Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My sentence is up! :toot:

A few things happened during my month of penance:

1. The twitter troll group that I helped formed turned out to be filled with a load of tankies, so I instantly killed it with fire and deactivated my twitter account. My faith in society diminished somewhat, as I can't understand how people can be so pro-Gaza and anti genocide, yet be pro-Russia and pro their genocide against Ukraine.

2. Mum died a suitably horrible and painful death, and I found out I'm mostly disinherited - going from a 50/50 split with my brother to what I thought was a 33/33/33 split to include the nephew to a 41/41/8 split with me getting the ~8%. Yay :toot:. She was a oval office, and the world became a kinder place when she died. Her death meant my brother briefly spoke to me for the first time in 13 years which ended with him making a death threat. The funeral will be interesting if I do attend....

3. I became a pilot. I impulse purchased an emotional support DJI Mini 2 SE drone in the black friday sales when it dropped to £259, and it's really nice being able to see the world from up high. I didn't realise the rules around <249g drones were so relaxed, so when good healthy days coincide with good weather days, I take it to the park and fly to clear the head. It can also do cool 360 shots like this - https://maps.app.goo.gl/AGD2h3PNRRWEUxbs5

4. Thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people were murdered in an ongoing genocide

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Nilbop posted:

The list of boondoggles England chooses to fund rather than feeding the poors continues to grow.

Has anyone checked to see if Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath or Sebastian Fox are on the boards of any of the companies getting this lovely government money?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

I'm glad to have you back, fuctifino, I was wondering if you'd just given up on the forum in disgust.

Ta. I've been lurking. I was given a 30 dayer shortly after the ban, (and after the other probations for the same thing), and that ran out an hour ago. I'm still wondering if I'll be hit with another probe for it

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Sorry about your mum (I think?!?), and definitely sorry about you getting screwed over. But why 8% specifically? Like why not just gently caress you over down to zero?
Don't be sorry about her. She wasn't a good influence on my life and there will be one less Tory voter at the next GE. The 8% is based on what I think the estate is worth. I have a set cash amount, £25k, which is enough to throw me off of any benefits, but not enough to actually do anything long-term with it. I think it's also an amount that is enough to make it very hard to contest. She was a oval office, and I don't doubt she did her homework.

If she'd totally disinherited me, then I could have probably easily found a no-win no-fee lawyer to take it on for 50% of what I'd almost definitely win, which could have been 50% or 33% of the estate. There are added protections for disabled children in probate.

I'm going to see if I can shove that money into a trust and spend it on care or medicine or something, but it'll be ages before I get any of the money so I have time to research it.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 3, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I don't think I could inherit from my dead mum like essentially 90% while my brother gets the leftovers and not just gently caress that off and re divvy up the money.

I explained to the brother in the phone call that him and his son were both working in good jobs, and this was the only chunk of money that I would ever get in my lifetime, bar winning the lottery. I also highlighted that mum is completely disrespecting Dad's wishes etc. etc.

"We have already taken legal advice, and we are going to honour mum's wishes [to continue to inflict her abuse on you after her death]"

I also don't get any of my stuff. There are photos, videos of school performances, vinyl, tapes and CDs of music I played on from 30+ years ago, as well as a box or two of stuff from my school and college days in the attic. There's a good chance they'll be binned out of malice.

Families are loving weird. I envy people who come from functional families.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 3, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Do you have your dad's wishes recorded anywhere? That might be grounds to contest the will if you do.

They would have been recorded in old wills, but the chances of those surviving anywhere would be slim, and there would be no way for me to access them. The nephew has been named as executor. Outside of those wills, Dad told me his wishes in phone calls. There are also other things, like he wanted the UK101, computer that he built in 1980 to go to a computer museum. That'll probably end up on ebay or in a skip.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 3, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

If there was probate on your dad's Will then it will be on public record (probate though is not always necessary depending on size of estate).

I already did a probate search, and I guess the size of the estate (£350k'ish) and the fact that my mum had already been given power of attorney due to Dad's dementia means there was no recorded will

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've pretty much given up hope of getting any more than the £25k, and I'm pretty certain they will try to shaft me of that too, but that would be a fight that I would eventually win.

I am contemplating going to the funeral, and doing exactly what you suggest (recorded on a 360 cam) but I also suspect they are not going to publicly announce it or tell me about it

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My French ex's family had a large townhouse family home in Burgundy that was built by a relative in the 1700's. It hadn't been lived in full time for 15 years, after the great grandmother moved to a care home on the other side of the river, so it was used as a vacation home by the extended family. This was over 20 years ago, but property over there just didn't hold any value. Less than a third of the houses in the town were occupied full time, and a good third were derelict and/or abandoned.

