Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
lee harvey oswald really did act alone; he was a bizarre figure who bounced around the fringes of 50s society, defecting to the soviet union and back, and eventually radicalized himself into killing the president. he took advantage of the lax security protocols of the time and fired the fatal shots that killed jfk.

in the immediate aftermath of jfk's death, the national security state would have been freaking out. was this an attack by the soviets? was this an internal coup by other factions of the defense apparatus? the overriding desire would be to reduce uncertainty. to that extent, every faction would have seen oswald as a clear wild card that had to be eliminated; who knew how he fit into the overall plan? the CIA or the FBI or the white house or some other federal faction called up their contacts and had jack ruby take out oswald, not because of a grand master plan, but just because nobody knew what was happening. subsequent investigations by the warren commission and others have been naturally hindered and misguided by elements of the same national security state, hoping to reduce embarrassment about their failures in jfk's assassination

idk what do you think. i've always felt that jack ruby's involvement is the weak link in the official jfk story and that the evidence for multiple shooters at dealey plaza is not very convincing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020
you loving love pop culture

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
JFK is still alive in South America

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
my jfk theory is this: he sucked balls

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
consider this: have there been any other assassinations or attempted assassinations of federal officials in US history where the perpetrator denied the crime? oswald is the only one

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
https://www.myabandonware.com/game/jfk-reloaded-c6p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5bjWTyj1Ng

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Aglet56 posted:

lee harvey oswald really did act alone; he was a bizarre figure who bounced around the fringes of 50s society, defecting to the soviet union and back, and eventually radicalized himself into killing the president. he took advantage of the lax security protocols of the time and fired the fatal shots that killed jfk.

in the immediate aftermath of jfk's death, the national security state would have been freaking out. was this an attack by the soviets? was this an internal coup by other factions of the defense apparatus? the overriding desire would be to reduce uncertainty. to that extent, every faction would have seen oswald as a clear wild card that had to be eliminated; who knew how he fit into the overall plan? the CIA or the FBI or the white house or some other federal faction called up their contacts and had jack ruby take out oswald, not because of a grand master plan, but just because nobody knew what was happening. subsequent investigations by the warren commission and others have been naturally hindered and misguided by elements of the same national security state, hoping to reduce embarrassment about their failures in jfk's assassination

idk what do you think. i've always felt that jack ruby's involvement is the weak link in the official jfk story and that the evidence for multiple shooters at dealey plaza is not very convincing

didnt read

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Don't be silly OP, it was the mossadegh

https://twitter.com/MargarittaaK/status/1727602002127990994

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
I think his head just did that, it happens sometimes

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
if its a legitimate assassination the body politic has ways to shut it down

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

magic bullet is real but it did that because it kept colliding with and deflecting the other bullets fired by the cia, kgb, fbi, mossad, etc

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Just imagine how sick it would have been if oswald has used like akimbo uzis instead, maybe even while leaping in slow motion.

Also i despise ballistic forensics (not racist, we just have an history) and tbqh seeing those nerds scratch their bald heads at having to deal with 60 bullet paths instead of just 3 brings me joy.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
JFK Reunion Tour, Tupac opens

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

I think his head just did that, it happens sometimes

He actually saw a woman he wanted to cheat on his wife with and because he was in the middle of a parade and couldn't immediately gratify his urges, his head exploded

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
The most relatable president

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

big fan of the LBJ skullfuck theory someone posted in the Epstein thread

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Aglet56 posted:

Yup I can confirm this

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The dumbest theories are ones that involve LBJ. Dude went from one of the most powerful men in the world to doing nothing but eating burgers and floating in his pool hoping that somebody, anybody would call him in the span of like a year. He was originally gunning for the top spot but took VP under JFK after burning his senate bridges with the promise he'd be involved in cabinet level stuff. Instead they all hated him and shut him out and nicknamed him Rufus Cornpone (lol). If there was a conspiracy he probably did what he could to find out who was involved just to made their lives hell for leaving him out of it.

Everyone here should read Robert Caro's LBJ biographies, especially Master of the Senate and Passage of Power. They're huge books but they're easily some of the best biographies ever written they're good reads and kinda breezy. There's a great section in The Passage of Power when LBJ finally puts his full effort behind progressive racial legislation getting the Civil Rights Acts done, full of interviews with dixiecrats who got steamrolled. IIRC lots of them missed weeks of work from ulcers and stress and whathaveyou from Johnson's "betrayal" lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ghw bush is reading this thread in hell (yes of course they get the sa forums in hell) and is laughing his rear end off

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Jack Ruby's involvement was that he was a North Texas white Catholic just like I was raised and having a Catholic president in the first place was obviously a massive massive deal but then to have him killed in our city was a humongous blow and the level of communal anger is difficult to put into words. I was born decades later but it still came up nearly every Thanksgiving growing up. If Ruby hadn't done it someone else among us would've I guaran-goddamn-tee it, dollars to donuts there were other guys packing In that same exact crowd with the same motive who skedaddled once Ruby got there first

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
My theory is Oswald was planning on it, CIA was keeping tabs on it through Ruby, but didn't think Oswald would pull it off, just thought they could scare JFK into stop threatening to break it up. Then he succeeded, and they were like, "Aw gently caress, oh poo poo, gently caress." Think 9/11 went down a similar way.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm a fan of the theory that the secret service guy in the car slipped and shot jfk by accident

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
jfk reloaded was a good game

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I think Oswald acted alone on that assassination and him being alone was one of the big keys to success but there were plenty of fuckups that had to happen for him to even get the chance and there was a massive coverup because asking about those fuckups means asking why entire organizations exist in the first place and those orgs knew they didn't have a worthwhile answer and still don't

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Fortaleza posted:

I think Oswald acted alone on that assassination and him being alone was one of the big keys to success but there were plenty of fuckups that had to happen for him to even get the chance and there was a massive coverup because asking about those fuckups means asking why entire organizations exist in the first place and those orgs knew they didn't have a worthwhile answer and still don't

agree

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it actually doesn't really matter whether some boomer rear end president got murdered by the cia or koreans or whatever, the cia has participated numerous in actual genocides, so you might as well make up some fun story or whatever

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think it matters, fursonally

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The museum in the book depository is creepy as hell. And you can do full on Immersive tours where you ride the route in a convertible and they slow down where he was shot then speed down to parkland hospital

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jackie with the pillbox hat. wake up sheeple

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkmKrbMgvI

lmao they added a context box thing to this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkmKrbMgvI

lmao they added a context box thing to this

oh yeah, he fell from his balcony because he was drunk ok

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Jackie O spermjacked his corpse, Danzig’s uncle worked for the SS and the song is an accurate firsthand account

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

considering starting a jfk hobby are there any specific products or resources youd recommend? thanks!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Al! posted:

oh yeah, he fell from his balcony because he was drunk ok

that's right. and so young too

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

The Saucer Hovers posted:

considering starting a jfk hobby are there any specific products or resources youd recommend? thanks!

yeah https://www.myabandonware.com/game/jfk-reloaded-c6p

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

The Saucer Hovers posted:

https://www.thehenryford.org/visit/henry-ford-museum/exhibits/presidential-vehicles/

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

JFK committed suicide. Everything that followed was an elaborate coverup because they didn’t want the pope to find out the first catholic president had committed a mortal sin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if you think this jfk poo poo's hosed up you should see what the guy who got his brother said

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s pretty hosed up that Sirhan sirhan is still in prison. Motherfucker has a ton to teach us, like how to shoot someone in the face and have the bullet got in through the back. Hell of a trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
John F. to pay respects