Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Sweet gently caress, the tories are such cunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Jedit posted:

General observation, or is there a specific reason this time?

It's more of a general, cumulative thing, but prompted by seeing something about Sunak claiming they'd exceed climate spending - only by changing how it's calculated to avoid missing a target.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

You people with sleep issues, have you tried CBD? If you have and it hasn't worked, have you tried taking more CBD? It stops me waking up at 3AM and my body thinking it's time to get up then. Over time I've built up a tolerance so I make my own oil now from isolate and MCT oil.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I would love to but it's £60 a bottle, unless you get it online in which case jesus christ do not buy medicines from online.

This is why I get isolate from online and make my own. I was paying near £80 for 0.25g/ml, now paying £20 for 0.5g/ml. There are lab test results on the product page for the isolate from this place: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9rieux_NutriSciences

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Rappaport posted:

there's no one to root for

Not even The Disgusting Brothers?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

The Kingdom would have been a lot better had it not been so transparently based on Darkplace.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

But I just looked and Darkplace was around 10 years AFTER The Kingdom. (I'm talking about the Danish series/film 1994ish not a more recent offering)

It was a joke because the Darkplace show-within-a-show purports to be from the 80s but is quite transparently based on The Kingdom.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Also had NHS Fentanyl on that day.

Was that directly related to the colonoscopy? If so, what the gently caress, I've been shortchanged. All I got was a tiny bit of midazolam and the worst pain I've ever experienced.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Tories.png

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

domhal posted:

but it would be nice if once in a while someone asked a simple blunt question instead using the question as a mini-speech.

I don't think it would, because direct questions don't get answers - it happens all the time in interviews. Direct, repeated, rephrased questions all get dodged.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Words ha conain he eers L, G, B, T, or Q are woke.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I had to do it a long time ago. The landlord came round and did the inventory after leaving, said everything was fine, all good. Then when it came to deposit return they said that there were problems, after having said everything was fine. I disputed it with the scheme and said this, eventually landlord submitted no evidence and I got the deposit back - though it did take months.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

My friend's sister is in a restaurant in Horsforth and Keith is there. I would have to say something to him if I saw him.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

DreddyMatt posted:

Didn't watch. Was it funny?

I didn't watch but I read a summary and I don't find it funny, I feel really sorry for her. She is so hard done by. Poor lady.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Guavanaut posted:

:scotland: version makes the most sense, it is wider

Misread the MacLeod as manchego and got so excited and the prospect of a manchego black pudding.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

In terms of TV appearances, aside from my adult appearance as a Jeremy Kyle audience member booing someone, I also had an amazing acting role as a child. In a perfect example of "wouldn't happen today", my aunt worked on a BBC disability rights programme called From The Edge and they needed some extras for a piece on discrimination. My starring role was that of a child wedding guest - my job was to sneer and laugh at a disabled man in a wheelchair. The man in the wheelchair was the director, who was not disabled, putting on his best impression of someone with special needs.

I once went in that Waitrose and saw the height of Cheshire twattery in a nearby unit - what would normally be called a "butty shop" described itself as a "purveyor of bespoke sandwiches".

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

We have some Shark cordless thing with "anti hair wrap" and two replaceable batteries. It manages to cope with us two long haired people and a constantly-shedding husky. I couldn't imagine using a cordless vac without replaceable batteries now.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

And a rmo- sghscrmbas vb' chriistibr to you too!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Mebh posted:

Yeah I'm well aware that it's live broadcasts only, but that doesn't stop the cunts basically flat out lying about it. I just had the 2 year renewal form come up again and it pisses me off every year how many dark patterns are used in the form to try to trick you into thinking you need one.

The enforcement lot are cunts and it is this stuff that convinced me not to have one when back when I should have. Those days are long gone, though, since broadcast TV is poo poo.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Not sure this is the smackdown he thinks it is.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

keep punching joe posted:

Back to square one? You mean like a do over?

People read his comment and think "gently caress, I didn't even realise that option was on the table!".

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Failed Imagineer posted:

How could you ever believe that they would deliver on any hypothetical Good Policy? In the time from you putting an X into the Labour box to the time they count the votes, Starmer will have already announced and then scrapped a dozen iron-clad pledges

They're a grown up party who have to make difficult decisions, though. Also whatever they promised they'd fund I'm sure they can find a way to do it with AI now and I'm sure it won't be a disaster.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm colourblind and its impact with reference to that gradient is that I don't know what the colours are, I don't need to know, and I'm happy to take people at their word.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I've used one of these for my whole adult life:

Simply because they do big stuff and fine stuff, and are handy for transferring whatever you've chopped.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

If this is true then I fully support her return to front bench politics.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Mebh posted:

I still don't understand why people comment publicly on ANYTHING under their real names.

It's all just utterly baffling.

Like, in a world without bad actors? Sure.

Some of us thrive in an environment of accountability.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I met a goon once. I don't know if it counts since he'd already been my brother for at least 20 years by that point.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Rookoo posted:

These have always been top tier for me

I am not big on crisps but if these are offered I will always have them. They're loving weird and I don't know why they're so good. I am always in the mood for them.

Angrymog posted:

The sandwich man who used to come to our office pre-pandemic had Levi Roots coconut curry flavour crisps and they were lush.

Sounds like the M&S katsu curry ones. I have no idea why they put coconut in it, can't say I've ever noticed it in katsu curry. The crisps were good though.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

serious gaylord posted:

If they banned Russia they should have banned Israel too.

That would be antisemitic though remember.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Failed Imagineer posted:

I guess if I'm going to post that poll a few days ago about Labours polling lead slipping, I should at least post the counterfactual update today

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1760660509039177941?t=HML9w-zEPCxIw2GjnO4sqg&s=19

Tories in their rightful place as the 4th largest party lol

There doesn't seem to be any explanation as to where that comes from. I looked on the Yougov site and nothing there matches those numbers. Are they just made up?

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/48724-voting-intention-con-20-lab-46-20-21-feb-2024

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Is it a secret tory sock puppet account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

serious gaylord posted:

Energy Price cap is falling in April. Looks like the rise in January was a brief blip and its continuing to trend down now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68353627

Thank you tories!

Delivering for working people.