Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Kingston vs Lethal 0 0%
Claudio vs Buddy 0 0%
MJF and Joe vs Gunns 0 0%
STING MATCH 0 0%
Orange vs Mox 2 1.77%
Storm vs Shida 0 0%
LADDER MATCH 2 1.77%
TBS Match 3 2.65%
TEXAS DEATH 102 90.27%
JETS VS BUCKS 0 0%
World Title Match 4 3.54%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
I kinda suck at using cagematch but as far as I can tell, eddie vs danielson has never happened at any point? those two are going to kill each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I C2 wrestlers in an AEW ring and I turn off my drat television!!!!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

C2 C2C2

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My anxiety is feeling pretty good right now that the most recent unknown in my life, who is in the C2, got resolved. Anyone have unknowns for me to get worked up about? I'm thinking how they book the C2 title in the future but I'm still shopping around for the new fixation.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

I kinda suck at using cagematch but as far as I can tell, eddie vs danielson has never happened at any point? those two are going to kill each other

happened in 2021 and it was an absolute banger of a match

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=111&nr=42615

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Takaeshita is a good name for next year or the year after, whenever they actually start pushing him. Right now in AEW he's a glorified jobber to the stars waiting for his break out moment. Either build the tournament around him or don't include him and the first one shouldn't be built around him.

No he's not.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

My anxiety is feeling pretty good right now that the most recent unknown in my life, who is in the C2, got resolved. Anyone have unknowns for me to get worked up about? I'm thinking how they book the C2 title in the future but I'm still shopping around for the new fixation.

Yeah get that brain tumor checked out

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

Nea posted:

happened in 2021 and it was an absolute banger of a match

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=111&nr=42615

knew I sucked at using cagematch lol. can't believe I have no memory of this match somehow

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Lucifunk posted:

Let Wardlow powerbomb The Bean 15 times and then eat 15 hotdogs.

But he dips the hotdogs in loving Malort like those speed eaters do with water.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Buh Buh Ray Dudley
D-Von Dudley
Little Spike Dudley
Big Dick Dudley
Chubby Dudley
Dances With Dudley
Faboo Andre
Dudley Dudley
Sign Guy Dudley

Another dream unfulfilled 😔

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Stroker Ace posted:

But he dips the hotdogs in loving Malort like those speed eaters do with water.

ew

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

knew I sucked at using cagematch lol. can't believe I have no memory of this match somehow

if it helps i also suck at using cagematch i just googled bryan danielson vs eddie kingston because i was pretty sure i remembered it existing and the cagematch link came up

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Yeah get that brain tumor checked out

Born with it dumbass, can't get worked up about the brain damage because we figured that all out when I was 8

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Thinking about it, I actually like Lethal in the C2. He's not going to win, but it's believable that he'll snag the occasional wins to make the final weeks interesting.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

The AEW roster is big enough that they could have had four groups and it would still be full of amazing potential matches, only bringing in a couple of NJPW guys. (Yeah, I know, my groups are lame, post your better ideas.)

Red Group
Konosuke Takeshita
Kenny Omega
Malakai Black
Miro
Zack Sabre Jr.
Luchasaurus

Green Group
Hangman Adam Page
Keith Lee
Wardlow
Adam Copeland
Darby Allin
Ishii

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Kvantum posted:

The AEW roster is big enough that they could have had four groups and it would still be full of amazing potential matches, only bringing in a couple of NJPW guys. (Yeah, I know, my groups are lame, post your better ideas.)

Red Group
Konosuke Takeshita
Kenny Omega
Malakai Black
Miro
Zack Sabre Jr.
Luchasaurus

Green Group
Hangman Adam Page
Keith Lee
Wardlow
Adam Copeland
Darby Allin
Ishii

Honestly these groups are cool as hell to me

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I'm pumped for the C²
I love tournaments
:dance:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

No he's not.