The place next door was also part of the family complex, but had been bought out by one of the relatives. We got offered the 80m2 attic flat in there for 9,000 euros. The 12 bedroom 2-wing townhouse with river frontage that was used as the holiday home was eventually sold when the elderly relative died in the care home, and I don't think it went for much more than 100,000 euros.

e:

Those three houses used to be all owned by the family, and there was a barn/house complex behind too, and it was still all one complex a few years before I visited for the first time.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 3, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Congrats on your dead ma, fuctifino.

:toot:

It's better for my mental health to chalk it all up to bad luck and move on. My brother and his son are going to burn through that money buying expensive cars and posh holidays, and when the son realises that his dad has no money left, he will ditch him too. I'm just glad I didn't seem to inherit the same narcissism. gently caress the money (though it would have been nice to buy a canal boat)....

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ms Adequate posted:

[snip]
So yeah long story short big sympathy fuct, it's a poo poo situation to be placed in.

I'm sorry you had lovely relatives too. <hugs>

I'm rubber-banding a lot going from wanting to walk away from it all, and wanting to go in fighting, but I don't like the person I feel I start becoming when I focus about the money and the injustice of it all. Everything about my mum and brother is toxic, and I broke away from that family to feel less toxic, so I'm really debating if it's worth challenging any of it, or even turning up at the funeral.

Most of the estate is tied up in the house, and it will be a while before that can go to market let alone be sold so I have time to decide a path without emotions steering my decisions. She only died around 10 days or so. It might even be less than that. I didn't actually make a note to remember the day as it won't be a day I'll give two shits about with each yearly cycle. I've felt no actual mourning sensations, and probably don't expect to. I think I mourned her long ago.

But one thing that's worth publicly mentioning here, I've written a few times about a certain relative who worked undercover in NI in the 90's. gently caress protecting that war-criming murdering oval office, but it's my brother. He's issued at least one death threat -"I will loving kill you!" in my last phone call with him - which is pretty direct. So if I am suddenly murdered, Pete did it. He has experience stalking and killing civilians on UK soil, and yes, he would probably consider killing me if it would secure him an extra £12,500 cut as he's killed for a lot less when working for the govt. One of the few times I saw him in recent years, he crushed my windpipe at the family dinner table because I dared to criticise his raising of his son....

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Changing the subject to UK stuff - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67608097

quote:

'Labour won't turn on spending taps' says Starmer

[quote]Sir Keir Starmer is to warn that the UK will face "huge constraints" on public spending if his party win the next General Election.

On Monday, he will say anyone expecting an incoming Labour government "to quickly turn on the spending taps is going to be disappointed".

Growing the economy is set to be a battleground for both Labour and the Conservatives at the next election.

quote:

In a speech to economists and think-tanks later on Monday, Sir Keir will say economic growth "will have to become Labour's obsession if we are to turn around the economy".

But he will argue that decisions taken from the government and previous Conservative administrations for the past 13 years "will constrain what a future Labour government can do".

Austerity 2.0 here we go!!!!! :toot:

HopperUK posted:

Mate can you not completely cut ties and never see these people again? You shouldn't be seeing someone who's hurt you and threatened you. Please be safe.

The nephew, his son, is the executor. There's not even an intermediary solicitor I can contact, and the nephew completely blocked me on social media at the time the will was changed. I have no other contact for the family than my brother's mobile, and I think he's blocked me now. The old parental landline now goes to someone's mobile, and there's no answering service. Mum, in her narcissistic wisdom also decided to give Pete my new home address as well as my telephone number after I'd cut all contact with him for 13 years. Yay, fun times :toot:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 4, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Succession is one of the best TV shows ever made IMO. It has one of the best soundtracks too

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Scatterfold posted:

fully agree that the show is brilliant, but the soundtrack is dreadful; that recurring faux-classical piano theme sounds like something you'd be subjected to as hold music on the phone to HMRC (and is repeated as much)

I totally disagree, but I also have to point out that enjoyment of music is totally subjective. My autistic gift is music and I've had an orchestra that plays in my head 24/7 since I was a toddler. It's rare for me to listen to any music, but there were so many hooks in the various Succession themes that I played the music back-to-back for weeks absorbing all the nuances. But that's just me. I'm a bit weird. I could also have very poor taste

Talking of poor taste:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Fuming dad slammed 'unbelievable' £71,000 price for week's stay in West County

Poor dad

quote:

A fuming dad was left outraged after he was quoted £71,000 for a week-long holiday in the West Country. Paul Nickerson hoped to rent out a modest home for his family, but was left speechless with his quote.

