Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

To honor a tradition of the PFLP select a flight hijacking from this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_hijackings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

July 23, 1968: To date, the only successful El Al hijacking attempt, as three members of Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) hijacked El Al Flight 426 from Rome to Tel Aviv. Diverting to Algiers, the negotiations extended over forty days. Both the hijackers and the hostages went free.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

September 9, 1970: As part of the Dawson's Field hijackings by PFLP members, BOAC Flight 775, a Vickers VC10 coming from Bahrain, was hijacked by a PFLP sympathizer and brought to Dawson's Field in order to pressure the British to free Leila Khaled.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
September 13, 1948: A T.A.E. commercial flight from Athens to Thessaloniki was hijacked by six young communists who asked the pilots to fly to Yugoslavia. The airplane landed near Skopje and, after the hijackers departed, the airplane returned to Greece. The 1987 film The Noose is based on this story.[20][21]

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

March 31, 1970: Japan Airlines Flight 351, carrying 131 passengers and 7 crew from Tokyo to Fukuoka, was hijacked by Japanese-born North Korean terrorists. 23 passengers were freed at Fukuoka Airport, mainly children and the elderly. 108 passengers and all crew members, along with the terrorists, left Fukuoka, bound for Gimpo Airport, near Seoul. Three days later, the Red Army Faction asked to be flown to North Korean capital Pyongyang, before leaving from Seoul, 103 passenger and crew hostages were freed, and the terrorists surrendered to North Korean authorities.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

July 24, 1961: An Eastern Air Lines airplane, performing Eastern Flight 202, was hijacked during a flight between Miami, Florida, and Dallas, Texas. The plane was flown to Cuba, and all occupants were allowed to return to the United States.[35] Among the passengers were world champion boxer Luis Manuel Rodriguez, among with his training staff.[36]

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
February 22, 1972: Lufthansa Flight 649, a Boeing 747-200 from Tokyo to Frankfurt, is hijacked by a group commandeered by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) during the Delhi-Athens leg and forced to divert to Aden, where all 182 passengers and crew were released on the next day in exchange for a $5 million ransom.[82]

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
United StatesJune 4, 1971—Glen Elmo Riggs, 58 years old, a retired coal miner from Ashford, West Virginia. hijacked a United Airlines 737 jet and demanded to be flown to Israel. He was captured at Dulles International Airport when the flight engineer, acting on the advice of a psychiatrist in the control tower, talked the hijacker into giving up his pistol. The crew convinced him that the short‐haul, two‐engine 737 was incapable of such a long flight and landed their craft at Dulles—exactly one year after a gunfight ended another attempted hijacking.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Soiled Meat
August 2, 1970: Pan American World Airways Flight 299 from New York to San Juan was hijacked to Havana with 379 people aboard. This was the first hijacking of a Boeing 747 and the first Boeing 747 to land in Cuba. The captain of the flight was met by Cuban Premier Fidel Castro.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

October 8, 1969: a Cruzeiro do Sul Sud Aviation SE-210 Caravelle VI R en route from Belém-Val de Cães to Manaus-Ponta Pelada was hijacked by 4 people who demanded to be flown to Cuba. The hijack lasted less than a day and there were no casualties.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

March 30, 1971: Philippine Airlines flight was hijacked in March 1971 by six students from the Mindanao State University, opposed to the government of Ferdinand Marcos. The plane landed in Guangzhou, Guangdong, and the Chinese authorities let the students stay in the country. The plane was then allowed to fly back to the Philippines. No one was hurt.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
December 11, 1969: a Korean Air Lines YS-11 en route from Gangneung to Seoul-Gimpo was hijacked by a North Korean agent and flown to North Korea. All four crew members and seven of the 46 other passengers (excluding the agent) were held hostage by North Korea; their fate is still unknown.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Average emcees is like a TV blooper
LPZ, he's like D.B. Cooper
Out with the moolah,

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
CSPAM having a normal one

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

CSPAM having a normal one

shut up and sit down, if everyone cooperates we'll reach the end of this thread without any trouble

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

September 11, 2001 — flight 93 is hijacked by alqueda terrorists and headed towards the white house. dick cheney scrambles his personal f16 and obliterates the plane with extreme prejudice— bringing new meaning to the phrase “getting dicked down”. it was the obvious choice, totally justified, anyone would have made the same call, but we still came up with a bunch of weird lies to cover this up.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
this dude

October 22, 2023: Horizon Air Flight 2059 was diverted to Portland International Airport in Oregon, after an off-duty male pilot riding jump seat in the cockpit of a Horizon Embraer E175 reportedly pulled the engine fire extinguisher handles, which would cut the fuel supply and cause a flameout if they were fully deployed. The crew was able to subdue him, prevent an engine flameout (by resetting the "T-handle" that controlled the fire suppression system), and landed safely. Joseph David Emerson was later arrested in Portland and charged with 83 counts of attempted murder, 83 counts of reckless endangerment and 1 count of endangering an aircraft.[192][193]

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

e:

lol

ELTON JOHN has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Dec 2, 2023

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Buck Wildman posted:

shut up and sit down, if everyone cooperates we'll reach the end of this thread without any trouble

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Epic goonsir. Up votes and gold to you.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Thirty years later, Rickards would become the first pilot to be hijacked twice, when Continental Airlines Flight 54 was seized on August 3, 1961.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

i say swears online posted:

Thirty years later, Rickards would become the first pilot to be hijacked twice, when Continental Airlines Flight 54 was seized on August 3, 1961.

