Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I do find it fascinating how useful rb screens can be and how awful wr screens tend to be, at the nfl level. Yet some coaches just refuse to let it go.

If you can't throw it downfield, there's very few plays that can open up the middle of the field at all for the running game, and screens are it basically. You need those to slow down the safeties and linebackers by at least a step, even if they're going to be wasted plays most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

This is it. It's like how Shanahan will call a loser run up the middle 5 times in a game just to set up the screen that goes 50 yards.

The Ravens passing game is at its best attacking the middle of the field and they need to manufacture space somehow to get it moving smoothly.

As bad as WR screens are, they're at least better then Jet sweep motions.

My god do I hate a bad jet sweep motion

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Watching this footwork Bryce is about 2/3rds of the way to a Mac Jones

https://twitter.com/WinksTape/status/1729193757168574909

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anderson Koopa posted:

I managed to get the Bills into the playoffs. I was trying to get the Patriots in, but didn't have any luck :sicko:. The Patriots are essentially eliminated.

I found a way.

Set to defensive rank wins, change Patriots > Chiefs and Jaguars > Titans in week 17 will get the Pats in as the 7th seed

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/factor/defrank/results/401547608~1~401547652~2~401547645~1~401547235~1

and if you set the Browns to lose out as well you can knock them out for the Texans and keep the Pats in, wooo).

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 27, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anderson Koopa posted:

Thank you for that, so you're saying that there is a chance.

I sure hope not.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mega64 posted:

So basically they blow out bad teams but struggle against good teams.

They really are the AFC Cowboys, just without the rings.

Bills results by MoV

34 Football Team
28 Raiders
28 Dolphins
26 Jets
6 Buccaneers
5 Giants
-2 Broncos
-3 Eagles
-4 Patriots
-5 Jaguars
-6 Bengals
-6 Jets

Top 3 were weeks 2-4, so really outside of pantsing the Jets, which big whoop, they've been a bad team since October started.

Meanwhile the Cowboys:

40 Giants
35 Football Team
32 Giants
35 Patriots
23 Rams
23 Panthers
20 Jets
3 Chargers
-5 Eagles
-12 Cardinals
-32 49ers

Wheras the Cowboys just butcher bad teams or get their lunch taken by the 49ers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

trilljester posted:

Didn't watch MNF tonight. Was it as bad as the final score?

It was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's probably better then Carr at this point, or at least has potential.

Carr is not what you want. He's efficient at not moving the ball, bad guy to have or to watch.