Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

Christmas reminds me of all that I am not, that I don't have, that I tell myself "I don't want", but is that true?

Only you can answer, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Look at it more as you don't need, dumping your unwitting spawn into a climate nightmare isn't exactly awesome

e gently caress I can't type

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 22, 2023

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
But the other side might win!!!!!! They don't even have Christmas to get angry at, they've got so many advantages.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Christmas leads to anger, and anger leads to hate. And hate, leads to suffering. Christmas is ....good?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

goatface posted:

Only you can answer, friend.

I am so old does it matter anymore that the answer is yes? That I've lied to myself for decades, denying myself this most basic thing because of some.... alternative thought?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

When Xmas is over, I'm looking forward to being angry about New Year's Eve.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Santa elves aren't sexy, elves are supposed to be sexy this is worse than what they did to the green m&m

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
I'm personally 3 percent less angry about christmas right now because Sam of Look Mum No Computer is playing dodgy christmas midi files on his organ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZUYTrFl98

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

*adds 1 to each of those numbers on the wall*

*giggles*

christmas still ANGR THO

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Simply
Having
A furious Christmastime

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

frumpykvetchbot posted:

I'm personally 3 percent less angry about christmas right now because Sam of Look Mum No Computer is playing dodgy christmas midi files on his organ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZUYTrFl98

Wow, that thing sounds great

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Okay, I'm tired of that chord progression after the 58th loop through it.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
rewind the stream a bit, occasionally it plays in tune

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Simply, having, a wonderful Christmas time...

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The amount of chocolate i plan to eat terrifies me

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm furious that the war on christmas has yet again failed to achieve its ultimate goal

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Put me in charge of this war on Christmas and we will be feasting at the North Pole in a fortnight!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
In the War on Christmas, Christmas won. :santahurr:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
You can't simply take a flight to visit your family because you won't make your connection because your first plane is delayed because the airspace is unsafe because Elon decided to launch a rocket today. :doh:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Today's launch is by Firefly Aerospace... they don't seem to be affiliated with Elon Musk in any way.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Xmas is great. I don't have kids, I have minimal family duties and the giant city I live in is empty. I hang out with my wife and dog for three weeks and cook a lot of elaborate meals. Not having children is key to enjoying Xmas.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Torquemada posted:

Not having children is key to enjoying Xmas.

Facts. My In-Laws are so pissed at me and my SIL for not giving them grandkids for Christmas they said we killed the spirit of the holiday because there's no one for Santa to bring presents to. They even cancelled last minute one year. It was so chill and drama/airport free that now none of us go to their house even though they've offered to uncancel lol.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Facts. My In-Laws are so pissed at me and my SIL for not giving them grandkids for Christmas they said we killed the spirit of the holiday because there's no one for Santa to bring presents to. They even cancelled last minute one year. It was so chill and drama/airport free that now none of us go to their house even though they've offered to uncancel lol.

this is a good christmas story

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Growing up, I hated Christmas because my birthday is 4 days after it. So celebrating my birthday was almost entirely overlooked because everyone had spent their energy/resources on Christmas that they had empty tanks (so to speak) for me.

Now that I'm old(er) and everyone (including me) is poor, I don't give a poo poo about Christmas nor my birthday.

I just want to wake up and not have my back/knees/hands hurt for the first hour of my day.

And I'd like to take a nap later.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I like Christmas fine but hate spending it alone.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

No. 6 posted:

I like Christmas fine but hate spending it alone.

chinese bars

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
oh i'm STEAMED! i'm just so STEAMED about CHRISTMAS over here!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Junk posted:

oh i'm STEAMED! i'm just so STEAMED about CHRISTMAS over here!

whats the deal with those airline candycanes

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The farm shop where I buy my weekly fruit and vegetables was much busier than usual. It was a slight inconvenience for me and stressful for the owner but she probably does pretty well out of the day. Probably shouldn't be posting in this thread cos I'm not angry, just its usually very quiet on a Saturday morning and it's a peaceful way to buy my stuff and have a chat.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

it's a peaceful way to buy my stuff and have a chat.

This makes me so angry! :argh:

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Can’t we have a perfect Christmas JUST ONCE

idk wtf a perfect Christmas entails, the goalposts kind of do this shifting movement and makes the situation a little gaslighty for my tastes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Worf posted:

chinese bars

DITTY MAO!!!

*points to head

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Wife has covid and I'm stuck at the in-laws.

[Blows party horn]

Merry loving Christmas.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Guess what? I love Christmas

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Just L O L if your childhood holiday memories are not colored by the recollections of the adults in your life acting like giant vindictive toddlers who use gifts as a means of compliance, control, and punishment. Good times.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Buck Turgidson posted:

Guess what? I love Christmas

That's a ban

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Thora posted:

Just L O L if your childhood holiday memories are not colored by the recollections of the adults in your life acting like giant vindictive toddlers who use gifts as a means of compliance, control, and punishment. Good times.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
every where i go, mariah carey just wont leave me alone

move on mary baby, we're different people now, those high notes arent gonna cut it for me

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I’m still trying to figure out if my 11 year old still believes in Santa or if the older girls at school or on her cheer team have told her and she’s just keeping kayfabe to keep her mom happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Szyznyk posted:

I’m still trying to figure out if my 11 year old still believes in Santa or if the older girls at school or on her cheer team have told her and she’s just keeping kayfabe to keep her mom happy.

LOL it's like a Mexican standoff..... who will blink first?