Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

In my house today is known as “Shaky Day”. There will be a ceremonial playing of “Merry Christmas Everyone” later as the decorations are brought down from the loft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I saw a Christmas tree made of Jameson bottles yesterday in Luton Airport duty free

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

2.30 on Dec 1st and I’m already tucking into the Orange Matchmakers

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

josh04 posted:

Was scrubbing older threads to find something and turned up this classic, content warning former Prime Minister:

I’d certainly run through her wheat field

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Madeley should have been hanged when he nicked all that booze from Tescos

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lovely review of Nadine’s unhinged banquet of bollocks

https://thecritic.co.uk/issues/december-january-2024/the-plot-thins/

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guess the technicality he failed on?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Owner Gary King, who opened the steakhouse seven years ago, has defended his team's decision to deny Dan his prize and charge him by simply declaring 'the challenge is to eat everything'.

However the restaurant's own most recent breakdown of what the challenge includes fails to mention any salad.

He admits he did feel sorry for the stuffed customer but claims he should have asked to swap the salad for more chips or onion rings before the challenge began, but he didn't.

Gary said: 'It's simple. It's a challenge and the challenge is to eat and clear everything, otherwise it wouldn't be a challenge.

'Had he said to us that he didn't want any salad then we'd have put a few more chips or onion rings on. He didn't say anything at the start or while he was eating it.

His exact words were 'I know it's stupid but I'm not going to eat that salad. Not even for £50 because I don't eat salad'.

'I felt sorry when I saw the pictures because if I'd have spoken to him beforehand then he may well have said he didn't want salad.

'Once it's on that table, that's it. there's no point in telling us afterwards because we're not going to strip the salad off and give him a bowl of chips and a bowl of onion rings, are we?’

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 2, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I have this with brussel sprouts. They just taste like tinsel

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Owlfancier outdoing himself on controversial veg-posting tonight

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I now do “posh” broccoli cheese by tossing broccoli in oil and garlic and then roasting, then grating Parmesan over for the last 5 mins. I recommend it for your Xmas dinner

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

NotJustANumber99 posted:

imagine eating Christmas dinner and giving a gently caress about the broccoli

Well cooked veg isn’t a chore to eat or something you push around the plate to get to the turkey. Nice veg cooked well enhances the other stuff

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

What is celery even for? People keep putting it in stews and stocks and stuff, and I'm pretty sure that they would all be improved by just not adding the celery in the first place.

Congratulations on uncovering the false narrative at the bedrock of all French and Italian cuisine

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

When she chilli but you keep cumin

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

If you want something more depressing I am convinced we are looking at PM Farage in 6 years time

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I don't know anything about them, what racist stuff have they done?

Puddings rather than Gammons

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The forever war must continue. Although at least if they gently caress off and do it in space we don't have to put up with people on earth being displaced.

Plus, we can just kessler syndrome ourselves a big spinning metal sphere of death preventing humans from inflicting ourselves on the rest of the universe.

I’m more concerned that Grant loving Shapps, of all people, appears to have knowledge of deep space alien threats of a coming space war

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Happy 4 December - the 45th anniversary of the raid on Cynthia Payne’s house in Ambleside Avenue, Streatham, in which police found men (including, apparently, a Lord, an MP, and some vicars) queueing on the stairs waiting to pay for sex with luncheon vouchers, to all who celebrate.

https://mulberryhall.medium.com/odd-this-day-036f6ff4d4a1

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The luncheon vouchers were the cornerstone of her cunning system. Kind of like ride tickets at the funfair.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nuclear Spoon posted:

succession is also a comedy disguised as a prestige show

I read the Succession thread on here throughout the shows run and I feel like a lot of people were determined to see it as a serious drama rather than a sitcom of increasingly insane situations that is a direct successor of The Thick of It and Veep

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Anneka Rice reprised her role in Treasure Hunt when it was rebooted by Channel 5 earlier this year. It tanked badly and got dropped from its weekend slot after 2 eps.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I, for one, can’t wait to submit to his strict fiscal rules

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Let nobody say life is dull in Milton Keynes

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nice mod work. Bullying a guy who is obviously going through personal trauma and wanted to discuss it amongst friends. Reallly cool

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

a probe is not bullying

Mod shill detected

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

crispix posted:

gently caress DA MODDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hehe:

Justice for Fuctifino

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

To celebrate Mod Justice please enjoy this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_74N7KJmEj4

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I don’t know if this helps but they are all supposed to be grotesque caricatures of Murdoch and his children. They are all intended to be revolting and dislikeable in different ways. It’s not a show where you are supposed to be rooting for someone. They are all terrible people that you are encouraged to laugh at for being cunts.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Miftan posted:

:shrug: Guess I just think it sucks then.

e what a lovely snipe. On this day in 1901 famous weirdo antisemite Walt Disney was born.

Someone gave me Bob Igers autobiography to read a while back and it explains a great deal about how Disney has managed to gobble up and gently caress up so many media properties. It’s just eye wateringly dull. A corporate drone micromanaging the poo poo out of what should be a place of amazing fun and creativity

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Good old Jezza. This is like a Spot the Ball competition to find how many different ways it will enrage the Daily Mail.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Who wants to see photo evidence of what a massive Breaking Bad nerd I was?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lest we forget - Jerry Hall had a clause in her divorce from Rupert that NDAd her from talking to the producers of Succession

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Miftan posted:

I think more often than not they just pitch 1 season and it's very noticeable.

It’s worse than that - they pitch the pilot and that’s why you end up with so many shows piling far too much into the opening episode and then desperately backfilling

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Robocop was on ITV4 last night and good lord does it feel tight, to the point of insanely rushed, compared to how that kind of thing.would be produced now. It would be the final episode of season 1 before Murphy even gets shot to bits by the bad guys.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Failed Imagineer posted:

Well, it is a movie

(I mean I know there was a tv show but I assume they're not re-airing that?)

Well yes, and a product of its time. But the pace of it, now we are used to episodic big budget TV , is insane. Not necessarily a bad thing. Basically a line of crazy Dutch director cocaine right up the cinematic nostril

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

I'm really happy to see that Farage is experiencing Hancock levels of success
https://twitter.com/jacksurfleet/status/1731804327096832021

I’ve been watching the show and all it has done is spotlight the fundamental genius of Farage’s brand of conservatism. He’s come across as the jolly, affable man down the pub with a pint of bitter in his hand , as opposed to the insane shrieking weirdos who make up the majority of the Tory party. The idea that he was going to go in there and become a hate figure for his monstrous views was laughable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

What I’m saying is - Ant and Dec will ultimately be remembered for ushering in 20 years of BritFash under PM Nigel Farage