Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

smarxist posted:

i don't like the taste of coffee, but sometimes i wonder if that's because i've never had a "good one"

i do like the smell though, and i also kinda like the social mythos and aura around coffee consumption, it has as many vagaries as something like wine for instance, but isn't as obnoxious, more blue collar

someone coffeepill me, what is a type of coffee and preparation that a novice may enjoy? i'm willing to take pains to make it well, and drink it relatively pure (never quite understood people who pour a 1/3rd cup off coffee and then dump a pint of heavy cream and sugar in, just get a milkshake man)

Watch Hoffman on YouTube. Sure he's a British posh coffee guy no loving doubt however the man is serious about coffee and mong good coffee

Try espresso, try cappuccinos, get yourself the ability to make coffee with good tools. Slurp you coffee don't just sip it. Get the aeration of the coffee and you will find peace in its subtleties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol if you aren't drinking espresso and nitro cold brews entirely

Sorry but pour over is absolutely diner level shite

Especially the people who warm the carousel for hours and go back to said carousel for more cups

Like what psycho would do that

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cold brew + Nitro is great.

It's like a big espresso with wonderful flavor profiles. Especially the guy that works near the warehouse he does a specific method with a far darker roast used which ends up lightning in the nitro process. Making a nice even keel roast with a Guinness style consistency.

Anyway coffee overall is excellent when created in the right way, especially with a certain group profiles being able to be utilized under controlled methods like Graham weighing out grinding consistency being constant so every time you pull a shot you end up getting a consistent result and then you can experiment with different factors in your testing to find your preferred roast type and style. Then you can move on to doing things like mocha sauce which is a wonderful little experience

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Percolate 🤢🤢🤢 poo poo comes out burned no matter what

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

When I traveled to Costa Rica they showed me methods of brewing coffee with women's stockings

It was good covgeg