Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
drat thats loving crazy. iv ebeen drinking out of a french press exclusively for years smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I love coffee

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

smoobles posted:

I love coffee

oh yeah? guess what i love

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

oh yeah? guess what i love

sucking dick?

edit: oh whoops just checked what thread I'm in. I'm gonna guess COFFEE

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

sorry, smoobles, the answer was making GBS threads.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

sorry, smoobles, the answer was making GBS threads.

This.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
used my company card today to buy some donuts for the office, and I also got a coffee for myself and drank it because I know my boss is going to just approve the expense and not even look at it

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
had a coffee. and a movement

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

before ive had my coffee:

the rage is relentless

we need a movement w the quickness

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

my extended family are all a million years old and have been drinking exclusively unfiltered moka pot espresso and coffee bar espresso for their entire lives

if you have a healthy lifestyle and your doctor says your cholesterol is good, don’t drive yourself nuts finding the ideal coffee method. it’s just coffee, you’ll be fine

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
but what happens when you have an incredible cup of coffee and go crazy trying to do it again

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

a primate posted:

my extended family are all a million years old and have been drinking exclusively unfiltered moka pot espresso and coffee bar espresso for their entire lives

if you have a healthy lifestyle and your doctor says your cholesterol is good, don’t drive yourself nuts finding the ideal coffee method. it’s just coffee, you’ll be fine

yeah like I was saying no reason to toss yr press. I kept mine and I love using it. I do struggle with cholesterol so I’m a little more mindful of it but if yr numbers are good and yr downing 3 cups of unfiltered joe a day don’t worry about it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mags posted:

a study of coffee methods has unfiltered coffee linked to heart disease. the idea is that filters remove a few compounds that bump your cholesterol so unfiltered can mess with those numbers iirc

i love unfiltered coffee though so i kept mine and just use it less often

Oh no better filter out all the FLAVOR so I can live to experience dying of four different types of cancer at 85

Apr 3, 2024
starbucks employee has the balls the spray me and clean the tables after refusing to give me the product i purchased

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

040224 posted:

starbucks employee has the balls the spray me and clean the tables after refusing to give me the product i purchased

spray is stored in the balls

mags
May 30, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Oh no better filter out all the FLAVOR so I can live to experience dying of four different types of cancer at 85

hmm thats a weird line of thought

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

can’t decide if i want free coffee from work, or free coffee at home (stole the coffee from work)

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

NYT: The Case Against ‘Good’ Coffee

tl;dr a man switches to instant because of his awful, disgusting children

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
instant coffee tastes and smells like popcorn, it's truly terrible

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Had some hotel Keurig coffee this weekend and I have to say, better than Starbucks :shrug:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Zedhe Khoja posted:

instant coffee tastes and smells like popcorn, it's truly terrible

starbucks instant is surprisingly good, if you don't mind the genocide

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Bro Dad posted:

NYT: The Case Against ‘Good’ Coffee

tl;dr a man switches to instant because of his awful, disgusting children

archive link for the lazy

https://archive.is/XGNqG

quote:

Instant coffee reminded me why I started on coffee as a college student. I didn’t bring coffee into my life because I especially liked the taste of it, or appreciated the distinction between different roasting methods or bean types. I was aware — mostly from the examples of classmates and the movies — that it could magically reconfigure my energies, creating pockets of alertness where they otherwise might not have existed. Life, then, felt like an adventure I could arrange as I saw fit, and coffee was a tool that helped me do that. Once, coffee kept me awake so I could pick up a love interest at the airport at midnight. In my car, I felt like the hero of a fantasy story, slipping beneath the surface of the sleeping world to find another realm underneath, one where people were still in motion, still working and playing and chasing after what they wanted long after polite society had gone to sleep. Afterward, we went to a diner we liked; it was the same as always but felt completely new. All the familiar details — the grilled cheese, the mustard — were little notes stitched into a broader symphony of wonder and surprise.

*taps the glass of the retard chamber*

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

cleaned my coffee pot today (not a euphemism). the intake for the pump was clogged! not anymore, though. that bitch is going to be making an entire god damned pot of coffee tomorrow!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
took a big poo poo today

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Does anyone have a stovetop milk steamer? Is it worthwhile/do you actually use it?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

no

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Live a little, lumpie. Get yourself a pumpkin spice, yr worth it

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Vim Fuego posted:

Does anyone have a stovetop milk steamer? Is it worthwhile/do you actually use it?

Countertop rather than stove top but I have this in the pastel green and it does the trick perfectly

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

drinking instant coffee

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ4-5942oaM

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

aw frig aw dang it posted:

drinking instant coffee

according to the new York times, you should now have the energy to astrally project yourself into a parallel world of sleepless phantoms, so that your corporeal form can get laid

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Karach posted:

according to the new York times, you should now have the energy to astrally project yourself into a parallel world of sleepless phantoms, so that your corporeal form can get laid

gently caress. finally

mags
May 30, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

took a big poo poo today

hell yeag

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

slept like poo poo

time for some mud

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

instant coffee tastes kinda burnt in a way that I sometimes like. I heard Japanese instant coffee is the best but it’s like $20 on Amazon so I think I’ll just stick to normal rather than sinking to ever lower depths of caffeinated depravity

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

brewed a lidl store brand pot on the moccamaster and having a cup

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Had a Starbucks blonde roast ice coffee. Black.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

a primate posted:

instant coffee tastes kinda burnt in a way that I sometimes like. I heard Japanese instant coffee is the best but it’s like $20 on Amazon so I think I’ll just stick to normal rather than sinking to ever lower depths of caffeinated depravity

this is a level of depravity I am willing to sink to. I spent $20 on some German organic instant coffee (Mt Hagen) and while it's clean tasting there's not much else going on.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dokapon Findom posted:

Countertop rather than stove top but I have this in the pastel green and it does the trick perfectly

Thanks! Also "smeg milk" eww lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

my_custom_username posted:

Had a Starbucks blonde roast ice coffee. Black.

the blonde is pretty good