Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
This picture popped up on my FB feed and I thought of you. Apparently, there exists a very rare factory spare tire mount:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Motronic posted:

Yes, but it doesn't fit "Transsyberia spec" i.e. 265/65-18s tires because of the design, only stock. I was looking for one until I realized that. It's not clear to me what the use case for that option actually was. Not sure how big the crossover of "running stock size tires" and can't "limp home on the foldable spare" actually is. It has to be vanishingly small.

Ah, that makes sense, and the design is kinda dumb in that it limits the size of tire.

I'm suspecting the use case is for the looks rather than purpose. Or maybe so there's an answer to those customers who balk at the no-full-size-spare.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
This is awesome!

I'm particularly thrilled by the middle manager mobiles being kitted out with knobby tires, giant lights and permanently mounted tow points.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
How's the wife's gallbladder?