Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

Hi folks.

Many of you probably have no idea who I am but I'm Josh (Colorfinger) Jones. I used to do a bit of stuff for the front page (Flash Tub) and various other things back in ye olde days of SA, and I also used to play a lot of piano in GBS in ye slightly less olde days. For the last four years, I've been working on a book, called Intermission, which is a story about a man waking up in his apartment, only to discover that he is dead. He rapidly becomes embroiled in a struggle between various factions in an afterlife city, and has to figure out how to navigate the mess. It's a mix of dystopian speculative sci-fi ideas, and I'm pretty proud of how book 1 has come out.

Unfortunately so far, the book has been live on Amazon for a few days, and one person has rated it 2 stars after (based on my dashboard) reading 4 pages on Kindle. Which isn't great. Please take a look if you feel so inclined. I hope you enjoy it. And if you don't, that's okay too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CNYKHVX5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I remember your front page stuff fondly. I'll definitely be checking this out!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I looked at the Amazon page.
This sentence from the end of the blurb is kind of odd

quote:

Meanwhile trouble stirs nearby, as a family even more powerful than even the city’s guardians seek to [...]
especially since said guardians aren't even established in the rest of that little paragraph.

I wish you best of luck, but I don't think this story is for me. I'm just not into afterlife stories.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

cant cook creole bream posted:

I looked at the Amazon page.
This sentence from the end of the blurb is kind of odd

especially since said guardians aren't even established in the rest of that little paragraph.

I wish you best of luck, but I don't think this story is for me. I'm just not into afterlife stories.

Thanks for taking a look!

I've actually had similar feedback from a couple of people. I am going to be replacing the cover and the copy on the back soon so that it better represents the story.

ectoplasm
Apr 13, 2012

MaDMaN posted:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Awesome cover, friend. Doesn't sound like my.kind of book but I wish you good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS
Is there a way to buy this outside of Amazon?