Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Good part of christmas: Spending time with mom and dad. Good food, a comfy new pair of pajamas (a family tradition. you get pj's on christmas eve to wear on christmas morning). A fine breakfast of the most christmas-y of foods... Lox and bagels, and blintzes. (my dad's jewish, but we just celebrate christmas as a family holiday rather than a religious one). huge rear end standing rib roast on christmas eve.

Bad part of christmas: My sister's kid is a loving howler monkey on crack. he's hyperactive, has absolutely zero impulse control, and runs around screaming and generally acting like a psychopathic little poo poo, CONSTANTLY. there's never a quiet moment anymore. he absolutely loving ruins any enjoyment i have spending time with the family. He ruined my thanksgiving too :sigh: Oh good, yes please touch all the dinner rolls with the hand you just stuffed in your mouth. mom: "why aren't you eating"
me: "....Lost my appetite."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

trees belong outside not inside otherwise you are making a mockery of the tree.

Trees are worth worshipping!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's Santa Clause not DJ Santa M.C.:argh:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I’m not big on those cinnamon pine cone things they put out at the store they’re kinda gross

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Toxic Mental posted:

i heard online that there's a gay black trans santa now, it's got me really upset

gently caress yeah, Sualc Atnas rules!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm not angry at Christmas, but I am disappointed in it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
*gingerly placing a jar to the side

Thanks grandpa but I said I wanted I a PS5

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

sugar free jazz posted:

I’m not big on those cinnamon pine cone things they put out at the store they’re kinda gross

these too. they reek and the stink permeates every corner of the store and lingers in your nose. it's like a pack of feral elves are loose and marking their territory

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

SatansOnion posted:

these too. they reek and the stink permeates every corner of the store and lingers in your nose. it's like a pack of feral elves are loose and marking their territory

At all my stores they put those out for Halloween so the stank begins in September

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The bad music is following me around town I don't want to hear the jingles or reasons to be merry

I JUST WANT WINTER WITH NO VHRISTMAS!!!!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

last christmas is an evergreen jam tho

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Roleplaying Dad posted:

I'm Jewish. I'm not really angry, just...feel invisible sometimes.

I have a great joke about Chinese food and the movies that I bet you’ve never heard before.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Toxic Mental posted:

The lyrics don't make any sense. "The very next day, you gave it away" that's a terrible gift. "Happy December 26th, here's some other person's heart." They can tell you are regifting that.

Yes I know it's a metaphor. I'm saying it's a bad metaphor. If I fall in love with Carla, while Alice is in love with me, I'm not giving Alice's heart to Carla, it's nothing like that, that metaphor makes no sense

"This year... I'll give it to someone special" ya think? "Hey you're nobody special, have my heart" that's a bad gift in the first place no wonder they didn't keep it.

My Christmas pet peeve is those "keep Christ in christmas" bumper stickers. You either get to force Christmas on everyone in the country regardless of religion, or insist Christmas is a religious observance of the birth of Christ, you don't get to do both

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

you completely misunderstood the lyrics lol

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I love Christmas! It’s a fun time to spend with my family and loved ones. (:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Trying to schedule extended family Christmas parties around everyone's schedule and the people with the fewest attachments insist on doing it during the holiday weekend itself as a power play. Mother fuckers every other person at this gathering has 3-4+ other family events to juggle with people that they're closer to and would rather do the extended family the weekend before like we used to. But no, we have to feel sorry for the toxic assholes who have nothing else going on Christmas weekend because they've driven away everyone else in their lives, and oh no grandpa is too old to come out to more than one gathering so we can't just do a separate thing.

Toxic Mental posted:

it's worse than the wonderful christmastime song and that's saying something

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i got real weird hosed up fetishes and christmas got me all horned up (but it’s not why u think) and it gets tiresome after a while

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Polyucle Christmas is tough on scheduling

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

They always talk about Santa Claus coming, and yet he never gives me a reacharound

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

guess it’s time to go hang out in the rejected parents thread with the other low contact/no contact losers. all staring in through the windows of better topics little match girl style while i talk histrionic dorks out of writing big chunky texts they’re gonna regret later :mad:

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
My mom gets drunk and she becomes ugly and please can we just not I get it you wanted to have an christmas for when i was little but i hate it now and dread the whole thing

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

No symbolic relationship to skeletons like what's the point

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Polyucle Christmas is tough on scheduling

Just get them all over at the same time and be the drunk uncle of the polycule. Problem solved.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Szyznyk posted:

I have a great joke about Chinese food and the movies that I bet you’ve never heard before.

This poo poo makes me so mad :sassargh:

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

my sister's favorite christmas movie. Quite possibly the most uncomfortable the rest of my family has been in a long time. She likes the movie "holiday Inn" (and yes, the large hotel chain is named after the movie. ) A "charming" little movie/musical from 1942 starring Fred Astaire, Ginger rogers and Bing Crosby. It starts out harmless enough. some pratfalls, a few musical numbers, pretty generic holiday stuff. until you get to the scene where fred astaire DANCES IN loving BLACKFACE and does a minstrel show style musical number. the whole family was like "uhhhh...." now don't get me wrong, my sister, and the rest of my family, are not even slightly racist. my parents are about as accepting of people as you can find. I know my sister isn't all about that part of the movie, obviously, and really the rest of the movie is fine, if a little bland for my tastes. but the rest of the movie really doesn't make up for that scene existing.

Also Die hard is the best Christmas movie, and I won't hear otherwise

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Year 4 of positive confirmation of quantum field movement in the instant before the presents arrive.

Multiple sites with passive detectors, he doesn't know they are there.

With this information, we can begin to calculate an algorithm to predict his quantum arrival.

And with that info, a hope of trapping him....

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

redshirt posted:

Year 4 of positive confirmation of quantum field movement in the instant before the presents arrive.

Multiple sites with passive detectors, he doesn't know they are there.

With this information, we can begin to calculate an algorithm to predict his quantum arrival.

And with that info, a hope of trapping him....

You must then find a way to trap santa in a box, with a geiger counter and a vial of radium :science:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Aishlinn posted:

You must then find a way to trap santa in a box, with a geiger counter and a vial of radium :science:

That's what the Time Dilation Field project is really all about. Join us, we're always looking for new scientists and researchers.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

We have too many Christmas decorations and not enough space for all of them :(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
becaues I love all I want for christmas is you and think it should play all year long and it doesnt and I think that's horrible

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Some dipshit will explain to me that Die Hard is a Christmas movie even though I don’t care and I didn’t ask.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The candy canes are always too old

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I was specifically told not to get my nephew "the really big lego set" because his parents think he has too many lego already.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Milo and POTUS posted:

becaues I love all I want for christmas is you and think it should play all year long and it doesnt and I think that's horrible

Mariah walked so Beyonce could run and I love her for it every day.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

A Fancy Hat posted:

I was specifically told not to get my nephew "the really big lego set" because his parents think he has too many lego already.

you know what to do :getin:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
No mamaw I don't want any of that damned mincemeat pie

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I have trouble finishing a whole candy cane before I get bored of the flavor.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

redshirt posted:

On 12/21 it will be around a 15:53 sunset here.

Fuckin' Christmas bastards stealing our Sun!

It's funny in Lima Peru, because it is along the equator, the longest day is 13 hours of daylight. The shortest day is 11 hours of daylight. That must be nice.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Christmas is traumatic as gently caress for me because of how bad my parents were at it so I'm mad at it every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

satanic splash-back posted:

I have trouble finishing a whole candy cane before I get bored of the flavor.

They’re not for enjoying they are for stabbing.