However, the owner of the three-bed home in St Ives, Cornwall, wanted a whopping £10,232 per night for the week stay.

OH NO! That's horrible

quote:

Paul, a Conservative councillor for Minster and Woodmansey in Beverley, East Yorkshire, was disgusted with the price, which is more than double the UK annual wage of £31,000, reports Cornwall Live.

Speaking to Hull Live, the dad said: "It's a supply and demand issue and they're exploiting it. A lot of people in the UK need and want a holiday, but many will not be able to afford them.

:allears:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

We almost went to war with the Netherlands

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/04/dutch-media-report-claim-boris-johnson-planned-raid-on-vaccine-plant-in-2021

quote:

Boris Johnson’s appearance before the Covid-19 inquiry is not until Wednesday but it is already making headlines in the Netherlands amid a mixture of amusement and alarm at claims he asked for British spies to plan a “raid” on a Dutch vaccine plant.

The operation – according to sources who briefed Johnson’s employer, the Daily Mail – would have taken place against the backdrop of a tit-for-tat row in March 2021 between the then prime minister and the EU, which was moving towards restricting exports of vaccines across the Channel.

An “enraged” Johnson asked security services to draw up “military options” to obtain “impounded” doses of AstraZeneca vaccine from a plant in Leiden after Britain had negotiated a deal with the company.

Dead Goon posted:

I am always mildly perplexed/amused that Toyah Wilcox is married to the dude from King Crimson.

Robert Fripp is also the father of live looping, using looped reel-to-reel tape machines to create his 'Frippertronics' system. The man is a musical genius

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 4, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

What's the betting that Hunt or one of his aides will leave a note in a desk saying "There's no money left" before leaving?

That's a tradition now, right?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 4, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The main theme of Succession is good, but it was the orchestral pieces such as this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVuutOx-LPk - that got my musical brain internally noodling for weeks/months. I will die on the hill that this was an incredible score for an incredible series.

e: Oh, and this, which should be timestamped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6YNBZfkjLc&t=754s

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 4, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Can I just say THANK YOU :toot: to everyone who spoke out for reversing the probation and for the mods/admins who reversed it. I totally understand why a passing mod would see that out of context and act, so no hard feelings, but it was just my way of mourning. I'm a stay at home cripple with no actual real life local friends or support, so coming back on SA after having all of this going on was my way of getting a load of poo poo off my chest. It's the first actual public display of grief after ~10 days of chaos.

That meme of my mum was probably going a bit too far, but it sums up how I feel about her. She has pulled the literal rug from under my feet and I now have no secure future whatsoever. I'm still coming to terms with that part...

I will tone stuff down in the future, and I know how this must look to people who come from functional families and who have/had functional mothers who acted like actual mothers, and I'm sorry if my recent rantings have triggered bad memories or feelings in any of you.

I also haven't apologised for the vid of Gaza that got me that ban just over a month ago. I posted what I did out of anger, and I'm trying to learn to walk away from the keyboard when emotions run high like that. It's all a learning process. I apologise for whatever future mistakes I do in advance, and don't expect any special favours.... but I do appreciate this one.

I love you all!

e: And thank you for restoring the plat that I lost when I was banned for the Gaza post!

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 5, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Just for the record, Inferior Third Season PM'd me to say that they probated me as they were worried about me self-doxxing, not realising I've been self-doxxed for 22 years on this platform, and I didn't have Plat at the time for them to warn me. So I totally get it, but I should make it clear that I wasn't probated for incorrect mourning.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Funny story about the National Hemp Service. An ex friend of mine who was a failson of rich parents was a silent investor in that company when it started. He invested 1/3rd of the startup capital iirc (too lazy to check Company House records). As soon as the company started getting in the papers, the investor then teamed up with a now deceased 'activist' who turned out to be nothing more than a grifting conman, and they both went to the papers claiming they were directors and/or actively involved in the company.

Tommy obviously publicly corrected the record which resulted in my ex friend setting his expensive London litigation lawyers on him, which essentially bankrupted the company. But Tommy pulled a masterstroke and re-named the company to NSHR20 LIMITED, let it slide into bankruptcy and then set up a new company called National Hemp Service without my cancerous ex-friend being involved. The conman that my ex-friend teamed up with (whose cash it probably was in the first place) then went to the Daily Mail to sell his story just before the 2019 election. I think he got £20k for that, but the cost of the original investment (£30k) and the lawyers fees greatly outweighed that.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Dec 5, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm really happy to see that Farage is experiencing Hancock levels of success
https://twitter.com/jacksurfleet/status/1731804327096832021

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

TACD posted:

Severance

Ah poo poo, now I can't get the theme out of my head. Another great bit of music, and a great season 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXoXnGw0irI

e: Which seems to be partially stolen/inspired from this theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isdblo17THs

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 5, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This is new news

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/dec/05/sellafield-nuclear-site-leak-could-pose-risk-to-public

quote:

Revealed: Sellafield nuclear site has leak that could pose risk to public
Safety concerns at Europe’s most hazardous plant have caused diplomatic tensions with US, Norway and Ireland

Sellafield, Europe’s most hazardous nuclear site, has a worsening leak from a huge silo of radioactive waste that could pose a risk to the public, the Guardian can reveal.

