Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
another sad failure to abide the divine solstice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

sebzilla posted:

Who'd want to have sex with a luncheon voucher? Bunch of pervs.

if they will pay, where do I get the luncheon vouchers?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

domhal posted:

New policy from Labour: trains are illegal now.

that was a spelling mistake on the press release

duffield's gonna be furious

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

local hairdressers just sent us a fifteen quid voucher for xmas

that's a whole 50% more help with the festive period than the dwp are giving!

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Failed Imagineer posted:

Haircut so bad that the hairdressers are offering pro bono work

naw it's the posh place I took my eldest to for a special treat/gender affirming haircare so the fifteen quid towards a cut isn't all that much off the total

credit where it's due, my genetic tendency towards "how loving much?" over the price was tempered entirely by how well it turned out/how much the kid liked it

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Guavanaut posted:

Lizense is a cross between incense and Liz Truss. You put it in a thurible and swing it about and it talks complete bollocks.

they had some at the christening I was at last week

vicar was all "lettuce pray"

...I will see myself out

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

waitrose on reduced sticker can be absolutely amazing value, get in at the right time and it's as high as 95% off- I'm going tonight before they shut, maybe tomorrow too

100% off if you can run fast enough, comrades

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

some of the first few dysons were made really solid and with excellent attention to detail for parts replacement and maintenance- had a few at the care home I worked at precisely because they would get a lot of hard use but be easily repairable

then we got a newer (then, in 2005 or so) one and it was almost like a knockoff of the previous ones and far harder to service, died in months

also gently caress the commercial and societal obligation aspects of xmas but I'm looking forward to spending a bit of time with close family and friends and eating and drinking and feel lucky to be able to do so- that part is cool

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Mebh posted:

So if I wanted a new vacuum, what should I buy then? I have a eufy cordless and it's nice for dust and cat fluff but it can't even suck up cat litter!

we got a shark a few years ago and it sucks!

which is really good cause that's what we bought it for. cleans right to the edges, easy to clean and change filters/dustbin, hasn't needed any parts and will literally rip carpet up on the right settings

only arseache is that using the attachment pipe/hose thingy requires you to take all the power cable off

if you really need a cordless then get a makita 2x18V backpack one and become the appliance

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Dabir posted:

Straddling the line between dustbusting and ghostbusting

bustin' makes me feel good

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

grobbo posted:

Enjoy! If you spot a jolly old fellow with a big white beard sunning himself with a nice cocktail, please seriously consider the possibility that you've tragically ended up on the M. Night Shymalan Beach That Makes You Old.

beats the gently caress out of Michael Bay bay imo

merry xmas comrades, I'm going to go establish a pleasant tipsy state and maintain it all day by use of tactical mimosas

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

"they should stop playing politics/why is it so political/why can't they just all sit down get on with it"

aka

"I want all politics bar my own to not be considered"

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Vyv, eat the telly!

(he's been waiting for this)

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

spoons is poo poo

britain is poo poo

hth

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

still eat there I mean you can go in and sit down and press buttons on your phone then a large mixed grill and pint of guinness shows up

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

el dingo posted:

You're telling me a dog shot 300?

that many?

must have been using an automastiff

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

pine resin can be very flammable and prone to spitting out gobs of burning stuff, fatwood from pine (wood with loads of sap, normally from where a branch joins or a healed scar etc) is a prized firelighter for bushcrafting/survival stuff as it will take off with a hint of a spark and burn hot

it also produces a thick acrid smoke that clogs chimneys with flammable tar worra leggend tho

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

there were likely many videos taken by maxwell/epstein of a bunch of rich and powerful folk noncing kids- it was a honeypot blackmail operation to facilitate the crimes of, then extort rich and powerful folk noncing kids, they kinda need evidence for that to work

no way in gently caress will anyone of consequences face any consequences

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

this is exactly why the scum are trying to do away with ticket offices

'cause some worker with an encyclopedic knowledge of the system will almost always find you a ticket that's cheaper/better/faster

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I like some of owen jones work but the last few years of "well, labour aren't just useless, they are actively working against your interests as a political and social class but, ah, well, support and vote for them anyway I guess" was pretty grating

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I think my political position right now is

laugh as it all falls apart and burns

if my health allows me I might try and chase a political candidate away with a broom as my ancestors would have wanted

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I had a series of older cars that all ended up requiring some combination of learning basic car mechanic work, paying off a garage for the work I couldn't manage and waiting around at the side of the road for a breakdown truck when the first two didn't work out

got something newer and if it breaks in the next few years it's someone elses loving problem to deal with and it really took the weight off a bit

costs half as much to insure/tax it too

regards motability stuff my mum used a scheme where they paid some money down and then some per month and after a few years they either owned it or could trade in for something new, used that scheme a few times to keep something relatively modern/reliable, not sure if they still do the same thing

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

coincidentally enough I saw an older guy walk out of sainsbury's up the road this morning after slipping a bottle of milk in his coat

or rather, no, I didn't

I mean there was a bit of shameful behaviour involved tbh

it was green top

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

big scary monsters posted:

A mate of mine and his missus just had their first kid, and I want to send them a parcel for its 0th birthday. Couple things for the baby but I imagine they'll have a tonne of people getting them baby things, any good ideas for presents for new parents? I know we have a few in the thread.

nice tea/coffee/biscuits

xanax

think someone already mentioned muslin puke rags, never enough of them

takeaway vouchers

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Is there a handy compilation somewhere of everything Neo-Labour have u-turned on or is that list growing too fast for anyone to try to keep up to date?

Quicker to provide you with a list of things they haven't u turned on

hope that helps pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

PPE can also be a pain in the arse and doesn't even work anyway it's just for someone to make some extra money off a dodgy contract. The rules are written by dweebs that never did a day's work in their life. And health and safety is a job creation scheme.

tell us what's really mushin' your peas lad