Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

goblin week posted:

oh i have a degree in animal husbandry and worked in a laboratory mouse breeding center. i'm actually quite set for the luddic revolution

that's good cause we're gonna need a ton of mice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Pollyanna posted:

but can a robot eat the rich :colbert:

only one way to find out for sure

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
it would be sick to milk a bunch of cows in the cool autumn air

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah dairy farming sounds p.chill ngl

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

lumberjack, op.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
i’d like to see ai try to carve a mushroom out of a tree stump

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

HamAdams posted:

i’d like to see ai try to carve a mushroom out of a tree stump

never gonna happen

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

rotor posted:

lumberjack, op.

rotor: ahh, another satisfying day of hard work done
foreman: god damnit rotor why are all these logs cut into tiny mushrooms

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

well-read undead posted:

rotor: ahh, another satisfying day of hard work done
foreman: god damnit rotor why are all these logs cut into tiny mushrooms

company owner: omg we can sell this for so much more money, rotor you're a genius!!! Here's a million dollars, and elvira is here to french kiss you.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Scud Hansen posted:

it would be sick to milk a bunch of cows in the cool autumn air

echinopsis posted:

yeah dairy farming sounds p.chill ngl

the idyllic pastoral fragrance of rancid milk mingled with cow poo poo for a lucrative subsistence wage

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Roosevelt posted:

the idyllic pastoral fragrance of rancid milk mingled with cow poo poo for a lucrative subsistence wage

yeah my aunt ran a small dairy op until she died. you gotta be into that fresh dairy air though i enjoyed the small cooled stonehouse where the milk tank was kept (the cows were milked and the dairy co-op milk tanker came and pumped it out like every week). not a lot of rancid milk smells to be had as that would indicate waste but boy howdy is there a lot of cow plops happening (though if you're on the ball that can be a good fuel source too).

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

yosposter

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

yeah my aunt ran a small dairy op until she died. you gotta be into that fresh dairy air though i enjoyed the small cooled stonehouse where the milk tank was kept (the cows were milked and the dairy co-op milk tanker came and pumped it out like every week). not a lot of rancid milk smells to be had as that would indicate waste but boy howdy is there a lot of cow plops happening (though if you're on the ball that can be a good fuel source too).

I did a small amount of work at a dairy processing plant and drat I could not believe the waste

they were bottling regular milk, and when they were switching to banana flavour or whatever, they just ran the machine spitting out milk directly onto the floor and down the drain, as it was slowly moving between regular milk and banana milk, just litres and litres and litres.

outside there was this hose just running, all the water going into the drain. I asked if I should turn it off but they said nah just leave it running in case we need to use it

when they were doing ice cream, there was this machine that pumped out a litre of ice cream into a tub, and someone had to place one tub under it, machine squirt, then next tub etc

but the machine wasn't pumping out quite a litre, and so while they were adjusting the quantity coming out, the ice cream was just dumping directly onto the floor. by the time they had it sorted, there was this huge mound of ice cream, and they gave me a broom to sweep it up

I only worked like two days, but god drat that was the most wasteful place I had ever experienced. cant believe that all that waste is somehow still the cheapest way to do a thing

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

cows got a lot of milk to spurt out

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

cant believe that all that waste is somehow still the cheapest way to do a thing

at the lego headquarters the designers throw away the leftover loose blocks at the end of the day because it's cheaper to do that than to pay someone to sort them back where they go.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

at the lego headquarters the designers throw away the leftover loose blocks at the end of the day because it's cheaper to do that than to pay someone to sort them back where they go.

I can imagine

although in a sane empathetic world we’d run a lottery and every day some kid wins all that leftover poo poo

but anyway it feels particularly egregious with milk cos idk, we force these beasts to eat grass and line up and we suck they tiddies and then biff away that milk?

give that free milk too poor nutrient deficient kids
imo.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

I did a small amount of work at a dairy processing plant and drat I could not believe the waste

they were bottling regular milk, and when they were switching to banana flavour or whatever, they just ran the machine spitting out milk directly onto the floor and down the drain, as it was slowly moving between regular milk and banana milk, just litres and litres and litres.

outside there was this hose just running, all the water going into the drain. I asked if I should turn it off but they said nah just leave it running in case we need to use it

when they were doing ice cream, there was this machine that pumped out a litre of ice cream into a tub, and someone had to place one tub under it, machine squirt, then next tub etc

but the machine wasn't pumping out quite a litre, and so while they were adjusting the quantity coming out, the ice cream was just dumping directly onto the floor. by the time they had it sorted, there was this huge mound of ice cream, and they gave me a broom to sweep it up

I only worked like two days, but god drat that was the most wasteful place I had ever experienced. cant believe that all that waste is somehow still the cheapest way to do a thing

processing plants always are and it’s awful to be honest. now think about how to make all that milk the dairy cow has to get pregnant every year

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mediaphage posted:

the dairy cow has to get pregnant every year

buddy, they won't even let me

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

probably cook until i get my hvac or electrician certification, maybe teaching but that's even harder to get certified for

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
Groom of the Stool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

processing plants always are and it’s awful to be honest. now think about how to make all that milk the dairy cow has to get pregnant every year

I presume they have sex

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

seems weird that they haven't invented some sort of hormone that makes the cows just produce milk forever without being pregnant.

like does the veal industry actually have to exist? does anyone really like it?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we have this hormone preparation at work called premarin and so few people believe me when I tell
then this but you know how a horse is a mare (a horse with a ballsack?) well the mar in the premarin name comes from horse because the hormone is extracted from the horses piss

classic. they even put a clue to your origin of piss drugs in the name

idk I think they feed it something and the horse converts it to this conjugated equine hormone thing that is used in HRT

anyway perhaps synthetic hormones in the quantities required to make cow tiddy malky is simply too costly without an animal making them anyway. idk, speculating here. surely the way they do it across the globe is the cheapest way. which also sucks because it’s awful when you think about it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

you know how a horse is a mare (a horse with a ballsack?)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny he lives in upside down land. Everything is backwards over there

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
aaaaahhhh a mare is a horse without a ballsack

right

I knew it was one of the two

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I added the question mark as to not stake my entire reputation on it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A mare is a female horse, echi.

A male horse with a ballsack is a stallion, and a male horse without a ballsack is a gelding.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sorry for not keeping up to date on the latest horse news

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bob gelding didn’t he make live aids

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

when i was little someone told me that goats were just boy sheep so i thought that was true until pretty far into my adult life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
life was a lot simpler and arguably much better before we knew things

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

life was a lot simpler and arguably much better before we knew things

im still fighting the good fight brother, trying to stay as dumb as possible.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

klosterdev posted:

Groom of the Stool

isn't that what rotor is doing

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
til that people shoot up horse piss

what a world

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im going to round up escaping humans for special treatment by our ai overlords

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

til that people shoot up horse piss

what a world

wait till you find out how insulin is produced

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nowadays, recombinant human insulin is mainly produced either in E. coli or Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Using E. coli expression system, the insulin precursors (IP) are produced as inclusion bodies and fully functional polypeptides are obtained finally by solubilization and refolding procedures [16]

but yeah back in the day we had to gently caress pigs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
or something to do with pigs anyway. maybe it wasn’t sexual. maybe it was. we’ll never know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"where are the pigs?" --echi, walking into a burger king