Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1727555512533668170

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Suplex Liberace posted:

did i miss a dynamite with Jeff Farmer on it???

...YUP!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Alan_Shore posted:

The Righteous suck, but John Goodman has something. Put him in House of Black and get rid of the Wyatt-lite imo

Vincent and Roderick Strong should do a Barton Fink tag team.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The Dark Order guys have been posting a logo of BTDO and all of them have been retweeted by the BTE account. So that's probably happening tomorrow.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

While it’s a weird time to post this as everything is on fire, this idea came to mind as something to do during the Continental Classic. With the solid roster (even Lethal) and the occasionally intriguing matchups that are forced to happen via the setup, I thought I would start ranking the week’s matches by how much I'm interested in them.

Play along at home!

6. Jon Moxley vs. Jay Lethal: Lethal has the least amount of juice in this tournament and Moxley is a wrecking ball who has no reason to ever lose to Lethal. Maybe if the rest of Lethal’s stable was allowed, but that’s off the table. Should be a fine match, but there’s nothing especially gripping about it other than what could end up being the shortest match of the tournament.

5. Daniel Garcia vs. Andrade El Idolo: That they just did this match works against it and, in a way, works for it. I’m really invested in Daniel Garcia’s current frustrated and confused losing streak gimmick. That he’s doing that in a block with Eddie Kingston lowkey fascinates me. This could be his moment of clarity and his first step in getting his groove back. Maybe he can make it to a draw. Andrade winning feels like the most boring outcome.

4. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brody King: I love Claudio and think the world of his in-ring skill, but after Lethal, he’s probably the least interesting guy in this tournament. Luckily, Brody makes for a compelling opponent. It’s the perfect follow-up to Brody vs. Eddie, though it’s sadly the last match for Brody where his opponent can physically stand up to him. I mean, unless he and Mox make it to the finals.

3. Mark Briscoe vs. Rush: This pairing just works. In fact, I’d say that Rush is probably Mark’s most promising opponent. You could easily do a PPV feud with these two and I’d be all for it. There’s almost a “two sides of the same coin” quality with these two as equally brutal dudes where on is self-serious and stylish while the other is a white trash goofball. This feels like a dark horse for match of the week.

2. Bryan Danielson vs. Eddie Kingston: I predict this to be the first draw of the tournament as it’s the only match in the whole tournament where two top faces are set to face off and I'm not sure if either should lose. Regardless, the quality of wrestlers means it has to be great with two of the most generous performers in AEW beating the poo poo out of each other. Considering how things are going and with my luck, this will end up putting Bryan on the shelf all over again.

1. Jay White vs. Swerve Strickland: This is the most fascinating match that AEW has put together since maybe the main event of All In. Heel vs. heel is rare enough, but this dynamic is something else. They’re two of the biggest heels in the company, but also two ships passing. You have one guy who just lost a PPV world title shot and really needs a rebound and you have another guy who just won a PPV match that’s meant to propel him up the ladder. I’m really curious where they go with this. Plus it should just be a kickass match to begin with.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Alan_Shore posted:

People talking about AEW being on fire* yet Being The Dark Order Episode 1 says otherwise. Curious

* the bad way

AEW is infested with murderous birds! They killed Uno's biological father!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I watched all of Raw, and I must say some people are a little too harsh on AEW and should not be throwing the WWE comparisons around so freely.

Absolutely amazing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

QT leaving AEW because he wants to be a megastar makes me think of when Randy Savage left WWF because Vince was holding him down, only instead of a popular top star with gas left in the tank, it's like... one of the Beverly Brothers.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I liked when QT initially wrestled as Cody's random tag partner and got the crowd behind him in the sense that they were chanting, "CODY'S PARTNER!"

Then somebody here described him perfectly as "a regular guy who was possessed by the ghost of a luchador and is pleasantly surprised by what his body is capable of."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The thing that MJF/White did well was make Adam Cole a red herring for the Devil. He almost finagled himself into taking MJF's spot. The look of surprise when MJF returned looked equal parts happy and like he was hiding contempt. He kept giving him bad advice during the match. He screwed up the interference to the point that it looked like it was on purpose.

Great on its own, but it was a show where everyone wanted them to get to the Devil factory and not stretch it out even further.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Bryan quietly narrowing his eyes in the background backstage as CM Punk confronts new AEW hire William Regal.

For real, backstage wrestling news has been edge of your seat in the past couple days.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Jungle boyyyy
What is the secret of your powers???
Jungle boyyyy
Won’t you take me far away
To a punky punk world

Bring out your real glass!
There's the Henderson!
Chop his teeth!
Elbow his scrote!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Had to update the original image from last year's goldmined thread

I wanted to do the scene from Godfather where Abe Vigoda knows he's about to be whacked and asks Robert Duvall to get him off the hook for old time's sake, but it doesn't work visually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Sammy couldn't go back to wrestling until he was certain he wouldn't see footage on the tron of Swerve and Nana helping deliver Luna.