Concerns over safety at the crumbling building, as well as cracks in a reservoir of toxic sludge known as B30, have caused diplomatic tensions with countries including the US, Norway and Ireland, which fear Sellafield has failed to get a grip of the problems.

The leak of radioactive liquid from one of the “highest nuclear hazards in the UK” – a decaying building at the vast Cumbrian site known as the Magnox swarf storage Silo (MSSS) – is likely to continue to 2050. That could have “potentially significant consequences” if it gathers pace, risking contaminating groundwater, according to an official document

Cracks have also developed in the concrete and asphalt skin covering the huge pond containing decades of nuclear sludge, part of a catalogue of safety problems at the site.

These concerns have emerged in Nuclear Leaks, a year-long Guardian investigation into problems spanning cyber hacking, radioactive contamination and toxic workplace culture at the vast nuclear dump.

Sellafield, a sprawling 6 sq km (2 sq mile) site on the Cumbrian coast employing 11,000 people, stores and treats nuclear waste from weapons programmes and nuclear power generation, and is the largest such facility in Europe.

e: These are photos from 2014 - https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/oct/29/sellafield-nuclear-radioactive-risk-storage-ponds-fears

I doubt things have naturally improved by themselves over the past 9 years

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 5, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

All the problems are down to immigrants according to Turning Point, and it's also down to people voting for Labour, because look at the mess Corbyn's made of our country over the past 13 years.

https://twitter.com/TPointUK/status/1730910828642152679

And now there's this:

https://twitter.com/Redshoogi/status/1732128017168904398

A Tufton St org calling for direct local action. Isn't this terrorism?

quote:

The director of a new pressure group hoping to become a “focal point” for anti-immigration sentiment across the UK has called for “action on the streets” to “force the issue” on to the agenda of political parties.

The project, called End Mass Migration, has links to Reform UK and is based among the insidious network of think-tanks and lobby groups at 55 Tufton Street which fuelled Liz Truss’s brief spell as Prime Minister.

The group’s director, Neil Philip Anderson, stood as a Brexit Party candidate at the 2019 election, securing just 1.9% of the vote, and is a former director of Tufton Street’s principal immigration think-tank, Migration Watch UK, which has used misleading figures to stoke anti-asylum seeker sentiment.

Anderson launched this new project, which aims to challenge what it calls “the myth that mass immigration is beneficial to the UK”, in October at a Tufton Street conference with a speech entitled Five Years Left to Save Britain: A Call to Action.

https://endmassmigration.uk/

We aren't on a good timeline

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 5, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That new group's "Who We Are" uses this stock image:

https://depositphotos.com/photo/international-group-of-happy-smiling-people-142055398.html

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-12-05/uk-should-stock-up-on-torches-and-candles-to-prepare-for-power-cuts-says-dowden

quote:

Brits should stock up on torches and candles to prepare for power cuts, Oliver Dowden says

Britons should stock up on torches, battery-powered radios and candles to prepare for power cuts or cyber the deputy prime minister has said, as he announced plans for a national “resilience academy”.

Oliver Dowden suggested people stock up on analogue supplies, including first aid kits and torches in order to prepare for communication blackouts, according to The Times.

The visit came as he outlined plans to launch a national “resilience academy” to help people and businesses prepare for future pandemics, natural disasters and digital communication blackouts.

Out of all the things to pick, why did he mention 'First Aid Kits' as an analogue supply? I guess we are going to have to create our own individual NHS's at home?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Apparently you can make an emergency radio out of a bandage and a couple of safety pins

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Can't you all just send your kids to work in that new coal mine? Not only will your childcare bills be reduced to zero, your kids will be able to contribute towards the costs of running a home.

Isn't this why we Brexited?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 5, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1732166243979792395

:toot:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

Usually, when a train terminates at a bay platform (comes in one way, goes out the other) the driver will take their key out, leave the cab, walk to the other end of the train, key in, doors closed, drive train out the other way.

