Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

snack soul posted:

i took home the very nice espresso machine and grinder from the office back in 2020. not looking forward to giving it back next year but i had a good run

just dont give it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i got an espresso machine from work because instead of just giving us full bonus last few years they did some annual gift reward thing but backdated the amount of our first reward to how long we'd been working there so my first reward was like 6 years of annual gift budget....so i got the espresso machine. i would have rather had the cash but it's still nice to have an espresso machine

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I have questions about the nazi lighting rune, but besides that, shouldn't you be drinking decaff if you don't want to be awake?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Big fan of coffee

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
I like this time of year because I make up a cup of coffee in a go cup with a little bit of st Brendan’s mixed in

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
in seattle washington imo it makes more sense to make your own drip and have someone make the espresso for you. so i do that. cosign the aeropress but really dont overthink brew method, grinding your own beans is the part that matters

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the fellow grinder and kettle are hustlegrindcore but they work pretty good for my pourovers

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

I have questions about the nazi lighting rune, but besides that, shouldn't you be drinking decaff if you don't want to be awake?

caffeine? so you can stay up all night burning american flags and looting target with your pal Antifa?

e: lol

they gave somewhat normal replies up until a couple years ago. wonder if something happened

snack soul has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Nov 25, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ohtori Akio posted:

but really dont overthink brew method, grinding your own beans is the part that matters
the brew method comes down to how much volume you want and then how much quality. i'm a guy who likes a 16oz thermos of coffee ready to go as fast as possible so i can hit the road and sip it during commute over the next 30 minutes. so tiny cups don't do it for me because i like drinking liquids constantly. french press also works for same reason because if im in a hurry I can just grab the french press to go and fill up my thermos in the car later

but some people are once-and-done types so maybe they need a different method

but yea home drip, buy espresso is my approach

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

as far as roasters go, I like ritual and chromatic in the bay, temple and chocolate fish in sac.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I used to be fine with whatever I got out of the coffee urn at the gas station but we were given an espresso machine as a wedding present and it has turned me into a fancy pants little bitch. NEVER drink a good coffee

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
Cold brew > hot coffee

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

Cold brew > hot coffee

if youre retarded

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Ohtori Akio posted:

if youre retarded

if??

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Hell Gem

Ohtori Akio posted:

if youre retarded
Ok you've had too many cups today. Please be less aggro

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

snack soul posted:

home for the holidays, so just had a cup of maxwell house brewed to perfection by mr. coffee

mkultra activation sentence for Epstein thread readers

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

What happens when someone in my house asks me for a "cold brew coffee"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Ok you've had too many cups today. Please be less aggro

zero cups today. im speaking truth to power

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Hell Gem

Ohtori Akio posted:

zero cups today. im speaking truth to power
Zero cups?? GTFO poser

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Zero cups?? GTFO poser

stupid bitch

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cold brew > hot coffee
get the gently caress outta here bitch

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

“can i offer you some coffee?”
“sure, could you soak the beans for 12 hours?”
:blastu:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I used to be fine with whatever I got out of the coffee urn at the gas station but we were given an espresso machine as a wedding present and it has turned me into a fancy pants little bitch. NEVER drink a good coffee
I'm closer to the coffee snob tier but i'm also poor and also extremely lazy, so i end up not caring that much but I do have standards. I absolutely cannot stand k-cups. even worse are those lovely GreenMountainHouse k-cup knockoffs they give you at a hotel, nor can i stand nestle instacoffee or whatever. that stuff is genuinely vile. i dislike that hotels have gotten rid of small Mr. Coffee drip machines in favor of k-cup-style non-sense

gas station coffee is ok if it's actually brewed on-site relatively fresh in at least those giant insulated drip-coffee containers. ideally they'd have the dinner-style drip machines. i'm usually making enough at home in a big zojirushi thermos that I don't need to go out of my way to buy some from a gas station

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
zojirushi ftw

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQk_pWmisA

holiday season. thinking about the folgers incest commercial again

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol if you aren't drinking espresso and nitro cold brews entirely

Sorry but pour over is absolutely diner level shite

Especially the people who warm the carousel for hours and go back to said carousel for more cups

Like what psycho would do that

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Lol if you aren't drinking espresso and nitro cold brews entirely

Sorry but pour over is absolutely diner level shite

Especially the people who warm the carousel for hours and go back to said carousel for more cups

Like what psycho would do that

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

yep

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

do moka pots work ok

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

do moka pots work ok

yeah theyre fine. a little finicky to get temperatures right and not boil the coffee but its not rocket science. espresso is a strict upgrade though

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

moka pot coffee is awful. i have one and it only serves as decoration

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

if you want strong non-espresso coffee just get an aeropress

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

lumpentroll posted:

do moka pots work ok

not my first choice of tool as its a bit too fiddly when i'm groggy and tired in the morning, but its ok. i prefer cowboy coffee at that point

it's more like something you'd make in the evening after a dinner imo when you're already alert/awake.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Stimulants often do not have the intended effect on someone with ADHD. If you love drinking big pots of black coffee and taking a nap afterwards its probably extremely normal and unrelated to the first sentence.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nix Panicus posted:

Stimulants often do not have the intended effect on someone with ADHD. If you love drinking big pots of black coffee and taking a nap afterwards its probably extremely normal and unrelated to the first sentence.

hmmm

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Nix Panicus posted:

well poo poo, i'm hosed. looks like i gotta go get some ritalin or something

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
I know an IRL mad scientist who makes vapor extracted coffee concentrates at truly absurd levels but most of the time I stick to pu-erh

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

been using my moccamaster for 20 years and it still makes a good filter. put on a pot in the morning and pour it in the thermos. easy

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bastard Tetris posted:

I know an IRL mad scientist who makes vapor extracted coffee concentrates at truly absurd levels but most of the time I stick to pu-erh

I would like to subscribe to the journal this person publishes in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Someone mentioned Costco coffee earlier and yeah we’ve gotten good mileage out of the light roast beans from Ethiopia that they sell. We just looked for light roast whole beans and that was the only one. For some reason people love dark roast even though the flavor sucks and it has less caffeine.

Since I’m super lazy we used to make a big pot of cold brew with the Toddy, and then pour that into an empty wine bottle, using vacuum stoppers to seal it. Lately I’ve been doing the aeropress even though it is more work it lets me procrastinate longer. And it’s a decent little morning ritual.

I’m not sure how strong my coffee is I just jam the little manual grinder full of beans and add a tsp of raw sugar and two pinches of salt and then fill the rest of the glass with whole milk which probably isn’t popular around here but it is delicious so whatever!

I also try to take a couple days off a week so that I don’t become completely dependent.