Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Can report that a sleep study is about as much fun as a kidney stone. I don't remember having a less comfortable night with about a mile of wire going from me to a box hooked to the bed. Seemed incredibly low tech. I also don't remember sleeping a wink, but the tech says I did for a bit. Hopefully long enough that they have some data to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That, also what giant pissbaby reported that post.

No loving kidding. Absolute bullshit probe.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Presents opened, house straightened up, and now waiting for some friends to come chill with us. So far so good! Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and peace love and understanding to all (except nazis)

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

also no-one on the team is going to have spent several years doing Obscure Video Game Studies
Well that's just a team selection failure. I can guarantee there are several people at each uni who are doing extremely in-depth studies of video games.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

How, in 2023, do you look at that at think that's just what we need?

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I’ll never get used to Americans saying happy new year before the big roll over, it feels like it’s bad luck. Anyway, now we’re all safely past twelve, lang may yer lums reek. Aa the best fir the new year!

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I mean they seem to work ok for sharks and whales.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Just Another Lurker posted:

:yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha:

Today is suddenly a bit nicer.

Turns out the person who said there were tapes later said she'd been making it up so the headline is kind of clickbaity.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

dadrips posted:

In good news for democracy lovers, millions of (old, right-wing) people who don't live here will soon be able to play a decisive role in how the country is governed!

I promise to use my restored vote for good, though. Jokes on me if they use it to send me a poll tax bill I suppose.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

I'm just making an observation. I've always been a "cheapest 2/3/4/5th hand bike you can get even if the brakes are dodgy" guy but I was quite shocked at the prices some of the cargo bikes command. If you're gonna spend £2-5k on a cargo bike to cart your kids around its probably better to spend it on a car that costs the same, is sealed against the environment and comes with actual safety features.
"Costs the same" is doing a lot of work here. Bikes in general don't have the same fuel, maintenance, storage, and insurance costs that even the cheapest car has (and even the cheapest new car is going to be a lot more than the cheapest new cargo bike).

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Revolution as a service when?

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

At this point even the dems are better, which is just incredible. I suppose Starmer et al take it as a mark of how far they've come.

A

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Starbucks posted:

My favourite ice cream is coffee (specifically from Joes Ice Cream) but I would say mint chocolate chip is nice, but overall I am fine with ice cream.

As for mobile phones I had one in secondary school and I am old, now it didn’t really have the stuff modern phones had but no phones in school is going to have quite a few repercussions.

How can children contact parents? In my day we had pay phones, with the analogue line switch off that even a thing anymore? And even if they did some would contact people on WhatsApp etc and they would also need to keep contact numbers etc.

There are a lot of things that mobile phones also replace like overpriced calculators and the ability to look stuff up.

I dunno, I think it’s a crap idea.

Everything I've heard from teachers post covid is that phones are a complete disaster for the kids' attention and keeping the classroom working together. I don't have a problem with banning them during classtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

You would think of all the public agencies the one that actually collects tax would be well funded and super efficient. But, of course, not in Grate Britane

If you properly fund your tax collection agency, it may occasionally inconvenience a rich person by asking them to pay their taxes, and we can't have that.