Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

is a moccamaster worth the price? is the coffee that much better than my $50 cuisinart drip or is it overhyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

tazjin posted:

They're good but if you wanna spend money to improve coffee quality the first thing to do is get a decent grinder.

yeah i'm eyeing the baratza encore, seems to be the consensus upgrade pick

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

The baratza encore is a great grinder for regular coffee. You'll want something better if you ever decide to get into espresso, but it's great for everything right up until that point. It's well worth picking up a refurb if you can find one.

yea i’m not too interested in espresso so it seems fine

Mr. Sharps posted:

no, spend the money on a good grinder, good beans, and a pour over setup (or clever dripper if you don’t wanna babysit the entire brew)

my partner and i drink about 10 cups of coffee a day (the moccamaster size) so it’d be convenient to just make that much. we have a chemex we use sometimes but it’s not an every day thing

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

tazjin posted:

can't tell you about brands because we have different ones, but the important thing is to get a burr grinder and not a blade "grinder". before pouring your beans into a blade grinder you might as well p our them in the trash, it has the same effect

yeah i pulled the trigger on the encore and now realize i've been grinding my coffee wrong for years

coffee much better now though

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

coughy

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Smythe posted:

drank black coffee exclusively for many yeas and still drink a lot of it but when i discoererd how delicious Oatly TM Vanilla oak milk was... wow

take it to the creamer thread

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

sippin on some MUD

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Dokapon Findom posted:

Wiping is the worst part of making GBS threads.

convert to the bidet brotha

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Dokapon Findom posted:

Personally I regard the bidet as a geographical curiosity, it's not how we do it in God's own country

as funkadelic said —— free your mind and your rear end will follow

just had some room temp leftover mud, sometimes that's the best cup of the day

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

slept like poo poo

time for some mud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

5 pond bag of beans arrived, that's wassup