Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Amazon's Jack Shack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Go away! I'm Bezin'!

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
not if your girl has a minute

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
1000% chance the inside of the Amazon sad-times sweat lodge is filled with surveillance equipment.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Wasabi the J posted:

Go away! I'm Bezin'!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

Go away! I'm Bezin'!

https://youtu.be/sxwMi3aJheQ?si=fwL62lXKpQjiqWaS

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A while back, Michael Cohen filed a legal brief to get out of post-prison court supervision. It was a clear AI-hallucination brief, so we all figured one of his lawyers used ChatGPT to make it.

Nope. Cohen himself did it through Google Bard. Then his lawyers didn't check because well, Michael Cohen is a lawyer and he must've got the brief from another one of his lawyers!

https://twitter.com/TheMarinaTimes/status/1740792192057405705?t=QlBWVng9Z45sv2qd1l2rPg&s=19

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
So claiming ignorance as a defence? Interesting choice for a legal professional

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Eyes Have It posted:

So claiming ignorance as a defence? Interesting choice for a legal professional

Well, he was disbarred so…

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!

Dude when to Cooley. I’m not a lawyer but even I know that’s like the South Harmon Institute of Technology of law schools.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Dude when to Cooley. I’m not a lawyer but even I know that’s like the South Harmon Institute of Technology of law schools.

I appreciate this reference.

Go Sandwiches!

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This is exactly where I'm at. I'd rather pay a higher price so I can have more accountability and an actual pathway towards resolution if I have an issue with something I've ordered. It's been a rare occurrence, but it's worked out in my favor when that happens.
Yeah, I've increasingly gone this route where possible. The cost is unfortunately prohibitive for a lot of folks (certainly was for me up until a few years ago!), though some of that expense may be going into higher quality and durability as much as it is higher wages and safer working conditions for the workers. Wish there were a good resource that could help identify such options and not just be in it for the affiliate/advertising money.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

As Amazon got so bad with pirated products that manufacturers started to refuse to honor warranties of their items bought via Amazon, and Amazon made it a bitch to ship to my previous weird APO (lots of stuff was outright denied at checkout, or sent to an aircraft carrier FPO on multiple occasions), and finally Amazon asked for my bank records for my credit card due to a return, I gave Bezos the finger and never looked back. I get my stuff faster by buying it from a brick and mortar store, with great return policies, so dealing with Amazon is a total no-go for me. In fact, I stopped shopping online altogether, brick and mortar is so much more pleasant.

Jimmy Smuts fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 30, 2023

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Commander of Wright-Patterson just got fired. "Loss of confidence in ability to lead," whatever that means.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/wright-patterson-fired/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don’t recall hearing about any issues at WPAFB lately.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Anyone check the blotter for his name + DUI?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Icon Of Sin posted:

Anyone check the blotter for his name + DUI?

Or infidelity?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

CommieGIR posted:

Or infidelity?

CO of a base I was at got canned for picking up a cop posing as a prostitute in his dress blues.

She supposedly tried to get him to just leave repeatedly, until he got aggressive with her and she was like "OK motherfucker"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Shaddak posted:

Commander of Wright-Patterson just got fired. "Loss of confidence in ability to lead," whatever that means.

I'm guessing he was the member of a hate group if the completely unprovoked culture war comments of "wokeness" are anything to go by.

Like why are a hundred dudes already commenting how it's all the liberals fault when there's literally no details? Just straight up wailing and gnashing of teeth over a bog standard dismissal, but they're sure to blame Obama, liberals, women and minorities in service, and ostensibly they shouldn't know why it's happening.

E: oh his superior officer is an Obama appointment and a woman nvm they're just loving mad and white. Maybe that was this dudes problem.

Welp, hope his buddies get caught up in it like the rest of the 3% crowd if that is the case.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 31, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Elviscat posted:

CO of a base I was at got canned for picking up a cop posing as a prostitute in his dress blues.

She supposedly tried to get him to just leave repeatedly, until he got aggressive with her and she was like "OK motherfucker"

There was a bust when I was out at FE Warren of a bunch of missileers who got caught in something like that, and I heard the resulting Commanders Call shitstorm was.....not delightful.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Elviscat posted:

Oh wow.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Shaddak posted:

Fired as in dismissed from the service altogether or just "gently caress off and here's new duty at a poo poo post somewhere on the other side of the planet where you're not our problem anymore"?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Fired as in dismissed from the service altogether or just "gently caress off and here's new duty at a poo poo post somewhere on the other side of the planet where you're not our problem anymore"?

If it is like the Navy when they fire COs, this dude was reassigned to his HHQ unit, shuffled around, and then sent somewhere else in a non-command position

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Fired at that level always means relieved of command and given whatever arrangements are necessary to be allowed to retire.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

Fired at that level always means relieved of command and given whatever arrangements are necessary to be allowed to retire.

Yeah its a "You are lucky we're gonna let you keep your rank and retirement, because we're mad but not that mad"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Career's over, but not losing your bennies.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I really wish some of these senior officer fucks would have some consequences for their actions once in awhile, but alas.

Do a cake job for a few years before getting retired at $63k+ a year with full bennies is sure a hell of a punishment.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 31, 2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

he had to have done something that will be spectacularly embarrasing to his commanders if it comes out considering this douche got transferred to command of NAS San Diego and retired an admiral.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_E._Gehres

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

63k a year and presumably good health insurance? Is it too late to change careers

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

63k a year and presumably good health insurance? Is it too late to change careers

I'm really regretting not finishing my bachelor's.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Elviscat posted:

I really wish some of these senior officer fucks would have some consequences for their actions once in awhile, but alas.

Do a cake job for a few years before getting retired at $63k+ a year with full bennies is sure a hell of a punishment.

Hell, these O-6 commanders being relived and told to retire likely still have 24 years in or something, so more like $93k/year plus benefits.

Someone walking out at O-5 and 20 years of service on the dot is looking at $64k/year.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Hell, these O-6 commanders being relived and told to retire likely still have 24 years in or something, so more like $93k/year plus benefits.

Someone walking out at O-5 and 20 years of service on the dot is looking at $64k/year.

My old skipper will hopefully be walked out as a 20 year O5, and that motherfucker caused $500M in damage to an irreplaceable asset, I was using that as the best case scenario.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Elviscat posted:

My old skipper will hopefully be walked out as a 20 year O5, and that motherfucker caused $500M in damage to an irreplaceable asset, I was using that as the best case scenario.

What did he accidentally burn down a high end brothel

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Milo and POTUS posted:

What did he accidentally burn down a high end brothel

I don't see how that is only 500 mil in damage tbh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh so he ran a high end brothel aground

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
its not a brothel if no ones paying

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh so he ran a high end brothel aground

My Spirit Otter posted:

its not a brothel if no ones paying

Absolutely perfect setup and shot, thank you both.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Wasabi the J posted:

Like why are a hundred dudes already commenting how it's all the liberals fault when there's literally no details? Just straight up wailing and gnashing of teeth over a bog standard dismissal, but they're sure to blame Obama, liberals, women and minorities in service, and ostensibly they shouldn't know why it's happening.

Welcome to the comments section of literally any article about the military in 2023. As you may have realized, these people aren't exactly making rational, fact-based analysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

poo poo it's probably way older than that. I'd bet anything there were kulturkampf types whining about desegregating the military back in the dawn of time too