maybe selling clams by the beach was a better dream after all

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

March 28, 1981: The hijacking of Flight Garuda Indonesia Flight 206. The first major Indonesian airline hijacking. The hijackers, a group called Commando Jihad, hijacked the DC 9 "Woyla", en route from Palembang to Medan, and ordered the pilot to fly the plane to Colombo, Sri Lanka. But since the plane did not have enough fuel, it refueled in Penang, Malaysia and again in Don Muang, Thailand. The hijackers demanded the release of Commando Jihad members imprisoned in Indonesia, and US$1.5 million, as well as a plane to take those prisoners to an unspecified destination. The plane was eventually stormed by Kopassus commandos. One commando was shot by the hijackers' leader, who then shot himself; all the other hijackers were killed. All the hostages were saved

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

what's the one where air force one was hijacked? I can't see it listed anywhere

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

CODChimera posted:

what's the one where air force one was hijacked? I can't see it listed anywhere

stolen not hijacked, right?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
October 31, 1969: TWA Flight 85 en route from Los Angeles to San Francisco was hijacked by 19-year-old US Marine Raffaele Minichiello [it]. All passengers, including the band Harper's Bizarre and three flight attendants, were released in Denver. The hijacker, three pilots and a flight attendant continued on to JFK airport in New York, where two pilots were added for the overseas flight. The plane refueled in Bangor, Maine and Shannon, Ireland, before continuing to Rome, Italy. In Rome, Minichiello took the chief of the airport police as a hostage and departed in a car, from which he slipped away, but was caught shortly thereafter.[48] Minichiello intended to visit his dying father in Italy. Italy did not extradite Minichiello and he served only 18 months in jail.[49] Covering 6,900 miles, this was the longest (by distance) hijacking in history. A provisional film deal about the escapade has been signed.[50]

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
has a woman ever hijacked a plane I think not

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

slave to my cravings posted:

has a woman ever hijacked a plane I think not

Leila Khaled did but that’s a dudes rock thing anyways.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
leila khaled ftw

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

February 22, 1974: At Baltimore/Washington International Airport Samuel Byck shot and killed Maryland Aviation Administration Police Officer George Neal Ramsburg before storming Delta Air Lines Flight 523 to Atlanta. When informed by pilots Reese (Doug) Loftin and Fred Jones they could not take off until wheel blocks were removed, he shot them both and grabbed a nearby passenger, ordering her to "fly the plane." Jones died as he was being removed from the aircraft after the event was concluded; Byck was mortally wounded when Charles Troyer, an Anne Arundel County police officer on the jetway, stormed the plane and fired four shots through the aircraft door at Byck with a .357 Magnum revolver taken from the deceased Ramsburg. Two of the shots penetrated the thick window of the aircraft door and wounded Byck. Before the police could gain entry to the aircraft, Byck committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. Byck's motive was to hijack the aircraft and crash it into the White House, in an assassination attempt on President Richard Nixon.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
1961: Hijackers forced an aircraft to circle Lisbon to drop leaflets against the Estado Novo regime. After that, the 6 hijackers forced the crew to fly them back to Morocco.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ohtori Akio posted:

leila khaled ftw

The name of Sandton Drive in Johannesburg, South Africa was controversially changed to Leila Khaled Drive by vote of the city council on November 29, 2018.[30] The American consulate in Johannesburg is located on the street.[31]

lol

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

i say swears online posted:

The name of Sandton Drive in Johannesburg, South Africa was controversially changed to Leila Khaled Drive by vote of the city council on November 29, 2018.[30] The American consulate in Johannesburg is located on the street.[31]

lol

lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

May 3, 1986: The Taiwanese pilot of China Airlines Flight 334 subdued his two crew mates on board the cargo flight to Bangkok, Thailand, and flew the plane to Guangzhou, mainland China, where he defected. The incident triggered the isolationist ROC government to reopen cross-strait negotiations and eventually scrap its Three Noes policy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

March 31, 1970: Japan Airlines Flight 351, carrying 131 passengers and 7 crew from Tokyo to Fukuoka, was hijacked by Japanese-born North Korean terrorists. 23 passengers were freed at Fukuoka Airport, mainly children and the elderly. 108 passengers and all crew members, along with the terrorists, left Fukuoka, bound for Gimpo Airport, near Seoul. Three days later, the Red Army Faction asked to be flown to North Korean capital Pyongyang, before leaving from Seoul, 103 passenger and crew hostages were freed, and the terrorists surrendered to North Korean authorities.

wow! secret koreans!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

December 14, 1972: Quebecair Flight 321 en route to Toronto was hijacked by Larry Maxwell Stanford and diverted to Montreal where the hijacker surrendered.

fizziest
Nov 5, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
March 26, 1991: Singapore Airlines Flight 117 was hijacked en route from Subang Airport to Singapore Changi Airport by 4 individuals claiming to be members of the Pakistan Peoples Party. Elite Singapore Special Operations Force members stormed the plane on 27 March, killing all four hijackers and freeing all 114 passengers and 11 crew in an operation lasting just 30 seconds. None of the passengers and crew was injured.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

October 15, 1970: Aeroflot Flight 244 was hijacked from Batumi, Adjar ASSR, Georgian SSR, to Trabzon, Turkey by a Lithuanian national and his son. An air hostess was killed and several other crew members were injured in a shootout. The hijackers later received American citizenship.

Chaser: In 2002, Algirdas (now known as Albert Victor White) was convicted in Santa Monica of murdering his 77-year-old father Pranas (by then known as Frank White) during a family argument.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
April 7, 1994: FedEx Flight 705 experienced an attempted hijack by disgruntled employee Auburn Calloway as it left Memphis, Tennessee, with the intention of crashing it after being fired the previous day. He was subdued by the flight crew before an emergency landing back at Memphis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

July 10, 1977: Two gunmen hijacked a domestic Soviet flight with the intention of flying to Sweden, but were forced to land in Finland due to lack of fuel. They eventually surrendered and were extradited back to the Soviet Union.