Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I seriously doubt other congresspeople were going "Yo George check out all these sick crimes I'm doing." It's much more likely that these are rumors that trickled through Congressional staffers.

Matt Gaetz did tho. That motherfucker talking about sipping on sildefanil and redbull right before the high school prom, tryna scoop a cheerleader he met on roblox n poo poo. This basically your boy (and also diddy).

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czwvhduxsys/?igshid=ZWI2YzEzYmMxYg==

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Wonderful robots Mr. Musk, I bet you collected so much good data from it shooting your scientists and then itself.

(They remind me of the stupid Tesla robot, especially the one that screams and pulls its head off)

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A lovely Saint Santos meme

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0X-4m0NQ3x/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

AP is saying that something is going on in the Red Sea. They specifically mentioned an US naval vessel as being involved.

https://apnews.com/article/red-sea-houthi-yemen-ships-attack-israel-hamas-war-gaza-strip-716770f0a780160e9abed98d3c48fbde

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ASAPI posted:

AP is saying that something is going on in the Red Sea. They specifically mentioned an US naval vessel as being involved.

https://apnews.com/article/red-sea-houthi-yemen-ships-attack-israel-hamas-war-gaza-strip-716770f0a780160e9abed98d3c48fbde

Welp I guess a bunch of sites are gonna eat some tomahawks now. Oh well.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
*snorts a line of coke* Get Chris Pratt on the line right now, I've got an idea.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/george-santos-movie-in-development-hbo-films-1235819803/

quote:

A movie about George Santos is in the works at HBO Films, Variety has confirmed.

HBO Films has optioned the rights to Mark Chiusano’s book “The Fabulist: The Lying, Hustling, Grifting, Stealing, and Very American Legend of George Santos,” which was published on Nov. 28. The film comes from Frank Rich, who executive produced the HBO series “Veep” and “Succession.” Mike Makowsky (“Bad Education”) is set to write the screenplay for the George Santos movie, which he will also executive produce with Rich. Chiusano will serve as a consulting producer.

The film is described as a “forensic and darkly comic look” at the unprecedented congressional race in Long Island, NY, that led to Santos being elected to Congress.

Per the official logline, the film tells “the story of a seemingly minor local race that wound up a battle for the soul of Long Island, and unexpectedly carved the path for the world’s most famous (and now disgraced) congressman. The Gatsby-esque journey of a man from nowhere who exploited the system, waged war on truth and swindled one of the wealthiest districts in the country to achieve his American Dream.”

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wrong Theory posted:

*snorts a line of coke* Get Chris Pratt on the line right now, I've got an idea.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/george-santos-movie-in-development-hbo-films-1235819803/

What a tremendous, original idea. Let's reward this rear end in a top hat by buying the rights to his life story!

What will Hollywood think of next?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
No one will be interested in a movie by they time they turn around the production.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

CBJSprague24 posted:

What a tremendous, original idea. Let's reward this rear end in a top hat by buying the rights to his life story!

What will Hollywood think of next?

TBF the rights are for the story and journalist wrote about him. Santos (so far) isn’t getting a dime.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Platystemon posted:

No one will be interested in a movie by they time they turn around the production.

I dunno, I think that with a good writer, the poo poo Santos has done could be a timeless comedy of fraud.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It was inevitable

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Wrong Theory posted:

I hope they name it Unreliable Narrator the Santos "Story"

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://x.com/AFP/status/1731504688607142194?s=20

Looks like multipolarity's back on the menu, boys.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Hannibal Rex posted:

https://x.com/AFP/status/1731504688607142194?s=20

Looks like multipolarity's back on the menu, boys.

Yeah, they're going to loving invade.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

What's the opposite of the 'exit' in Brexit?

Is this... Venter? Venterzuela?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vennexation. Or maybe just Vexation.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Midjack posted:

Vennexation. Or maybe just Vexation.

Or if they gently caress it up badly enough, Veneznam.

Sy Borg
Sep 20, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Quackles posted:

What's the opposite of the 'exit' in Brexit?

Is this... Venter? Venterzuela?

Pirates of Venzance.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Today I learned Guayana is not a state in Africa, so you might imagine my confusion when I saw Venezuela laying territorial claims.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

What is going on there's like a major new war starting once a week now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nuclear Tourist posted:

The gods are playing Twilight Struggle, and they keep drawing card 36.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Everyone has finally realized they can get away with beating the poo poo out of their neighbors and nobody will do anything about it. We'll see if the PRC government can restrain themselves or if they lose their cool and go for Taiwan before year's end.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Defenestrategy posted:

Today I learned Guayana is not a state in Africa, so you might imagine my confusion when I saw Venezuela laying territorial claims.

You’d be forgiven. Guayana reads and sounds a lot like Guinea, of which in Africa you have Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, and Guinea-Bissau, none of which should be confused with Papua New Guinea, which is located in Asia.

Minor aside: I had absolutely incredible oysters when I went to Guinea-Bissau.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Nuclear Tourist posted:

24-hour news cycle, baby! If you can make it to the weekend you're golden!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

warmongers banking on turmoil elsewhere distracting the big boys from playing World Police

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
same meme, except homer's labeled "folks whose sole knowledge of fukuyama comes from lazy af memes which fundamentally misconstrue his message" and bart's "folks who've actually read and understood fukuyama"

There's plenty of good critique to be had with the proposal he advanced, but brazenly mistaking it for "utopia is here, nothing will happen henceforth" is just dumb.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Everyone knows that he was like “oh BTW the world might descend into dark ages of multiple centuries, but ultimately liberal democracies will prevail”.

He’s not even wrong, because he’s nonfalsifiable.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

pantslesswithwolves posted:

You’d be forgiven. Guayana reads and sounds a lot like Guinea, of which in Africa you have Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, and Guinea-Bissau, none of which should be confused with Papua New Guinea, which is located in Asia.

