Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I would like to subscribe to the journal this person publishes in

pretty sure its just FYAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
espresso is nice and the moka pot makes a satisfying noise. don't feel like i ever get any energy or zip from it tho. feel like i'm missing out. i got caffeine response envy

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sludge time ftw

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

ArmedZombie posted:

sludge time ftw

perkele

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Ohtori Akio posted:

zojirushi ftw

gesundheit

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Ah Sunday morning, a perfect time for coffee and posting about how much slave labour bothers me

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

12 pours a slave

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Ah Sunday morning, a perfect time for coffee and posting about how much slave labour bothers me
i'll still keep drinking that garbage

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Lol if you aren't drinking espresso and nitro cold brews entirely

Sorry but pour over is absolutely diner level shite

Especially the people who warm the carousel for hours and go back to said carousel for more cups

Like what psycho would do that

I drink coffee I make at home. its normal coffee with normal things in it like liquor.

cold brew is for hipster losers

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Coffee is good

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

lumpentroll posted:

do moka pots work ok

high skill floor and ceiling

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
best coffees are the thick coffees. by that i mean either brewed right into some condensed milk (e.g. vietnamese) or with really fine grounds in them (turkish/greek)

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

coffee good, slavery bad.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cold brew + Nitro is great.

It's like a big espresso with wonderful flavor profiles. Especially the guy that works near the warehouse he does a specific method with a far darker roast used which ends up lightning in the nitro process. Making a nice even keel roast with a Guinness style consistency.

Anyway coffee overall is excellent when created in the right way, especially with a certain group profiles being able to be utilized under controlled methods like Graham weighing out grinding consistency being constant so every time you pull a shot you end up getting a consistent result and then you can experiment with different factors in your testing to find your preferred roast type and style. Then you can move on to doing things like mocha sauce which is a wonderful little experience

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I like it when the children who pick the coffee beans get paid a living wage and can buy a nice house where their families can live :)

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Cold brew + Nitro is great.

It's like a big espresso with wonderful flavor profiles. Especially the guy that works near the warehouse he does a specific method with a far darker roast used which ends up lightning in the nitro process. Making a nice even keel roast with a Guinness style consistency.

Anyway coffee overall is excellent when created in the right way, especially with a certain group profiles being able to be utilized under controlled methods like Graham weighing out grinding consistency being constant so every time you pull a shot you end up getting a consistent result and then you can experiment with different factors in your testing to find your preferred roast type and style. Then you can move on to doing things like mocha sauce which is a wonderful little experience

didn't read

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
finishing up the brew on my pourover. i just use the caffe vita stuff costco sells these days lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

sent a request to the goonfund to fund a Club Panera membership. unlimited coffee ftw.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i like coffee

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
more of a tea guy

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
"low t" is when you haven't had your morning cuppa

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hot drinks ftw generally tho

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

drinking bone broth like Prester Jane taught me

speng31b
May 8, 2010

woke operator posted:

hot drinks ftw generally tho

speng31b posted:

Hot water ftw

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Drinkin' some coffee right now, it's pretty good

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
pour over rules, as it is the optimal ratio of "hard to gently caress up" to "best taste" with the benefit of low waste + not requiring any expensive equipment aside from a good grinder

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

John Charity Spring posted:

I once saw an advert for Douwe Egberts coffee that said something like "Helping developing nations since 1750"

i live like 10 minutes away from the douwe egberts roastery, and sometimes, when the wind's right, the whole neigborhood smells like coffee. still undrinkable tho

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Keurig full of Black Rifle Coffee Company pods

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I need to look get a cold brewer. My main problem with coffee in the morning is that I'm too lazy / don't want to wake up earlier.

Our coffee maker is a stove top percolator, which is easy to clean and you never need to buy filters, but it takes a long time.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PhilippAchtel posted:

I need to look get a cold brewer. My main problem with coffee in the morning is that I'm too lazy / don't want to wake up earlier.

Our coffee maker is a stove top percolator, which is easy to clean and you never need to buy filters, but it takes a long time.

i recommend the clever dripper or french press if you're lazy but still capable of turning on a water kettle. i put in the filter+grinds the night before so it's just a comatose sleep walk to the kettle in the morning with groggy crusty eyes mashing the power button for the water and then pouring it a minute later

or just get a programmable Miele (ftw) drip machine and set it the night before. i had one but it was too big for my apt. it was pretty good though for drip

also death to cold brew no ty. coffee must be hot or else i will personally get you like krampus

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I actually love our little percolator, but yeah, I need to get something else for work mornings.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I don't work out of spite for america and I use my spare time to set up two French presses at a time then I get wired and start spinning around going nuts

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

TehSaurus posted:

Someone mentioned Costco coffee earlier and yeah weve gotten good mileage out of the light roast beans from Ethiopia that they sell. We just looked for light roast whole beans and that was the only one. For some reason people love dark roast even though the flavor sucks and it has less caffeine.

Since Im super lazy we used to make a big pot of cold brew with the Toddy, and then pour that into an empty wine bottle, using vacuum stoppers to seal it. Lately Ive been doing the aeropress even though it is more work it lets me procrastinate longer. And its a decent little morning ritual.

Im not sure how strong my coffee is I just jam the little manual grinder full of beans and add a tsp of raw sugar and two pinches of salt and then fill the rest of the glass with whole milk which probably isnt popular around here but it is delicious so whatever!

I also try to take a couple days off a week so that I dont become completely dependent.

Darker means better coffee makes things dark thus more coffee

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
I've switched to unsweetened hot cocoa, sometimes with a splash of coffee. It's pretty bitter, but the neurochemical effects are way better than coffee if you are a little high strung. which probably isn't the case for any cspam posters. cocoa doesn't really rate better than coffee on the slavery factor though

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Xaris posted:

i recommend the clever dripper or french press if you're lazy but still capable of turning on a water kettle. i put in the filter+grinds the night before so it's just a comatose sleep walk to the kettle in the morning with groggy crusty eyes mashing the power button for the water and then pouring it a minute later

or just get a programmable Miele (ftw) drip machine and set it the night before. i had one but it was too big for my apt. it was pretty good though for drip

also death to cold brew no ty. coffee must be hot or else i will personally get you like krampus

cleverdripper is neat and good but breaks if you use it a lot

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

nice obelisk idiot posted:

I've switched to unsweetened hot cocoa, sometimes with a splash of coffee. It's pretty bitter, but the neurochemical effects are way better than coffee if you are a little high strung. which probably isn't the case for any cspam posters. cocoa doesn't really rate better than coffee on the slavery factor though

take l-theanine and the negative effects of coffee will be instantly countered

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

500 bad dogs posted:

take l-theanine and the negative effects of coffee will be instantly countered

yeah that shits bomb I got a huge bottle thats lasted me forever and takes the edge off every time. good for my morning 2x espresso.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Zodium posted:

cleverdripper is neat and good but breaks if you use it a lot
ehhh, I replaced mine but because i dropped it and the plastic standoff nub things that keep it from activating broke. i epoxied it back on but it didn't last so i did replace it. purely a user problem and not a design problem.

so i dunno I use mine daily and haven't had any non-skill issue faults

i've broken far more french presses in my life.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

moka expert here. out of coffee. went with black tea x2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

shot of espresso + - a blinker and im ready to face the world