Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
im drinking slave coffee right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

smarxist posted:

i don't like the taste of coffee, but sometimes i wonder if that's because i've never had a "good one"

i do like the smell though, and i also kinda like the social mythos and aura around coffee consumption, it has as many vagaries as something like wine for instance, but isn't as obnoxious, more blue collar

someone coffeepill me, what is a type of coffee and preparation that a novice may enjoy? i'm willing to take pains to make it well, and drink it relatively pure (never quite understood people who pour a 1/3rd cup off coffee and then dump a pint of heavy cream and sugar in, just get a milkshake man)

bad coffee and good coffee aren't too far off. you've probably had a good one.

light roast cold brewed stuff is going to have the least types of tastes you probably dislike. imo if you dont like coffee just eat caffeine pills or drink tea or something

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

lumpentroll posted:

do moka pots work ok

high skill floor and ceiling

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
best coffees are the thick coffees. by that i mean either brewed right into some condensed milk (e.g. vietnamese) or with really fine grounds in them (turkish/greek)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Fell Mood posted:

I used to drink 5 or 6 cups a day of beautiful delicious coffee. Now I'm an old man with tachycardia and high blood pressure and I have to stop.

lol ain't coffee's fault

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

eSports Chaebol posted:

the best liqueur to add to a latte or cappuccino is Tuaca. this is just an objective fact. you don’t need Bailey’s (there’s already dairy) you don’t need kahlua (there’s already coffee). brandy is the base liquor which complements coffee and Tuaca is brand-based. citrus and vanilla are both excellent flavors if you want to sweeten and boozen your coffee

something is wrong with you

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

eSports Chaebol posted:

mine was better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYeaukbFEAI

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
if you dont drink night coffee get the gently caress out of the thread

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
and if you drink decaf....

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Smythe posted:

getting a cringe fail coffee at school. vanilla latte lol. so stupid. but I like it sometimes

you drink a lot of night coffee, smythe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Vox Nihili posted:

wife picked up a tasty sounding fruit