Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
*snorts a line of coke* Get Chris Pratt on the line right now, I've got an idea.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/george-santos-movie-in-development-hbo-films-1235819803/

quote:

A movie about George Santos is in the works at HBO Films, Variety has confirmed.

HBO Films has optioned the rights to Mark Chiusano’s book “The Fabulist: The Lying, Hustling, Grifting, Stealing, and Very American Legend of George Santos,” which was published on Nov. 28. The film comes from Frank Rich, who executive produced the HBO series “Veep” and “Succession.” Mike Makowsky (“Bad Education”) is set to write the screenplay for the George Santos movie, which he will also executive produce with Rich. Chiusano will serve as a consulting producer.

The film is described as a “forensic and darkly comic look” at the unprecedented congressional race in Long Island, NY, that led to Santos being elected to Congress.

Per the official logline, the film tells “the story of a seemingly minor local race that wound up a battle for the soul of Long Island, and unexpectedly carved the path for the world’s most famous (and now disgraced) congressman. The Gatsby-esque journey of a man from nowhere who exploited the system, waged war on truth and swindled one of the wealthiest districts in the country to achieve his American Dream.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

You done messed up Ay-Ay-Ron!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw

Also, so much for the party of small government! :smugdon:

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

What is even the point of that? Other than the inevitable price increase for the same service? At this point I really wouldn't trust twitter with my CC info.