I figured this will be it. I am more interested in who his goons are.

If you see one visibly sweating through their goon outfit and panting heavily like they're still not anywhere close to being in the shape they'd like, there's a good chance that one is me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
With the way Cole was talking, I really thought they were going to relinquish the tag titles for a second there, which would have made the whole dumb thing even dumber. With Cole talking MJF into honoring his word, I think it's a guarantee he helps MJF retain at Worlds End to tease the Devil poo poo out more, whether it's eventually him or some dumb swerve.

Oh, and the crowd also loved Rush. Hopefully this tournament helps him get a sustained push. Those two chopping the poo poo out of each other was cool. Gave me flashbacks to last year's beautiful Jericho/Suzuki chop-off.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Please stop pushing Skye Blue.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I would take Emi Sakura over Skye Blue

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It looks like Blue Side is where they're going to play around with more upsets than Gold Side with how predictable the wins were. Fun episode overall. I'm loving beat from making Thanksgiving dishes for tomorrow.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1727555512533668170

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah that was definitely jack perry’s voice modulated for the devil

What if the devil and his crew are britt, sammy guevara, jungle boy and darby and the everest climb is a work, brother

The real four pillars unite to beat mjf once and for all

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pretty decent episode, but the MJF stuff took me out for a bit. It just feels played out now and I was hoping we’d be closer to a devil reveal, but I doubt we get it before the PPV.

Jay/Rush was disappointing. I had such high hopes! I also really wanted Mark to beat Mox. I think it would’ve done good for Mark while also pissing Mox off so he goes nuts the rest of the tournament.

And Danhausen! I’m glad Tony paid his bail from selling those bootleg t-shirts. Still puzzled as to why they did a month of Halloween teases that led to nothing, but whatever.

The Ruby/Ang stuff is pretty cringey poo poo for me. If it were done with younger wrestlers maybe it’d be passable but these are grown rear end adults. Why are they acting like this? Why do they act like the only time they see each other is during a match or a promo? You probably stay in the same hotel every week. Just get it over with. Also, Ruby is not a very good actor so everything she does here seems forced while Ang is at least charismatic enough to make his end work even if the whole thing stinks overall.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

put this on tv instead of MJF's cringe promos thanks Tony.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

I'll withhold judgment on the main event until we see the finals of the tournament. Cause honestly even with the two losses in the last two months or whatever I'm tiring a little bit of Mox and the BCC in general

Edit: over the years I've also noticed I'm just particular about how long I enjoy certain stables just remaining dominant. I'm fickle, I'm the guy heels blame in the crowd.

Yeah it's gotten stale, Mox in particular. I like him and think he's really talented but he's not doing a lot for me right now. I wish they'd finally get back around to recruiting people

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God I hope they do something cool with these boys in Montreal. Happy to know Daddy Magic and I share confusion and aggravation with the Angelo stuff - “like he’s never seen a woman before!”

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Didn't get to watch the show live but here are some notes I wrote while watching the recording .

Hoots n Hollers

-holy poo poo Swerve is over, as he should be

-if Swerve isn't booked to win this he should be 

-I am a unironic Wheeler Yuta enjoyer

-Joe will soon hopefully condense MJF into a cube 

-Joe is super cool

-Golden Jets winning on Saturday means The Best Bout Machine might have to confront Bill so vast that every man simply refers to him as Big 

-I'll still hoot for 2.0 even if I hate their entrance music 

-TRADING SLEEPER HOLDS 

-I wish my dad was Christian Cage

-KILLSWITCH, it would be so stupid if it wasn't so awesome 

-this Christian segment is a roller coaster 

-'that's my son, that's my child' 

-Christian is a good father and Adam Copeland's new gimmick is he will murder children 

-RUSH RUSH RUSH 

-the C2 means we are getting so much RUSH in the coming weeks 

-I don't care how janky the C2 announcement was, this is awesome, also I'm glad I'm watching this on fite with no commercials 

