Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

You can beat the sin out of Santa's elves. They don't even feel pain.

should I feel bad for loling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

trees belong outside not inside otherwise you are making a mockery of the tree.

I've been saying it for years, leave the godammed trees outside. They deserve their dignity.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

People need to be more disturbed about Santa. Some eternal, omniscient monster who can teleport and see into the hearts of all people, and runs slave factories in the dark cold.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

i heard online that there's a gay black trans santa now, it's got me really upset

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
I live in a house with a chimney and I'm terrified that jolly old gently caress is going to break and enter and eat all my cookies.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

les enfants Terrific! posted:

I live in a house with a chimney and I'm terrified that jolly old gently caress is going to break and enter and eat all my cookies.

Two words: Booby Traps

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

redshirt posted:

Two words: Booby Traps

that's how you guard against intrusions by the Wet Bandits, Santa is a whole different kettle of fish

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Every year after Christmas the ER keeps getting clogged up with little brats who got copper pellets jammed in their eye sockets. It’s a strain on our nation’s struggling hospitals.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hammerite posted:

that's how you guard against intrusions by the Wet Bandits, Santa is a whole different kettle of fish

Oh, I know. Sophisticated booby traps. Time dilation fields, sonic blasts, ice spray, etc...

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
IoT gizmo engineers sitting on conference calls during Christmas day figuring out how to spin up more servers so kids don't have load times when they create a useless account for a toy that didn't need to connect to the internet in the first place

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Szyznyk posted:

The racial tensions between the coquito drinkers and the crema drinkers.

Coquito supremacy

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

come to think of it, I also don't care for the recent "elf on the shelf" campaign that tried to install a point-eared narc for "Saint" Nick in every household. any elves I find on my shelves are being plied with food and weed, given advice about their rights as workers, and being taught how to organize. That psychological warfare bullshit cuts both ways, Kringle. Happy Holidays~ :angel:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Murdstone posted:

No one puts effort into their White Elephant gift.

This. Why did I bother going to three different thrift stores and finding a vintage Snausages dog treat container that says “SNAUSAGES” when you open the lid and it still worked and it’s loving hilarious, when all you did was stop at a grocery store on the way to the party and get some lovely boring movie on blu ray?

A friend of my wife hosts one of these every year and it gets more and more lame. One year I ended up with a stupid funko pop figure of a character from some show I had never heard of. When no one was looking I stuck it behind the frame of a picture on her wall and I’m almost positive it’s still there.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

In the Northeastern United States the sun rises at 7:00 AM and peaces out at 4:30 PM.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Anderson Koopa posted:

In the Northeastern United States the sun rises at 7:00 AM and peaces out at 4:30 PM.

On 12/21 it will be around a 15:53 sunset here.

Fuckin' Christmas bastards stealing our Sun!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The number of radio stations that switched over to Christmas music the moment Thanksgiving ended is annoying.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So, planning a long term project of defeating Santa:

First, I'll need to invent a bunch of new tech. Maybe in a montage.

Second, get married, and have 3 kids. Get a nice house in the burbs. Do all the normal stuff. Bring up the kids worshiping Santa.

Then, around when the oldest is 10 and the youngest 4 or so, I make my move, having perfected the time dilation field necessary to trap Santa as he comes down the chimney.
At least for a few moments. Hard to fully test. That's why the sonic blasters automatically engage, to disorient him and prevent him from breaking the field.
Then a hard spray of super cold fluid which freezes around the time dilation field, further slowing him.

In the few moments I have, I activate the automated machine gun turret from Aliens (Directors Cut) to pulverize the field with hot lead.

Then we wait and see...

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

can't say marry Christmas anymore without getting canceled

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Obviously, since Santa is at some level telepathic, or has tech that allows him to appear so, I'll have to forget this plan as I am spending years in the lab working on new technologies for GlobalCorp, going home to the suburbs at night to have dinner with the family. When Chrismastime is near, I tell all the kids to be good, or else.....

This will also require new technology, selective memory suppression and then reactivation.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I'd have no issues at all if you only had to hear about Christmas for like two weeks. But instead, it's now two months. By the time you get to the actual day it's already long past the point of overkill.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Santa, I am just joking about this on a web forum by the way.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Not sure how this thread exists as I have it on good authority that we aren't even allowed to say Christmas anymore

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the craft store was out of straw for my manger

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
A large man will break into my home and he’s not even hot. What’s the point?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

As we get closer to perfecting the TDF, I feel this powerful urge to build ever more elaborate Christmas displays. Crazy light shows that blind the neighbors and pressure them into responding, multiple trees (disguised autogun turrets), whole house spiced up and lit, Christmas stuff everywhere. The kids love it. Start celebrating right after taking down the massive Halloween displays.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm out of places to hide that stupid Elf

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Meanwhile, deep down an abandoned mine, within a carefully constructed lead cube, vibrating with electromagnetism, a video is recorded:

Hello, future me. If you're watching this, we did it! Or something went wrong. Or you're the authorities. FU by the way if so.
We had to wipe our mind of this plan until after we activated it. There was no other way to ensure he wouldn't find out.
We've been operating in this hidden base for years because it seems clear now he cannot perceive us down here.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I think it's fun

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

car commercials. all commercials. if youre an ad watch out bitch, im coming for you.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

car commercials. all commercials. if youre an ad watch out bitch, im coming for you.

Oh it's that time of the year when I bought us both 70K+ GMC vehicles!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
gayby jesus

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CHRISTMAS music and commercials and all this artificial poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Xmas 2089, our first conclusive proof of subspace travel. 3 years of repeated signals corresponding with the instant flash arrival of wrapped presents.

Our subspace detector works, gentleman.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Family chooses to live a thousand miles away and gets upset I don't feel like going through the airports with millions of people again.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

emSparkly posted:

A large man will break into my home and he’s not even hot. What’s the point?

body-shaming Santa

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I'm bad at buying gifts, it stresses me the gently caress out.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I heard at some schools instead of marry Christmas they have to say happy Ramadan and crap in cat litter boxes

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
being sleepy I get angry when I need a nap

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I'm Jewish. I'm not really angry, just...feel invisible sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Join my team. Great benefits.