Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ray J. Johnson
Ray, J., Johnny, Sonny, Junie, Junior, Ray J., RJ, RJJ Jr.

But NEVER Johnson.

Also, just finding this out for the first time... his real name is Bill Saluga.

I genuinely thought Raymond Johnson was his real name and he built a bit around that, not that it was a 100% invented character/name. :negative:

I was five years old and had a low-budget VHS about dinosaurs and the host was Ray J Johnson and he did his whole schtick for some reason.

That's how I learned about Ray J J.

Edit: The first and only time in history z-lister Ray Johnson gets a page snipe, and ityool 2024 no less. No regrets.

Eclipse12 has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Jan 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Wilhelmina Josephina
Willie Jo
One-Eyed Willie
Jo
Baby Jo
Baby of the World
Uggies
Uggie Jo
Jooooooooo
Jo Nuggins
Jo Nugs

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

maybeadracula posted:

God has way too many names

Just pick one, dude

Let's see

Yahweh, YHWH, Allah, God, Jah, Adonai, Theos, Gosh, HaShem, Kyrios, Rahim, Ar-Raḥmaan, Elohim, Rabb, Lemmy, Al-Quddus, Raffi, Shaddai, Abba, Aravat, Satnam, Waheguru, Jagdish, Sahib, Golly, Khuda etc. etc.

See also:
Jesus of Nazareth AKA Jesus H. Christ AKA INRI AKA Light of the World AKA Jeezy Creezy AKA Son of Man AKA Jeepers Cripes AKA Lamb of God AKA Jason Crisp AKA King of Kings etc.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Arthur Morgan, aka Tacitus Kilgore, Leviticus Cornwall, Fenton, Arthur Callahan, Black Lung, and Coughing Bill.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Fenton
FENTON
FENTOOON
Jesus Christ
Oh, Jesus Christ
FEEENTOOOOON
Benton

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Fenton
FENTON
FENTOOON
Jesus Christ
Oh, Jesus Christ
FEEENTOOOOON
Benton

Oh Christ!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

wankel13b posted:

Brian Peter George St John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno

Panchito Romero Miguel Junipero Francisco Quintero Gonzales

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Aragorn II son of Arathorn II
Estel
Chieftain of the Dúnedain
Heir of Elendil
Isildur's Heir
Thorongil
Strider
Dúnadan
Longshanks
Elessar
Wingfoot
Envinyatar
Founder of House Telcontar
King of the Reunited Kingdom of Gondor and Arnor

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Thank you, Wikipedia, for having a full list of Edward Gorey's pseudonyms:

Ogdred Weary
Mrs. Regera Dowdy
Eduard Blutig
Raddory Gewe
Dogear Wryde
E. G. Deadworry
Edward Pig
Wardore Edgy
Madame Groeda Weyrd
Dewda Yorger
Garrod Weedy

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
I occasionally listen the Ralph Garman's "The Ralph Report" on long drives, and every time he introduces his co-host I feel like I'm missing out on half a dozen in-jokes.

"He's the Rear Admiral himself, the Sheriff of Ghost Town, the Mayor of Myrtle Beach, the Victim of Vandalism, the Dilf Pickle, he's Nipsey Muscle. He's Eddie Pence."

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Aragorn II son of Arathorn II
Estel
Chieftain of the Dúnedain
Heir of Elendil
Isildur's Heir
Thorongil
Strider
Dúnadan
Longshanks
Elessar
Wingfoot
Envinyatar
Founder of House Telcontar
King of the Reunited Kingdom of Gondor and Arnor

Gandalf
Mithrandir
Olórin
Incánus
Tharkûn
Greyhame
Stormcrow
The White Rider
Láthspell

Bilbo Baggins
Child of the Kindly West
Elf-friend
Bilbo the Magnificent
Clue-finder
Web-cutter
Stinging fly
Friend of bears
Guest of eagles
Ringwinner
Luckwearer
Barrel-rider

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Artanis
Nerwen
Alatáriel
Lady of Lórien
Lady of Light
Lady of the Wood
Lady of the Galadhrim
Galadriel

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

wankel13b posted:

Brian Peter George St John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

Sweet Jesus it's the fabled Mardi Gras Cat-bird!
Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr.

