Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i figure ai won’t meaningfully be in most boutique restaurants til after i die so i’ll just go back to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

woodworking seems cool

you'll be able to ai generate a picture and have it control a cnc to get you what you want and order online, dont worry

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

the idyllic pastoral fragrance of rancid milk mingled with cow poo poo for a lucrative subsistence wage

yeah my aunt ran a small dairy op until she died. you gotta be into that fresh dairy air though i enjoyed the small cooled stonehouse where the milk tank was kept (the cows were milked and the dairy co-op milk tanker came and pumped it out like every week). not a lot of rancid milk smells to be had as that would indicate waste but boy howdy is there a lot of cow plops happening (though if you're on the ball that can be a good fuel source too).

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

I did a small amount of work at a dairy processing plant and drat I could not believe the waste

they were bottling regular milk, and when they were switching to banana flavour or whatever, they just ran the machine spitting out milk directly onto the floor and down the drain, as it was slowly moving between regular milk and banana milk, just litres and litres and litres.

outside there was this hose just running, all the water going into the drain. I asked if I should turn it off but they said nah just leave it running in case we need to use it

when they were doing ice cream, there was this machine that pumped out a litre of ice cream into a tub, and someone had to place one tub under it, machine squirt, then next tub etc

but the machine wasn't pumping out quite a litre, and so while they were adjusting the quantity coming out, the ice cream was just dumping directly onto the floor. by the time they had it sorted, there was this huge mound of ice cream, and they gave me a broom to sweep it up

I only worked like two days, but god drat that was the most wasteful place I had ever experienced. cant believe that all that waste is somehow still the cheapest way to do a thing

processing plants always are and it’s awful to be honest. now think about how to make all that milk the dairy cow has to get pregnant every year

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

post hole digger posted:

cow impregnator

just make sure u get the gloves that go all the way up ur arm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

we've almost certainly tried eating every animal, which is the same as licking

anyway, i'm going to be an animal lick-tester when AI takes my job

dont worry there will always be a market for hand murdering your food you can be part of that process