Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Waffleopolis posted:

My ideas to improve AEW:

Yes to all of these, I would even hot shot the belt to Swerve at this point. You want to make a statement and get some buzz on your product with a guy who's super hot and dangerous looking? Have Swerve just kill MJF like the night after World's End. Say something like "oh he's super injured from Joe, BFF Adam can't be here," maybe the devil or Wardlow beats him up in the back, whatever. Regardless, get the belt off Max and onto Swerve, he's super over, you get your first black world champion, and you have something interesting and fresh going into the new year.

I feel we're going to trudge through the MJF mud for another 9 months until Ospreay beats him at Wembley. We don't need to do this, Tony. The MJF stuff is so old and tired and is doing nothing to help the product.

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW survived a pandemic as a much smaller and less prestigious company, if anybody seriously thinks they're dying just because somebody looked at TV sideways then I highly suggest you take some time off of online wrestling discussion and just enjoy the show on its own merits. I cannot stress enough how much more fun a show can be when you're not also microanalyzing how many people are attending the show, what the live viewership numbers are, and whether a thing is sports, entertainment, or sports entertainment.

The only way AEW dies is if Tony gets bored and doesn't want to do it anymore. If TNA and NWA survived this long, AEW is fine. It's not dying, but it's very cold right now and it probably doesn't help that Punk is about to go out on Raw tonight and bury them for like 10 minutes straight. They could really use some kind of a shakeup.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

people who literally think AEW is going out of business.

I would be shocked if anyone on this board actually thinks that is happening. The only people who literally think that are weird twitter WWE stans.

Pylons posted:

It's only cold as gently caress if you're too deep in the discourse. Attendance is actually up this quarter.

Eh, regardless of ratings or tickets or whatever, the show is just way less interesting right now. A year ago I was excited to watch AEW, now I find myself fast forwarding most of it except the one or two matches/segments that I'm interested in. There's just too many bad segments/squash matches/stuff that you know is inconsequential and doesn't matter.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Pylons posted:

Okay, but we're talking about engagement/popularity, not how you, the individual poster, feels about the show.

I'm not the only person down on the show right now, homie

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Pylons posted:

No poo poo. My point is that the actual figures don't back up how you or others personally feel.

He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Tony.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

yea ok posted:

They cater to their audience in a way that they never did with Vince. I think it's still completely unwatchable but it can sure fill a building. Smackdown became the A Show when it was on Fox (larger viewerbase)

I think Smackdown having the main world champion, Roman, sort of made it the defacto A show as well.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Christ, AEW can't catch a loving break

If Max getting injured is the only way to get the title off of him, I'd count that as catching a break.

Gavok posted:

4. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brody King:

This could be a legit great match and I'm actually excited for it. Just two strong dudes throwing each other around.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Whoever posted that Simpsons clip of homer crawling through the tiny door was pretty much right on. This is a defeated man. I wanted a 10 minute messy burial. I got a dude who was just going through the motions.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

DEAR RICHARD posted:

anyone else miss marq quen?

I miss Kyle O'Reily. That dude was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

*Proceeds to go out and cut the lamest promo he's ever done