However you went to phrase it. He's in a holding pattern and should only be in it if he's winning and he shouldn't win the first one.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I figure the title will bounce around doing whatever most of the year but then they'll make a big deal out of whether the champion going into the C2 can make it through the other side and retain the title. The first person to actually do it will be treated like a god.

Also, my interpretation of the scrum was that the title was a collaboration with New Japan, and could end up there for a while too, but I guess that's not the case?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Answers Me posted:

I figure the title will bounce around doing whatever most of the year but then they'll make a big deal out of whether the champion going into the C2 can make it through the other side and retain the title. The first person to actually do it will be treated like a god.

Also, my interpretation of the scrum was that the title was a collaboration with New Japan, and could end up there for a while too, but I guess that's not the case?

I'd definitely expect it to be defended on a STRONG show sometime.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
What a stacked tournament plus Jay Lethal

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

What time is the reveal

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm honestly kinda bummed at that list. Garcia is in there to sadly eat a pin, Lethal's spot should be for Takeshita, Mox should be doing other stuff and freeing up a spot for Miro, 3 members of BCC seems a bit much.

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/aew-reveals-full-list-of-entrants-for-continental-classic-tournament

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

mox/briscoe TONIGHT

whoever it was that was on the fence about going to tonight's show should probably go tbh

Mox/Briscoe and RUSH/Switch convinced me. And Swerve actually being there. I thought he’d be taking a breather tonight for sure, which he sort of is, I guess. Will be funny if he loses to Lethal because he’s too injured, though.

I probably wouldn’t go if it was most of the Blue Group matches, tbh.

Also, loving hell ticket fees are unreal nowadays. Almost doubled the cost of my ticket. Someone needs to run for President with a platform of putting Ticketmaster and phone scammers out of business.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The JR meme guy has passed away.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Wish the JR meme guy was still here, I wonder what happened to him :(

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
All time 1-on-1 matches (really quick work, there's possibly an error or two*)

e. *) fixed one already

Kennel fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 22, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kvantum posted:

Red Group
Konosuke Takeshita
Kenny Omega
Malakai Black
Miro
Zack Sabre Jr.Angelico
LuchasaurusLance Archer

Green Group
Hangman Adam Page
Keith Lee
WardlowWill Hobbs
Adam Copeland
Darby Allin
IshiiBrian Cage

Keeping with the general theme of your brackets but leaving NJPW alone and putting in other people I'd rather see

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The brackets look amazing, holy crap thats gonna be a lot of great matches

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I shouldn't be surprised the only person in Eddie's bracket he's actually beaten is Garcia, yet I kind of am

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Kennel posted:

All time 1-on-1 matches (really quick work, there's possibly an error or two)

Oh man seeing the names laid out like this, this is gonna be fantastic!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Claudio Vs Brody King.

Beef. BEEF. BEEEEEEEEEEEF!

:getin:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

The JR meme guy has passed away.

i dont know who that is, should i be sad?

plesae guide my emotions cav

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

I shouldn't be surprised the only person in Eddie's bracket he's actually beaten is Garcia, yet I kind of am

and claudio, he's just lost more than he's won against Claudio- but also recently picked up a huge win over him this year.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
I hope claudio/eddie is a time limit draw just to make them both miserable

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

thank god i get to stomp around and yell ROOSH every week from now on. well i did that anyway but now he'll be on my TV while I do it.

i will be mad about any loss Mark Briscoe takes, i will boo my rear end entirely off!!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

thank god i get to stomp around and yell ROOSH every week from now on. well i did that anyway but now he'll be on my TV while I do it.

i will be mad about any loss Mark Briscoe takes, i will boo my rear end entirely off!!

agreed

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Missed the stream live, and I'm gonna miss the actual Dynamite, darn! That roster is great, though I do agree that 3 BCC members is a tad unbalanced, and one too many Jays, but gently caress. Briscoe and Kingston both have good reason to beat him up again anyway.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kennel posted:

All time 1-on-1 matches (really quick work, there's possibly an error or two*)

e. *) fixed one already

thats 11 first time ever matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

thats 11 first time ever matches

Three tonight!