Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

you can hang one of those pine smell car fresheners on it for that eye searing pine scent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

100% of people of think, die

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

smellmycheese posted:

However the restaurant's own most recent breakdown of what the challenge includes fails to mention any salad.

landlord of another stripe doesn't want to pay out? quelle surprise

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

happyhippy posted:

I'm a vegan. This £50 challenge gonna be a piece of piss!

I don't think piss is vegan

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

please don't cumin my food thanks

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

otherwise normal, functional family units can fall apart as soon as theres money to be had from an estate to settle. Cash sums like that suddenly being within grasping distance make people go nuts

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Diet Crack posted:

an unseen level of incompetence

lol

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Ms Adequate posted:

Oh and Succession always looked really boring to me, also why is everyone talking about it the last day or two, I've seen more conversation about it than when it was airing

an angry red faced old guy yells 'gently caress!' a lot. you have now watched succession

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Kin posted:

We've currently got a £10k a year nursery cost that's going to go up to £20k from next summer (that's including the childcare support, and assuming it doesn't go up again).

When £2k comes out of your pocket every month for just one thing, things start to feel a bit worrisome.

2 kids also under 4 and both in childcare, but only 3 days a week for the low low monthly cost of

childcare is utterly hosed

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Sad Panda posted:

As someone without kids - what? How does childcare cost north of £2,000 and how can people afford it? Is this because you're classed as rich so get no support? Is it some super fancy place?

a combination of factors. Post brexit skills drain of early years carers reducing availability of supply is the principal one, even with the drop in birth rates it's tough to get a spot. it's not unusual to have parents registering a baby (even pre-birth) for nursery spaces only to have the child age out of the group by the time they get assigned a spot.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Guavanaut posted:

persons of Finnish descent

isn't that just called 'landing'

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Farage rides the wave of popularity off the back of eating eyelids and anuses in the jungle and becomes PM somehow

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

i vaguely remember she crowdfunded all that money for a leadership bid, and then went off the radar for a bit before resurfacing as if nothing had happened but now with a nice new extension on her house

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

ive got stephen fry's voice reading Mr Bears Christmas burned by repetition into my brain

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I moved not so long ago and while checking out my next MP found this nugget:

quote:

[Mike Freer] read accountancy and business law at the University of Stirling but did not graduate with a degree.

Freer worked for a number of fast-food chains, including Pizzaland, Pizza Hut and KFC, prior to a management career in the financial sector. Freer worked for Barclays Bank as an "Area Performance Manager".

quite the suspiciously meteoric career change trajectory

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

uhh 2021???

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the general election

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

he said before he was going to step back iirc? he's like 70 so no surprise tbh

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

woke archaeology lol, loving kill me now

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1734961174968422689

just lol

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

my front door also opens into the lightness shadow realm

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

quote:

The government is considering further action despite bringing in the Online Safety Act, which requires social media platforms to shield children from harmful content or face fines of up to 10% of a company’s global revenue.

lol ok sure, good luck with that

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

phwoar

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

crispix posted:

everything they do is based on the belief that british voters are thick as pig poo poo, op

we are, op

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

depending on how much over 50k you are, you can just up your pre-tax private pension contributions until your gross paid salary is at or just below 50k. bing bong

if you're way over 50k then wtf just pay for childcare

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Wonder why they didn't want a ceasefire when it was 'only' thousands and thousands of Palestinians being slaughtered? But now they do.

because now the houthis scaring everyone away from sailing through bab-el-mandab is costing people money

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

retroactively applying the hannibal directive

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I am sick to my rear end of hearing about demands for common sense, its always the same puce dickheads with frictionless spheres for brains saying it

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

can't wait for the frothing daily mail letters when Barry Jones, Nuneaton has to wait a bit longer for his aliexpress phone charger

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Pizzaballa :discourse:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tesseraction posted:

Primate and Patriarch

a king kong type character

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

smellmycheese posted:

I regularly just burst into laughter at the INSANE price of basic food items these days.

you can already pay for takeout deliveries in installments, only a matter of time until tescos start offering Clearpay for your bread and eggs

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Skull Servant posted:

Greggs' vegan sausage roll. Very little taste

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

maybe it's you that reeks op, try showering sometime

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

bessantj posted:

One of the examples that the YouTuber used was a trans woman breaking the leg of a cis woman during rugby training, when he said that I had to give up on the video. I had payed rugby, in various forms, for nearly 20 years I've seen people break bones during training, I've gotten a bad injury in training. It felt like a very disingenuous thing to bring up.

its (allegedly) about perceived unfair advantage, although nobody ever gave a hot gay gently caress that michael phelps was racking up the golds with more cheat code advantages than anyone. Including but not limited to having a body that was observed to produce only half as much lactic acid as any peer athletes, massively reducing fatigue and recovery times in comparison.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tesseraction posted:

Did someone mention music and then DooM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcEVvIwpel0

will they continue now that fightstar are doing things again

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

quality street is nestle, 1 hours detention to learn your chocolate lore

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jedit posted:

I want Frankie Boyle to choke to death on his own blood

a very normal and not unhinged thing to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Darth Walrus posted:

What was this joke folks are talking about, anyway? Because while it may have been bigoted and awful, I'm struggling to see how it wouldn't be incredibly tacky to compare it to a loving hospital bombing.

fair warning the spoiler text is obviously going to be the joke in question

:redflag:
‘Apparently Jordan and Peter Andre are fighting each other over custody of Harvey, well eventually one of them’ll lose and have to keep him. I have a theory that Jordan married a cage fighter cause she needed someone strong enough to stop Harvey from trying to gently caress her.’
:redflag:

very crass etc but not exactly comparable to using military aircraft to bomb hospitals full of people