AKA Snoop Dogg AKA Snoop Doggy Dogg AKA Snoop Lion AKA Bigg Snoop Dogg AKA Dogg Father AKA Snoop Rock AKA DJ Snoopadelic AKA Snoopzilla AKA FaZe Snoop

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

By popular demand posted:

I was always fond of Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.

Why don't we ever talk about Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-schplenden-schlitter-crasscrenbon-fried-digger-dingle-dangle-dongle-dungle-burstein-von-knacker-thrasher-apple-banger-horowitz-ticolensic-grander-knotty-spelltinkle-grandlich-grumblemeyer-spelterwasser-kurstlich-himbleeisen-bahnwagen-gutenabend-bitte-ein-nürnburger-bratwustle-gerspurten-mitzweimache-luber-hundsfut-gumberaber-shönendanker-kalbsfleisch-mittler-aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm more often?

Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonaa no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veaKOM1HYAw

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Vaudeville rivals wrestling for name changes.

For example: Nathaniel Birnbaum wanted more than anything to be in vaudeville, but by his own admission, until he met his second wife he never really had a good act, so every time his act bombed he had to change his name so he wouldn't be associated with the bomb. In addition, some acts in vaudeville were better known for their names than their performers, and when the members of an act changed they'd still keep the original names to not have to build up an audience again, and so in his autobiographies he claimed he performed as:

Willy Delight
Captain Betts of Captain Betts And His Amazing Seal
Buddy Links
Smiling Frankie Davis
Jackson in “Jackson and Malone"
Harris in “Harris and Dunlop"
Jose in “Jose and Dolores" (His then wife was Hermosa Jose nee Hannah Seigel)
and first Brown and then Williams of “Brown and Williams.”

He was performing as Burns in "Burns and Lorraine" when in 1923 he met a singer/dancer from "The Four Colleens" who was looking for a new stage partner, and he wrote their first skit together. Together they formed an act using her real name - Gracie Allen - and the first stage name he had and which he kept returning to - George Burns.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Bill Door
William Door
good old Bill
Billy Door... no, not Billy

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

True Anon Host Brace Belden

"Bad Boy" Brace Belden
PissPigGranddad
PissPigGrandma
President Chaos
Mr.Boils
Racial Jake
Mr. Fireworks
The Gourmand
Coindexter
The Dark Cowboy
The Special Ed Agent
Bubonic Brace

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Chuck Taylor, aka Dustin Lee Howard, did a storyline in CHIKARA where he lost the rights to his name. He subsequently wrestled as:

Scoot Tatum
Rick Beanbag
Bugg Nevans
Stewie Scrivens
"Hard Wood" Rich Mahogany
Slim Perkins
Trent Baretta
"This Is" Howie Dewitt
Touch Phillips
Karate Durling

Before eventually settling on DUSTIN.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Lumbermouth posted:

Chuck Taylor, aka Dustin Lee Howard, did a storyline in CHIKARA where he lost the rights to his name. He subsequently wrestled as:

Scoot Tatum
Rick Beanbag
Bugg Nevans
Stewie Scrivens
"Hard Wood" Rich Mahogany
Slim Perkins
Trent Baretta
"This Is" Howie Dewitt
Touch Phillips
Karate Durling

Before eventually settling on DUSTIN.

There's a ten minute bit he did on Art of Wrestling where it's just him looking up dumb wrestling names and their associated gimmicks he came up with. He's insanely creative.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
it's a painful memory for me but someone needs to do a full list for desus nice and the kid mero for this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Felix Stallings, Jr. AKA Aphrohead AKA Aphropitch AKA Thee Cat in Da Hat AKA Thee Dawnsmen AKA Electrikboy AKA FDH... AKA Thee Housecat Experience AKA Thee Jamie Starr Scenario AKA Thee Liasons Scenario AKA Live IV Life AKA Thee Maddkatt Chronicles AKA Thee Maddkatt Courtship AKA Rocketmann ! AKA Sharkimaxx AKA Timewalkers 1 AKA Venus AKA Wizdom AKA Yesterday Dreamers AKA Felix da Housecat

bolded my favorite