However, at peak times, there's no time to do that (and besides, the platform's probably busy enough to make it difficult for the driver to force their way along.) So what happens is that as the inbound driver gets out at the far end, another driver gets in at the other end to take the train out the other way. This is what stepping back is.

The inbound driver, once they've left the train, presses a plunger on the platform to tell the outbound driver "I have left the train, you may go." Then, assuming the signal is clear, the outbound driver is settled into their cab and everything is in order, the train leaves the other way.

So naturally, it's very important to remember to plunge.

I could not rest until I found out the answer

https://reddit.com/r/london/comments/2vxyww/a_question_for_tube_travelers_regarding_a/

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LabourList/status/1732356787355996646

:allears:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/dec/06/saudi-sunny-foreign-care-workers-could-quit-uk-after-clampdown

quote:

It’s sunnier in Dubai, the visa lasts longer in the US and the wages are better in Canada. Many foreign care workers had already been thinking of quitting Britain for similar jobs elsewhere before the home secretary announced on Monday that dependants of new applicants would no longer be welcome.

Experts say the move, effective from next spring, will only make England’s severe care staff shortage worse amid international competition for people willing to look after society’s most vulnerable on low pay.

And, sure enough, Annie, a care worker from Botswana who was one of the first to arrive last year under the scheme inviting foreign care staff and their families, is already filling in the forms to switch to Canada.

“I wouldn’t have come,” she said when asked about James Cleverly’s new ban on bringing dependants. “It will affect a lot of people. Some of us are already looking at going to Australia, Canada or America because of the living conditions here, the amount of money I am paid, the rent.”

Annie has been working 15-hour days in Wiltshire and Somerset caring for elderly people. She makes about £1,500 a month and spends about two-thirds of that on rent. She brought her husband and daughter with her – some of the 120,000 dependants who accompanied 100,000 care workers on the scheme in the year to September.

Announcing his crackdown on Monday, Cleverly said too many of these were “drawing on public services rather than helping grow the economy”. Annie’s husband is learning to drive so he can become a care worker too.

In East Anglia, Jonathan, a care worker from the Philippines who had brought his wife and nine-year-old daughter with him, said: “This will reduce numbers. The reason overseas workers come here is the opportunity to bring your family and I don’t want to live separately from my family. Most of us have the same objective: to bring our families here.”

He is trained in complex care needs but earns just £11 an hour, which he described as “shockingly low”. Coming without family was unappealing he said, not least because “the weather in this country is depressing”.

“If you go to Saudi, Dubai or Hong Kong it’s sunny, so the psychological impact [of being away from family] is less,” he said.

So even if care and health are exempt from the new earning requirements, many will still leave because as rightly stated, who wouldn't want to live with their families? If people think things are bad now, it's going to get a hell of a lot worse

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67630766

quote:

Is the Rwanda policy a vote winner? One High Street has its say

As the government unveils a new treaty to deliver its Rwanda plan, we sought the views of people along one High Street about the controversial policy to deter migrants from crossing the channel.

"If you look on there," says Vince Ayris, lifting down a large artillery shell casing engraved with 400 names, "you can see the name of every British soldier killed in Afghanistan."

Over the din of the shoe repair and key cutting machines, the 61-year-old recounts how he delicately etched one of these shiny casings for each of the bereaved families who saw their military relative come home in a coffin.

"I met the Queen for doing this," he says, proudly polishing the one he keeps on display in his shop. "She shook my hand".

quote:

"I think it's come to the point where we have to sort this out," says Vince, a former parish councillor and Conservative supporter.

"You can't keep talking about something without acting on it. You have to go one way or the other and we've gone too far with it to go back. It would show a weakness now to go back.

"Rwanda's not a bad place, we're not sending them to a prison, they're being looked after. It's not a bad thing, it's just distant."

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Isomermaid posted:

The way these people can pose for a photo with a gentle friendly smile after going on record saying the most infuriatingly fashy poo poo will never stop enraging me.

I had a quick look at his facebook profile, and he once had this as his profile picture:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's ok to look if you don't touch the poop. hth

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PoliticsMoments/status/1732008344682918131

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Amazing stuff as the government publishes their "Rwanda is safe bill" immediately prompting Rwanda to say they will pull out as it breaches international law.

Also the immigration minister resigned.

And Rwanda did this just after we gave them that extra £140m too

e: 23 is the smallest positive solution to Sunzi's original formulation of the Chinese remainder theorem.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Big lol that Jenrick seems to have resigned while the new immigration bill is being read in Parliament

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1732467766999781812

e: now with video https://twitter.com/breeallegretti/status/1732467897887277528

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I wish my mum was still alive to see the slow death of her beloved party