Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

we have this hormone preparation at work called premarin and so few people believe me when I tell
then this but you know how a horse is a mare (a horse with a ballsack?) well the mar in the premarin name comes from horse because the hormone is extracted from the horses piss

classic. they even put a clue to your origin of piss drugs in the name

idk I think they feed it something and the horse converts it to this conjugated equine hormone thing that is used in HRT

anyway perhaps synthetic hormones in the quantities required to make cow tiddy malky is simply too costly without an animal making them anyway. idk, speculating here. surely the way they do it across the globe is the cheapest way. which also sucks because it’s awful when you think about it

Premarin is specifically ‘pregnant mare urine’ as a source of estrogen yeah. it used to the be standard over here for HRT in the bad old days, when trans women would just stroke out and die randomly, and it was in part because of this medication

we have a lot of hold over ideas for estrogen prescribing in our system from back when premarin was the standard, which has prescribers a little too risk averse at times with respect to estrogen, and for risks that are no longer rly applicable. so occasionally people will be told to do stupid things like stop taking hrt if they have to fly in a plane, even tho nowadays you’re way more at risk of suicide from stopping hormones than whatever risk flying + hrt presents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Roosevelt posted:

we've almost certainly tried eating every animal, which is the same as licking

anyway, i'm going to be an animal lick-tester when AI takes my job

dont worry there will always be a market for hand murdering your food you can be part of that process

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone used a airify vacuum/blower thing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

has anyone used a airify vacuum/blower thing

https://i.imgur.com/GykCwXB.gifv

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the ad looks good but like i’m gonna trust reviews on their own god drat web sight

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i had to google it but i got a little battery powered handheld vacuum which i guess is all that thing is. its not perfect but its pretty handy.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tbh it was its ability to be a mega blower which appeals

it looks quite high powered which I suppose means has about 40 second of battery power

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

didnt think ofthe blower aspect. the handheld vac i have also has a short battery life. i know somone here has talked about the electric blower things being kind of crappy before (at least compared to compressed air for electronics stuff). maybe jonny? not sure.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my partner uses a leaf blower to clean her car lol

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i would work in a restaurant prob

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
i’d make a pretty realistic crash test dummy

011524_3
Jan 16, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 16, 2024

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park
HVAC always seemed pretty cool, what am I missing

I guess besides probably having to crawl in crawlspaces with angry rodents or something

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

post hole digger posted:

didnt think ofthe blower aspect. the handheld vac i have also has a short battery life. i know somone here has talked about the electric blower things being kind of crappy before (at least compared to compressed air for electronics stuff). maybe jonny? not sure.

those are okay but i can't take you seriously if you're a "computer guy" and don't have an actual air compressor with a blowgun nozzle

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i finally caved and bought a lil 1.5 gallon compressor and its nice

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

is it california air tools? they're so quiet

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

i finally caved and bought a lil 1.5 gallon compressor and its nice

for when u really want 36 grams of air but you only have 1.5 gallons of space to put it in

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
im gonna be a bold electrician!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

is it california air tools? they're so quiet

yeah, its nice