Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Posting to bookmark. I have actually had fun watching this nets team through a weird opening to the season. I'm surprised they're at .500 but they aren't going to keep it. Bridges has had some spectacular performances, pretty much single handedly ran the floor during that OT against Atlanta which was dope.

Looking over their last 5 they were really only 3 points away from a 5 game streak. Maybe they will make the play-in games after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
We should talk about how the Utah team needs to give the Jazz moniker back to New Orleans.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
lmao at putting Draymond in the weak side corner for the final possession of the game. That's really how you drew it up Kerr?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Papercut posted:

lmao at putting Draymond in the weak side corner for the final possession of the game. That's really how you drew it up Kerr?

draymond and klay are so cooked now i almost feel bad for steph. almost.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
These have been increasingly fun to watch:
https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/1731092978037305831

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://x.com/laclippers/status/1731093549578588277

ooo wee

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

No OT 2nite

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Os Furoris posted:

Well that’s not cricket.

this might be a good test case for the NBA to really tackle this issue

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Draymond Green
https://twitter.com/basketbllnews/status/1731091408248049807

https://twitter.com/KentrelUTD/status/1731094360941273151

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Goin for that strip sack and already complaining to the ref before getting up.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

That's a legal hit

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bip Roberts posted:

No OT 2nite

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Draymond should play AFL that’s a great tackle

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Return of JACKED UP

Glad the Wolves could pull off the W tonight despite looking pretty cruddy. Credit for Charlotte for showing up, but mentally this Wolves team is so much better than they were the past few years (ever).

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Seams posted:

Draymond should play AFL that’s a great tackle

He loses potency when others are allowed to react

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

What we are so close to bringing up Age of consent laws

Os Furoris posted:

Is “19 year old wants to gently caress 17 year old” really that scandalous?

Sports league disciplinary committees and leaders tend to be older dudes who probably aren't interested in listening to DEI officers or ethics & compliance, so I can imagine league office conversations about the Giddey matter having some of this.

Looking up "NBA disciplinary committee" brings up the Nigerian Bar Association and articles about their "baddie" lawyer, though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Wolves got a combined 77 points from the Triple Towers in today's win, which I think is pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1730056246521114718

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Naz Reid:16

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Warriors announcers: That's a travel!! That's 2 travels!!

As Draymond tackles a player to the ground.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Warriors Announcers are really, really bad.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

steph cant even get to .500 without jordan poole carrying him

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Steph should request a trade to some team that has a future, like the spurs

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lockback posted:

Warriors Announcers are really, really bad.

When Chet hit that 3 to tie the game the other week the announcers were saying “he might’ve been touching the line!” As the replay showed he was like two feet behind it

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

The Wolves got a combined 77 points from the Triple Towers in today's win, which I think is pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1730056246521114718

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Giddey:15

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I honestly expect all the team announcers to be wild homers and am always surprised at how reasonable some of them are.

Os Furoris
Aug 19, 2002

I expect them to be homers but I also expect them to appreciate beautiful basketball and acknowledge the reality people are watching at home. The warriors guys live inside an alternate universe.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I don’t think that was the warriors announcer on the draymond clip

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Lol, fitz did make the same point though (and is annoying).
Guess Dray was actually wronged. They don't let you play defense anymore.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I mean, they’re not wrong. Draymond tackling the dude is clearly unreasonable, but it happens after like five seconds of the guy staggering around the court trying to defend the ball. Blow the whistle and either call a travel or a jump.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Ok, good to know I'm not crazy. Hometown announcers have the job of being a homer for their team, but I swear to god anytime I watch a Warriors game on league pass the color commentator just yells fowl on the opposing team every play.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

temple posted:

I don’t think that was the warriors announcer on the draymond clip

yeah sounds like Mike Fratello but I have no clue what Fratello is up to now adays

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ghost Dog posted:

steph cant even get to .500 without jordan poole carrying him

wow!

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

but he spent the summer doing hosed up deadlifts while wearing crocs, it was going to cure him, we all saw the video??

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Never trust an Aussie basketball player

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I been ballin so drat hard, I swear I think that I'm Coby

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/CHGO_Bulls/status/1731151739049463895

Bulls are back.

Zach Lavine in the dirt.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

WhyteRyce posted:

Never trust an Aussie basketball player

do Aussies written contracts get Australian versions filled with the C-word every noun so it makes sense to them?

I've had a variety of Aussie room mates back in the day for years

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Zach LaVine is a loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1731151955706146838

Bulls Best player and a fan.