Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

- Wheels: Kastivich included four Sparco Dakar 18x8.5 +32 (I think but need to confirm) wheels with the Cayenne. I plan to mount snow tires on these. I need to buy at least one more for a spare

They are! https://shop.eurowise.com/products/ewordakarbk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

WHEEL WOES:

Sparco discontinued the Dakar wheel. Eurowise doesn't have any in stock. Eurowise also doesn't have any OZ Rally Raid wheels, which have the same width and offset. I've reached out to them for alternatives. Another possibility is to get my hands on a fifth Alutec Grip wheel and simply swap my summer tires with Blizzaks (I'm like 95% sure I want to go for them over Hakkapeliittas). I can't find a vendor for Alutec wheels either, but I'll see if my tire shop can recommend somebody.

Kastivich, did you buy the Alutec wheels as well? They're 18x8 +52, correct? Where did you get them from?

Yeah, that's right. I got them from Tire Rack. Seems like those are still in stock.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Probably not worth a two hour round trip, but you are welcome to borrow my trailer.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

Kastivich, I don't blame you. This is probably the same idiot that put in the drat backup camera or the ridiculous head unit.

Edit: one of those sockets with a bunch of spring-loaded pins might get this out if I treat it as a single use tool.

Yeah, wow. This one wasn't my doing. I wonder if they got it out and put it back in like that or just gave up after hacking it into shape.