Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

coffee kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al! posted:

just make a big pot of hot water and drink instant coffee all day

no

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

been using my moccamaster for 20 years and it still makes a good filter. put on a pot in the morning and pour it in the thermos. easy

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Xaris posted:

i recommend the clever dripper or french press if you're lazy but still capable of turning on a water kettle. i put in the filter+grinds the night before so it's just a comatose sleep walk to the kettle in the morning with groggy crusty eyes mashing the power button for the water and then pouring it a minute later

or just get a programmable Miele (ftw) drip machine and set it the night before. i had one but it was too big for my apt. it was pretty good though for drip

also death to cold brew no ty. coffee must be hot or else i will personally get you like krampus

cleverdripper is neat and good but breaks if you use it a lot

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

building a rube goldberg machine to extract caffeine from child slaves ftw

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Lpzie posted:

can we please talk about how freshly grounded coffee smells like a just open can of dog food and fresh coffee smells like dog poo poo?

you should speak to a neurologist about that. we can't help you.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

good morning ☕

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Fell Mood posted:

Did you know that after decades of drinking a pot or two a day, that quitting caffeine cold turkey can cause hospitalization or death?

just don't stop drinking coffee. idiot.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

good morning. just made a pot of coffee. :coffeepal:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

Yup. It's all snowy outside so I'm rocking the robe while I have my coffee and a smoke. Extremely epic feeling

robes ftw

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Bailey's is on sale and I like to have Bailey's in my coffee on Christmas morning

wife does this. she calls it boffee, and it smells vile.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

wife bought some oat creamer that's surprisingly good and doesn't taste like I poured old oatmeal milk on my coffee. win

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

forgot to buy coffee filters :(

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

drank a whole pot of coffee today.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

have had enough coffee for today

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

me too

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

my partner and i drink about 10 cups of coffee a day (the moccamaster size) so it’d be convenient to just make that much. we have a chemex we use sometimes but it’s not an every day thing

my moccamaster doesn't make coffee particularly better than my cleverdripper, but it's convenient as hell in terms of just brewing a pot in the morning and ease of maintenance. been using mine a good 20 years.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

coffee is so freakin win

this

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

coffee

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

coffee time

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

making some afternoon coffee

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

coffeefe

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

having a coffee

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

made an evening cup after cleaning the moccamaster. tastes divine

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

collecting some data now

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

it's time

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

smoobles posted:

there's too much anger in the coffee thread, you folks need to have a cup of coffe IMO

very well

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

palindrome posted:

I'm on a futile quest for a coffee making device for someone who is afraid of

- hot water touching plastic
- aluminum nut which is often found in the heating carafe
- annoying chemex brewing

At this point I'm thinkin just get a mokamaster and say it's good enough. it says right on the website nothing bad can happen from brewing on plastic, you are going to die someday regardless.

I would buy them the stainless steel, copper tube, glass basket drip coffee machine if it existed, but nobody wants to appeal to this extremely fringe market. Not even Italians (?)

moccamaster is win

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

time for a cup

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

cup time

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

having an evening cup

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

didn't get much sleep last night. coffee time

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lumpentroll posted:

drink less tea and more coffee imo

doing this

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

brewed a lidl store brand pot on the moccamaster and having a cup

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lumpentroll posted:

dunno about this

i was really surprised that it's actually fine. didn't believe it until i tried.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lumpentroll posted:

seems like a trick

it'll mutate your coffee into a potion that turns you finnish

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

having an evening cuppa, just before 8pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

about to drink the first cup of the day. weather is not so good but may sit on the balcony anyway.