Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Someone mentioned Costco coffee earlier and yeah we’ve gotten good mileage out of the light roast beans from Ethiopia that they sell. We just looked for light roast whole beans and that was the only one. For some reason people love dark roast even though the flavor sucks and it has less caffeine.

Since I’m super lazy we used to make a big pot of cold brew with the Toddy, and then pour that into an empty wine bottle, using vacuum stoppers to seal it. Lately I’ve been doing the aeropress even though it is more work it lets me procrastinate longer. And it’s a decent little morning ritual.

I’m not sure how strong my coffee is I just jam the little manual grinder full of beans and add a tsp of raw sugar and two pinches of salt and then fill the rest of the glass with whole milk which probably isn’t popular around here but it is delicious so whatever!

I also try to take a couple days off a week so that I don’t become completely dependent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

coffee good, slavery bad.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

having a coffee right now. slavery is bad but this sure is delicious

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I bet they saved a bunch of money though. Your share of the savings will show up in your pay any day now!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I really like the aeropress. Probably more microplastics than when I do cold brew but whatever.

I have a few ways of making coffee but no drip machine. Maybe I need to buy more stuff.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

lying awake, waiting for my alarm to go off so I can get up and covfefe

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

who needs skill when you can be mentally ill instead?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I had coffee this morning and it has all been downhill from there

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

having a coffee and some overnight oats right now. gonna be a good day

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

wish it was already tomorrow so I could be drinking coffee instead of wishing for sleep

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i put a lot of milk in my coffee and nothing else. its good. having one rn

4oz espresso 10 ounces whole milk 2 pinches salt one tsp sugar. Just finished and now I’m ready to go rage about idiot management all day!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

same. self-employed

might be more cathartic if you had a job. alternatively think about giving your self some mental health benefits

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

coffee still pretty good

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

it’s coffee isn’t it?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I especially like the Kirkland beans from Ethiopia. You can really taste the oppression.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

My absolute favorite beans have all been light roast. dark roast is newbie bait

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Coffee time in this house. Tastes like slavery and competence.

As an aside, why won’t an iPhone keyboard swipe “slavery”? Too much of it in Apple’s supply chains maybe?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

coffeh

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Karach posted:

Are some people only weekday coffee drinkers?

yup

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Zodium posted:

coffee time

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

it’s that time again (coffee time)

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I haven’t been sleeping right lately so I’m going to try toning down the coffee a bit. i think my grinder holds about three ounces of beans and I usually pack it full so I guess I’m going to try… less? Seems to go against thread wisdom which is more more more

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Karach posted:

Use a scale, TehSaurus

man that feels like some effort but you might be on to something

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

oh dang that is pretty sweet. I don’t have a weed scale but I do have a food scale which I’m sure would work just fine. I’m sure I can just put the grinder on the before i tare it

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

Is there something preventing you from measuring the coffee before putting it in the grinder? I'm sure you can find a small bowl or something to put on the food scale.

I could, but I use a small manual grinder that I now know weighs like 350 grams so it’s easier to just put it on the scale directly. sorry for being tedious!

anyway measured out 15 grams for a white americano and it’s good!

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

my old coffee preservation approach was silly.

-grind up 16 oz of beans
-make a giant batch of cold brew
-pour into wine bottles
-use vacuum wine seals
-store in refrigerator

Great combination of cost and effectiveness, but too much effort making the cold brew

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Karach posted:

you might be ahead of the curve there, since the goon approach is apparently just storing folgers in an old lunchables container that still kinda reseals, kept next to the bleach and dish soap

fair. now I just pour the beans into an oxo container and call it good. it’s pretty far from the bleach, at least

I feel like there’s something here connecting back to exploiting the global south and honoring the sacrifice that went into these goods but I’m petty sure that’s just a lmao because cybernetic capital comes for us all in the end

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

owns

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Would u kill a homeless person for a cup of coffee?

I bet the thread has quite a body count if you are including the deaths used to subsidize our delicious but affordable coffee. I will of course continue drinking these blood beans

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

pretty sure at this point the meta is to get cancer before the good times end

speaking of which this aeropress tastes amazing

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

and people say capitalism is bad. look at that market efficiency!

Drinking some coffee rn. Tastes like indigenous suffering. Delicious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

luv2shit posted:

coffee thread has really slowed down. think it could use some coffee

sorry I shifted my attention to managed democracy for a bit. had done good coffee today though. could be time for a nap soon