Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
On the train to Manchester today for a work thing, feeling like a bit of a scab since the ASLEF stuff is starting from today.

Also completely not used to this commuting lark at all, it’s a bit of a novelty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Gorn Myson posted:

I haven't had these for ages (no place locally stocks them) but they are pleasantly lethal. I find almost any spicy snack thats available in the UK has a kick to it but not enough if you really enjoy that sensation, but these were definitely up there.

I find that it’s hard to judge from any kind of packaging whether something is actually spicy or not. Everything with a hint of a kick to it is advertised as CAUTION: THIS FLAVOUR IS AGAINST THE GENEVA CONVENTION skull-and-crossbones marketing shite, and it’s impossible to know whether they’re full of poo poo or if they’re actually going to kill me.

I like spice, but I’m not the kind of person who’ll happily eat chilis that were genetically engineered by sadists to push the boundaries of human pain, so trying something new is often a trial and error process filled with random bursts of disappointment and regret.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
I liked him during the Office, and tbh I agree with his “no topic is off limits for comedy” stance but the important distinction is that comedy still needs to punch up, or it’s just called bullying.

David Brent works imo because he’s the manager in control of a petty little kingdom and making him look like a oval office is punching up.