-Mox and Briscoe both rule

Circles of AEW Hell

-Wooooooooo Energy

-I would enjoy Better than You Baby if the world title wasn't involved, but the crowd loves it

-MJF mouthing off to Joe reminded me how good he is as a heel

-2.0 should be coming out to something that sounds like its ripping off the jets song from west side story 

-the empty space were Juice should be

-Tony Storm wouldn't need the world title if they gave the woman's division more TV time

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Vibes for this show were not all there for me, was hoping for one of those Continental Classic matches to truly be fantastic to start it out hot, but didn't think any of them hit that level. BUT I'm sure we'll get something soon. I hope you all have a good turkey day. Much love.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

At least he didn't rebrand Luchasaurus The Unprettier.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

God I hope they do something cool with these boys in Montreal. Happy to know Daddy Magic and I share confusion and aggravation with the Angelo stuff - “like he’s never seen a woman before!”

yeeeah I'm still really pumped about those shows

Even with the audio being kinda bad, I like the impromptu promo style

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
mjf is now joes prison bitch

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Ganso Bomb posted:

That's what makes it cute!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
With Joe now Max's self-proclaimed bodyguard, I guess this means that we're getting a Joe/Wardlow rematch soon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

i dont know who that is, should i be sad?

plesae guide my emotions cav

beer crab. cr ab wrestler

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Fake G1 off to a good start and Joe winning the belt at AEW World Send, Tony starting to cook once again.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Im shocked my boy with a killer promo. Truly shocked

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

stab posted:

Im shocked my boy with a killer promo. Truly shocked

Ey Stab, are Angelo and Ruby dating IRL, give us the scoops!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i thought ruby was married and owned a farm or something

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

A real missed opportunity to change his name to Nick Cage.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Majinfoose posted:

Ey Stab, are Angelo and Ruby dating IRL, give us the scoops!

People have seen them together at like, clubs around areas AEW is running but Stab would have the real scoops.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Loved that episode. The only part that didn’t click for me was MJF’s extended riff-fest and that was saved by Joe dunking on him and getting him to shut up. But outside of him telling Joe to blow him as he wasn’t gonna honor his deal, this felt like MJF took a step backwards on the mic.

I’m also back on “Cole is a heel who’s going to screw over MJF” because of how he acted last night. No real friend is going to tell you to fight Samoa Joe, that’s insanity.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Evil Badman posted:

A real missed opportunity to change his name to Nick Cage.

Biggest disappointment of the night.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH93/status/1727628064199483704

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

:pray:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

At least he didn't rebrand Luchasaurus The Unprettier.

That's saved for when he unmasks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God :vince:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

That MJF segment was dire.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
It's probably going to be Jack Perry just because it's the most boring answer, but I'm still going with my theory:

Jay White orchestrated his own attack as a diversion to get the belt, and he's bringing Adam Cole back to Bullet Club as his general. If you watch Full Gear with the idea that Cole wanted to get the belt on Jay (which worked, briefly), it fits every interaction they had - even "accidentally" giving the ring to the wrong guy at first. Oh gee, gosh Max, I have a shattered ankle but I'll totally solidify Jay's reign for you since you can't be here.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

magiccarpet posted:

That MJF segment was dire.

I thought all the talking segments were dire. The Christian one was ok but the dead crowd brought the segment down. The crowd brought the whole show down to a degree in my opinion and I’m not as high on last nights episode as most here seem to be. It was a very WWE-type crowd where they only popped for the entrances and finishes for most matches. They were into the main event at least and I did like that match. I think they probably should have had Briscoe pull off the upset but Mox has traditionally been a final boss character so it’s probably too early in the tourney to pull something like that off.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

I swear they've both been advocating for this match for a couple years. I'd love to see it though I fully expect it to be career ending for at least one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/SilverNumber1/status/1727464205324845469?s=20