Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's probably better then Carr at this point, or at least has potential.

Carr is not what you want. He's efficient at not moving the ball, bad guy to have or to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Kurgarra Queen posted:

….are you saying you doubt the incredible brain trust that is Matt Eberflus and Luke Getsy?

Yes it is my hot take of the day.

Though I do think flus has the defense playing pretty well now. Not well enough to save him, or at least shouldn't be.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Fields is not better than Carr or Baker.

Easily better than Carr

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Carr has been similarly hurt and just miserable to watch, at least Fields can fool the defense with a run, Carr ain’t fooling anyone *screen pass to Kamara*

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Give me fields over Carr. Carr is just... godawful, and I'm running out of patience to blame it all on Pete Carmichael

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Carr has played better in the past for much longer stretches than Fields has ever achieved. I'll buy that Fields has a much higher ceiling, but the floor is also the basement.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Carrs ceiling is 35 attempts for 200yds and a touchdown

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Fields is not better than Carr or Baker.

:agreed:

Just because Fields can do some things those guys can’t doesn’t mean they’re not better on a down to down basis.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Fields has more passing touchdowns than Carr this season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

No one who has fields opinions has watched more than one bears game.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Fields is TFFs own draftnik, the grey ghost, number 1 qb prospect of the last decade except for Luck and Lawrence.

I have complete faith that Fields will take it to the next level when he’s traded in the offseason for a Darnold-ish package to… oh… let’s say the Buccaneers.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Fields could be good but the problem now is that all of the coaches that could get the most out of him already have their QBs. He’ll get traded to, like, the Raiders and further stagnate there until he’s out of the league and one of those “if only” players that we talk about a decade from now. He really needed to luck into the right team in the draft but instead he got the Bears.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Lions should take fields if he's available for peanuts. He's actually younger than hendon hooker haha.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

R.D. Mangles posted:

No one who has fields opinions has watched more than one bears game.

The Bears have 4 wins right now. Only one of them can actually be attributed to Fields' contributions. The same can be said of the one game Bagent won.

Fields is competing for his starting position and it doesn't look good for him. I am excited to see who the Bears draft using Carolina's #1 overall pick, be it a weapon or replacement for Fields. He is not a long term solution until the OC game plans around his skills and and until Fields actually delivers on what works.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

AndrewP posted:

:agreed:

Just because Fields can do some things those guys can’t doesn’t mean they’re not better on a down to down basis.

Derek Carr loving sucks this year. He hasn’t always sucked but right now he really does. Worse than Fields.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Look, Fields may have been bad earlier this season but he's since really learned a lot from UDFA Tyson Bagent.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Trade Justin Fields to the Los Angeles Rams

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Trade Fields to Vegas and sign Greg Roman to be OC for exactly two years, no more and no less

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Pron on VHS posted:

Carrs ceiling is 35 attempts for 200yds and a touchdown

:mad:

Game Leaders
Passing Yards
D. Carr
OAK
D. Carr
40-59, 513 YDS, 4 TD

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup/_/gameId/400874561

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
It's best not to think too hard about just-okay quarterbacks. That way lies madness.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fields better than Baker? :thunk:

Nah, they’re probably at a similar level. Inconsistent with some impressive highs and irritating lows, except Baker turns it over less and is more willing to truck fools. Plus Baker brings good vibes

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Nervous posted:

Game Leaders
Passing Yards
D. Carr
OAK
D. Carr
40-59, 513 YDS, 4 TD

2016?!

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

2016 never really ended, so it's still salient

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nervous posted:

Game Leaders
Passing Yards
D. Carr
OAK
D. Carr
40-59, 513 YDS, 4 TD

I remember watching that game on RedZone, wasn't that the one where the Raiders set a record for most penalties committed in a game?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
My favorite Raiders moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VISEvr3c0wg

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mega64 posted:

I remember watching that game on RedZone, wasn't that the one where the Raiders set a record for most penalties committed in a game?

23 penalties for a cool 200 yards

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Scipiotik posted:

I honestly think fields is being sabotaged by his coaches, they refuse to run plays he is effective at. Just the typical sign of a coach who won't adapt his offense to the skills of the players he has.

maybe he should get better at unblocked wide receiver screens

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Nah, they’re probably at a similar level. Inconsistent with some impressive highs and irritating lows, except Baker turns it over less and is more willing to truck fools. Plus Baker brings good vibes

Fields's teammates appreciate him

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Nervous posted:

Game Leaders
Passing Yards
D. Carr
OAK
D. Carr
40-59, 513 YDS, 4 TD

Mega64 posted:

That box score really hosed me up at first wondering why the game even went to OT but yeah, those penalties...holy poo poo.

Fun game though! That entire season was a crazy roller coaster until Carr's leg got broken on literally the only sack that Donald Penn gave up all year long. For all of Carr's faults and bad/mediocre games, at least I'll have that 2016 regular season.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

DariusLikewise posted:

Trade Justin Fields to the Los Angeles Rams

I’m a Seattle fan and that is my concern. A package like the rams 2nd and 3rd might be enough for Fields. McVay is one of the few coaches I think can help salvage Fields. And Fields has so much talent that could be unlocked. I do not want a decade of McVay and Fields making the nfc west even harder to win.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I would never have expected the take that Fields and Baker are at a similar level. Perhaps I have not watched enough of both qbs.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Carr has played better in the past for much longer stretches than Fields has ever achieved. I'll buy that Fields has a much higher ceiling, but the floor is also the basement.

The saints already have the exemplar of high ceiling rock bottom floor talent on the roster.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Best Raiders moment of the last 30~ years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2msmYpNXic

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

fartknocker posted:

Best Raiders moment of the last 30~ years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2msmYpNXic

:lmao: I've never seen this. drat thing is even flying down the field with the coverage unit!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hahaha i forgot the commentary.

“He’s got great technique, he’s the contain guy!”
They’re so genuinely happy watching him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m a Seattle fan and that is my concern. A package like the rams 2nd and 3rd might be enough for Fields. McVay is one of the few coaches I think can help salvage Fields. And Fields has so much talent that could be unlocked. I do not want a decade of McVay and Fields making the nfc west even harder to win.

can the Kyle Shanahan offense make use of a running QB? none of his coaching tree have had one afair and not all coaches know how to use those guys, they all seem to use pocket QBs who can do a bootleg or rollout if they need to. I never thought about it before

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

indigi posted:

can the Kyle Shanahan offense make use of a running QB? none of his coaching tree have had one afair and not all coaches know how to use those guys, they all seem to use pocket QBs who can do a bootleg or rollout if they need to. I never thought about it before

I'm just an outside observer but I feel like a dude like McVay would love to try something new. The guy seems like a massive x's and o's nerd and would probably have a blast designing concepts and plays around a guy as mobile as Fields. He's had pocket passers his whole career so... who knows?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Field sucks but he's been in a lovely situation pretty much forever coaching wise.

He's probably going to be a good back up for the next 10 years but I wouldn't want him starting.

My teams hosed anyway but still.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

indigi posted:

Kyle had one for a game and a half and it wasn’t lookin good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

justin fields is going to be an insanely good quarterback if he ever gets on a competent team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

justin fields is going to be an insanely good quarterback if he ever gets on a competent team

actually insanely good quarterbacks elevate their team. Stroud had every excuse to be lousy this season but, being insanely good, he has lifted them to competency