Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Cheers for the new thread Guavanaut.

My sleep issue is I get a twitchy leg. It’s always the same leg, and it starts in my hip muscle (as you can tell, I am a medical man who knows all the right medical words).

Currently my only solutions are a) cursing my own existence and b) guzzling Rescue Night like a stressed teacher. Stupid bastard leg.

I have restless legs a lot, have you thought of a hitatchi or something? You can stick it up your arse if it doesn't help the leg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I had not considered this. Definitely something to look into (not my arse) though, and would be a nice replacement for punching myself in the hip muscle bit.

I have personally simply got gud at sleeping at least in that respect so I can fall asleep while constantly kicking my legs.

Probably less practical if you ever intend to share a bed with another human being or cat/dog however.

I do occasionally do a bit of leg punching though yes. I assume blasting it with a clit obliterator 9000 will work even better.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I keep meaning to just get as many pillows as I can and sleep on a big pile of them like an upholstry dragon.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Think of all the horny theresa may cartoonists that AI have put out of a job.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I often think that most people work that way, to be honest.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Thinking some things differently to me will be a death sentence regardless of my opinion on the matter.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crispix posted:

man i would love to see you post something even mildly upbeat, even just one time

I would like to be able to feel it so that I can, but that doesn't seem to be on the cards.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The national dominatrix service is means tested so if you're willing to crawl over broken glass by yourself you don't need a dominatrix.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

English Electric was already a thing and by complex lineage ended up as part of BAE Systems.

Although they already produced their own jet fighters so it wasn't that big of a leap.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Window shopping is nice IMO, it's like the other kind of shopping except you don't have to spend any money and you get 90% of the satisfaction you would get from most of the things on offer anyway.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also probably would be satisfied paying 50 quid for a giant plate of grease and not having to eat the salad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Salads really are kinda gross though. Vegetables are great but only cooked IMO. Salads all just taste vile to me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What if the salad was on a side plate?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

OwlFancier is a good lad, mostly, not sure of their bald dtatus

Extremely un-bald, covered in hair, as all humans should be to the best of their ability.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Feathers are like fractal hairs, thus the feathered animal is the maximalist form of the haired animal, and thus, ideal.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mr Phillby posted:

If you dont eat salad you should hang out with me and let me eat all the bits of cucumber

Cucumber is a strange and terrible thing. Pickled it is nice, but raw it is rank and worse, contaminates everything it touches with an overpowering flavour of cucumber.

The work of a malevolent creator, certainly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

"Overpowering flavour of cucumber"

Y'know, I enjoy cucumber but I'm not sure anyone in human history has ever described it as having an overpowering flavour of anything.

That's what everyone else tells me but to me it has an extremely strong flavour to the point that it's the most noticeable component of anything with it in.

It is a bit random though, some cucumbers have it and others don't. Not sure if there's some weird variety or age related thing that I'm picking up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

I wonder if it's a genetic thing like the gene that makes some other greens taste like soap and poisonous alkaloids.

I do have a similar problem with coriander, can't eat anything with it in because all I can taste is the coriander and the coriander tastes absolutely foul. A shame because pho is otherwise delicious.

It's a similar kind of repellant taste too.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 3, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sprouts are conversely probably my favourite vegetable, I wish they were an all year thing as I would never stop eating them. Don't even need seasoning or anything, just steam them a bit and I can sit with a a bowl of them and just munch them like popcorn.

I like to parboil then fry them as a substitute for chips or rice but I usually end up eating quite a number of them during the cooking process.

Cabbage on the other hand is dire, just sloppy, tasteless sprout.

I can see where you'd maybe get tinsel though, they do have a faintly metallic flavour, like liver or lamb.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Look I don't eat crisps much and I don't drink but I do have Opinions on vegetables.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Broccoli is quite good yes. You want to get the tips crispy though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I've never honestly had a bad sprout so it might just be me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wouldn't stress too much about it, if someone tells you you have to choose between getting hit in the face or the dick it doesn't become your fault that someone is hitting you in one of them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Building one of those lagrange point satellites to watch for big rocks coming at the earth might be a useful thing to do but I doubt he means that.

FiftySeven posted:

Its basically this. They are not a prominant enough party to have anything that was news worthy, and they dont have any candidates big enough to be really singled out for it, but it attracts the gammony sort and I have never heard anything good from them. Just "Everything was better before we knew that people existed outside of Yorkshire" sorts.

I imagine much of the rest of the country feels similarly about the existence of people in yorkshre tbf.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do not believe the UK would go to war because someone is noncing too much.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think honestly he could lose just about everyone as long as he's still perceived as less bad than the tories in whatever way people want to define "bad"

There is no alternative through the electoral system, you get him or you get the tories. One of them has to win even if everyone stays home.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm glad to have you back, fuctifino, I was wondering if you'd just given up on the forum in disgust.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Relatives are just random people you get stuck with for a long time, no reason they have to be nice people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ehhh, I'm not sure I would call historical familial organizations exactly harmonious when half the members were legally property.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It does sound like to put that right you would need an artillery barrage rather than a lawyer.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bold of sunak to adopt the "only high paying jobs for immigrants" platform, you would think he'd be against it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Very frenulous grin on that chip.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You'd be contentstipated if you didn't.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Some anthropologists speculate we could go back to alloparenting once the system of patriarchal property rights that sustained the nuclear family collapses in on itself.

Had to look the word up to make sure and got a helpful paper with some excellent tags.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I drove past a clapped out old van parked up in leeds the other day with a great big FREE PALESTINE on the side and the flag.

Obviously hamas deep infiltration cell.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Weren't they playing him on the radio yesterday with the rwandan minister saying how great it is lmao?

World class negotiators.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There is something deeply, darkly funny about the UK paying millions of pounds to apply for an immigration agreement with Rwanda only for them to go "thanks for the money, application denied"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dunno I feel like this is an impressive level of embarassment for a government. Possibly worse than May's repeated fuckups with the EU because at least you could see those coming a mile off, this feels like Rwanda just completely took the tories for a ride.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This is the first one I've been able to actually laugh at though in a long time, as hopefully it might kill the policy and it's not really making things worse for everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

FiftySeven posted:

If this happened, they couldnt possibly avoid having to call a General Election could they?

If anything, by number 4 you should be quite good at doing it without an election.