Minor aside: I had absolutely incredible oysters when I went to Guinea-Bissau.

There's also French Guinana in South America, just to continue the confusion.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Former US Ambassador to Bolivia got picked up on espionage charges on Friday. First court appearance is today.

https://apnews.com/article/fbi-cuba-bolivia-former-ambassador-arrested-af9d80a4f268099364dff249dd74b3ec

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I originally thought this was a joke, but it's been confirmed through multiple media sources.

https://twitter.com/wsteaks/status/1731737638187532505

Do not give George Santos your credit card number, even if it's via Cameo.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Handsome Ralph posted:

Former US Ambassador to Bolivia got picked up on espionage charges on Friday. First court appearance is today.

https://apnews.com/article/fbi-cuba-bolivia-former-ambassador-arrested-af9d80a4f268099364dff249dd74b3ec

LOL

“I want to remind the Bolivian electorate that if they vote for those who want Bolivia to return to exporting cocaine, that will seriously jeopardize any future aid to Bolivia from the United States,″ Rocha said in a speech that was widely interpreted as a an attempt to sustain U.S. dominance in the region.

The gambit angered Bolivians and gave Morales a last-minute boost. When he was finally elected three years later, the leftist leader expelled Rocha’s successor as chief of the diplomatic mission for inciting “civil war.”

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

facialimpediment posted:

I originally thought this was a joke, but it's been confirmed through multiple media sources.

Do not give George Santos your credit card number, even if it's via Cameo.

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1731786514512671228

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

lol this guys team is the best

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Midjack posted:

Everyone has finally realized they can get away with beating the poo poo out of their neighbors and nobody will do anything about it. We'll see if the PRC government can restrain themselves or if they lose their cool and go for Taiwan before year's end.

I think Taiwan is safe for at least 2 more years. #1 reasoning being they have another large carrier still under construction and I imagine their plan is to have that available when they launch the existential conflict it's meant for.

#2 they also need to see what the hell the 2024 election brings. Even if Trump gets in, he might soft-ball with Russia but he's a lot more aggressive towards China rhetorically, so they'll need to see what's what before attacking.

Things are getting hot now but Taiwan would be one of the most difficult invasions in history. And China just watched their buddy royally botch what should have been a much easier invasion. They will wait until they are reasonably sure they are ready.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I swear that this tale from elsewhere on the forums is not a shaggy dog yarn.

quote:

In 2005 or 2006, I was working at a bar, while at school. It was one of three bars at that school. Every Thursday late night, the law students would swarm the place. A few of them were really bad drunks. One night there was a student we'd had a problem with before. He was caught either pissing in a sorta private seating area, or groped one of the waitresses rear end. He was confronted and a fight starts. The boyfriend of the waitress punches the guy in the face, and he gets dragged out the front. In the fracas, he grabs a server and gets him in a choke-hold.
We have him out and held down, but he won't release the server, and the police across the street aren't doing anything. So I grab both of his l legs, lift and spread them. I warn him that of he doesn't let go, I'm going to kick him in the nuts. He doesn't let go, and keeps going on about how he's gonna sue us and "do you know who my dad is?!" I warn him a second time to let go of the server. He still doesn't let go. So I gas pedaled him right in the dick. Hard. He doubles over and ask me why. I mean I warned him, it was pretty obvious why. The police finally jump into action and arrest him, drunk in public.
My friends and I would would always bring this story up from time to time, because of the way in which I resolved the situation and how bad of a night that dude had. It wasnt until a couple of months ago that I had finally connected the dots, after seeing a mug shot of Matt Gaetz. I've discussed it with two others involved in the incident and we're certain the guy was Matt Gaetz.
Whenever he's pissing you off, just remember, Matt Gaetz had his dick curb stomped by a bartender, while getting thrown out of a bar.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/04/dutch-media-report-claim-boris-johnson-planned-raid-on-vaccine-plant-in-2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Also Boris:

Boris Johnson wanted to be injected with Covid live on TV, inquiry told

Covid inquiry also heard how Boris Johnson would rather ‘let the bodies pile high’ than order second lockdown

But wait, there’s more:

Britain’s COVID Inquiry Includes Trove of Extremely NSFW Evidence

quote:

In Tuesday’s evidence, a lawyer for the inquiry showed passages from the 2020 diaries of Sir Patrick Vallance, the British government’s former chief scientific adviser. In one excerpt, Vallance wrote that Johnson was “obsessed with older people accepting their fate and letting the young get on with life and the economy going.”
“[Johnson] says his party ‘thinks the whole thing is pathetic and Covid is just nature’s way of dealing with old people—and I am not entirely sure I disagree with them,’” Vallance quoted Johnson as saying in another entry. In a third, written in December 2020, Vallance wrote: “Chief whip [a senior political official charged with maintaining party discipline] says ‘I think we should let the old people get it and protect others.’ PM says ‘a lot of my backbenchers think that and I must say I agree with them.’”

Later in the proceedings, the inquiry heard evidence from Dominic Cummings—Johnson’s former chief adviser who has relentlessly attacked Johnson and the U.K. government’s handling of the pandemic since he left his role in November 2020.

One WhatsApp message sent from Cummings to Johnson in August of that year said: “At the moment the [Westminster] bubble thinks youve taken your eye off ball, youre happy to have useless fuckpigs in charge, and they think that a vast amount of the chaotic news on the front pages is coming from no10 when in fact it’s coming from the Cabinet who are ferral.”

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Also Boris:

[url=https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-inquiry-boris-johnson-rishi-sunak-b2443316.html]Boris Johnson wanted to be injected with Covid live on TV, inquiry told

Why were we denied this