Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJF please go home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mox could win every match for the rest of his life and I would be satisfied.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Punch McLightning posted:

Please stop pushing Skye Blue.

Keep pushing Skye Blue. She rules and I like her new presentation

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yeah, there were a couple of What chants. It was very obnoxious. I was on the upper level and it seemed like a more casual crowd than usual. I don’t think they were that bad overall, but it seemed less full than the last two Thanksgiving shows. And having two heel vs. heel matches and a main event match featuring a guy who is only sporadically on TV created a lot of weird vibes. It certainly wasn’t the best Chicago crowd, but it was fine.

I think the Jake Hager hat taunting was one of the loudest bits of the night. The fact that Danhausen actually had the hat was insane.

that crowd sucked. They whatted way too much and sat on their hands during good wrestling matches.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Call them Baby Storms like these little goblins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOcw9Ux6ZN0

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

@shard, silly burrito etc

That's awesome! I don't live in Louisiana anymore!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

So why was it terrible when MJF beat him by cheating when Ibushi beat him (I'm assuming) through pure heart even though they both had the same injury? Why did Jay look good in one match and "weak" in the other? Sounds the same to me (perhaps even better in AEW cos MJF had to cheat to beat him)

I didn't watch the G1 but I bet they didnt wheel Ibushi out into an ambulance with him crying and screaming to his injured best friend to not let them take his tournament win, then later in the show have an interview about how the match wouldn't happen only for the best friend to say he'd wrestle while looking like a crippled hobo off the streets, and then during the main event keep teasing that the match you were going to see isn't going to happen.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

when does aew either get a big increase in their tv deal or die?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I predict that the company will not die. I think it will at least get the same deal as it currently has.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I feel like the doom posting has been on the rise lately. Lots of talk about AEW dying. Are they in the red or something? Or is it just because it's not as popular anymore both here and with attendance?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bahahaha oh man that got me. Good post

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

emf you make the best pictures. I love it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I am not excited about those matches honestly. But I am here for the C2 matches.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The best thing to ever happen to Danielson was to get married to a sane person who had his best interests in mind.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

wrong thread

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I hate to be the contrarian but I didn't like that episode of collision very much. I missed Rampage so maybe I'd feel differently otherwise. But Collision was mostly bad for me. But I did really enjoy the Brody/Eddie match which I watched the entire show just to see.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DeepDickPizza posted:

One of the biggest stars in wrestling went back to the bad company that’s already been on an upswing, but at least we get 4 more months of MJF working the worst angles that wrestling has ever seen.

lol the worst angles? The katie vick angle was way worse than this. And what about the new blood vs millionaires club? Or Eugene?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh my god lol this got me

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I hate the mjf poo poo. But it's not even in my top 10 of worst wrestling angles. It's just normal poo poo. The kind that will go away eventually and then I'll probably never think about it again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My grandpa is a lifelong wrestling fan so I was doing some math. At my age he was watching wrestling in 1973. Holy cow I have a lot more wrestling to see. Sometimes things feel like I'm at the end of it but really so many different things can happen over the next 40 years or so.

Don't mind me its late and I'm posting my tired thoughts.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm gonna stop going to the Aew hell thread that place makes me depressed. I don't want Aew to die its literally the only wrestling I enjoy and have easy access to on a regular basis. I'm never gonna watch wwe because wwe doesn't put on shows I enjoy. If Aew dies I'm gonna be like those wcw fans that just stopped watching anything.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I read most threads here. Other perspectives are good to get and I enjoy reading about things I don't watch. But that place seems to e making fun of the fan type that I am exclusively. I do t actually think they are literally making fun of me but that's how it makes me feel to read it so no thanks. I also dipped in there when the Mjf poo poo at the ppv was at its worst

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

i've decided to stop touching the burners on the stove when they're turned on.

#brave

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

I can't decide if I like that the luchadors in AEW feel like the lucha squad back in WCW Nitro days (kinda in their own gang, a bit interchangeable, often used as enhancement) or not, it's cool that the LB's had a tag team run with the belts, but it feels like guys like Kommander won't ever get a push, even though he's loving amazing

I would like it if the luchadores branched out and tagged wit other types. I like when a team is two dudes who look like two different characters from a fighting game.

Give me a kommander/Brody king tag team

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i like you shard but that's a questionable statement. you've seen what other people's opinions are like

yes you make a good point. Not all other perspectives. What I really meant is like I read the sumo and joshi threads even though I don't watch those things because sometimes it's cool to see how others are in other threads. But no I'm not trying to go read hateful stuff.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

Just thought about Bandito and Brian Cage

that would be so loving good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

neoaxd posted:

I can't tell you for sure, but I can confirm it will be someone from New Zealand.

When did Brody move?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

My exclamation mark was just for my own excitement, not intended to seem like I was yelling at you. I overuse them, such is my curse.

I once had a english composition professor who told me that I should write roughly 5 exclamation points in my life.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sounds like a real nerd!

yes he was an english comp professor

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Posting isn't writing literature

!!!

I dunno. I love EMF's posts.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

Which EMF?

yes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

covid's over, we need a new excuse

flu?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

Normalize 👏 Fatasses 👏 In 👏 Wrestling 👏

been saying this. I want fat strong dudes like Vader and Earthquake.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Honestly AEW just does way too much WWE poo poo now and some of it I can stomach cause the wrestling is good but that's pretty much all it has now and it honestly just makes me depressed watching it at this point cause it feels like it's in a death spiral and if it does go away that's basically me done watching wrestling ever again.

I will watch an AEW show and feel like it was really great and I had a good time. Then I go online and read from a lot of folks that it's dead or dying and honestly my solution is to stop reading as much stuff online. When I just interact with the show I enjoy it way more.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

Fightful Select thing came out. Nothing crazy. Tony is more worried about Shibata than Punk which makes sense. AEW morale is low, some think the debut makes them look second rate, bla bla bla. Some in WWE very upset, "tepid" reaction similar to his return for Collision.

Any details on exactly what is going on with Shibata? Is it a visa thing? Personal?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

People keep saying WWE is the hottest it's ever been and maybe it's one of those things that if it's said enough times it just becomes true.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really enjoy the Young Bucks work. The output of their matches over the course of their career is something I enjoy way more than most other wrestlers. They can effortlessly have amazing matches every single night. I'll always go to bat for the bucks.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sometimes I take for granted the elite. I need to appreciate them while I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Kenny could thrive there but the Bucks would be eaten alive.

the bucks would have amazing tag matches no matter where they went.