Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
Moody should be sent to Dallas so I can finally stop silently grousing about them passing on Arkansas players that can actually help them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Pull the trigger cowards

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Kerr sucks, never had the locker room, only one Warriors ring counts, everyones overrated but Curry, Draymond was never a good defender he just hacks and is active, Durant saved the franchise, Blue Warrior man was a better theme, and other hating topics next to trigger a monkeu rereg

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

:eyepop:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I’m not an X and Os wizard, just a guy with league pass. But as cool as the jokic half court shot was, that was a total dud of an inbound play.

Toss it to jokic 60ft from the hoop, everyone else walk slowly towards the opponents baseline, idk.

Like I can’t see any world where that play results in a better look than the one they got (which was not good, even if it went in)

I guess they were tied so if you brick it it’s not so bad. but at the same time a 2 wins the game, surely you can try and set up a higher % shot with 4 seconds and the ball at half court.

Because that wasn't the play, the Warriors blew it up. I think the play was Jamal down the sideline (maybe with a weakside cut coming from the other side) and if they didn't have that it was supposed to be Jokic coming out and then passing it to Murray (again, I assume he'd cut across for a jumper around the FT line). That's a good two-action play because a lot of times guys sag off when they see they stopped the first pass, so the 2nd pass to Murray would be open. Except the Warriors sniffed it out and kinda trapped him on the baseline and he couldn't get out. So now Jokic caught the ball but had no cutter on his side, and the weakside guys weren't supposed to get in the way if it was plan B, so Jokic just had to dribble and launch it.

It was good defense by Golden State, Jokic is just a ridiculous player.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

wow wow wow Davion is available someone is going to jump on that

Like what would the Kings be looking for right now? An actually good three and d wing?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Trey_Mitchell3/status/1743145878527824018

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Doltos posted:

Kerr sucks, never had the locker room, only one Warriors ring counts, everyones overrated but Curry, Draymond was never a good defender he just hacks and is active, Durant saved the franchise, Blue Warrior man was a better theme, and other hating topics
Don't stop

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Doltos posted:

Kerr sucks, never had the locker room, only one Warriors ring counts, everyones overrated but Curry, Draymond was never a good defender he just hacks and is active, Durant saved the franchise, Blue Warrior man was a better theme, and other hating topics next to trigger a monkeu rereg

The We Believe Oakland Warriors are an infinitely more likable team than crypto-slinging wanna be tech bro hacks San Francisco Warriors.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Free kuminga

dokmo posted:

More recently, Mathurin and Jabari Smith both came into the draft with high level shooting on their resume and shot like poo poo in their rookie seasons.

Yeah but this is supposed to be gradeys 1 skill like why do you think he's struggling so much? I'm just surprised it was so bad

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

Like what would the Kings be looking for right now? An actually good three and d wing?

Yes but theoretically now that Murray has made a leap defensively and has shown he can guard perimeter players, a large wing or scoring 4 is an option. Size and athleticism is the real Achilles heel of the team and why teams like NO and Minnesota continually pants them

Scoring is actually an issue now even though it may not look like it. With Huerter in a never ending slump, Murray being up and down, and Barnes often MIA it’s now typically down to Fox, Sabonis, and Monk going bananas. They may not need Lavine but someone who can consistently put the ball in the basket may be easier to get and still needed

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

nachos posted:

My personal NOT THIS GUY!!!! Is Derrick white god I hate him so much

I'm glad I'm not alone.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I’m not an X and Os wizard, just a guy with league pass. But as cool as the jokic half court shot was, that was a total dud of an inbound play.

Toss it to jokic 60ft from the hoop, everyone else walk slowly towards the opponents baseline, idk.

Like I can’t see any world where that play results in a better look than the one they got (which was not good, even if it went in)

I guess they were tied so if you brick it it’s not so bad. but at the same time a 2 wins the game, surely you can try and set up a higher % shot with 4 seconds and the ball at half court.

Giving Jokic a bullshit 3 with the clock winding down is actually one of the best plays in the league. Watch the tape.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1660843926104711169

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Warriors show up to find that Festus Ezeli is in the locker room and has been Activated.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://x.com/KCJHoop/status/1743321957922193796?s=20

if you want to help, then go play for the los Angeles Lakers you dingus.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

loooooooooooool

https://twitter.com/anthonyvslater/status/1743370006363287738

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one way for Zach to contribute is not to suck rear end, sulk, quit on the team, and then demand a trade. gently caress off!!!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm melting down
https://x.com/KCJHoop/status/1743330615355646116?s=20

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I’m loving the arc of Bulls fans here this season. I hope Lavine comes back and plays well for another fun twist.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Jonathan Toeminga

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

leftist heap posted:

I’m loving the arc of Bulls fans here this season. I hope Lavine comes back and plays well for another fun twist.

I think he'll be fine.

Like the biggest problem, is that Zach is not like an rear end in a top hat or a bad guy. He just has a bad default he goes to when things go bad. which is compounded when he himself is struggling.

When things on the team and with him are going bad, his default is "I gotta do all this poo poo myself" which when playing on a team with Denzel and Zipser makes sense(Which is why the worst thing you can do is let a talented offensive player get bad habits by playing with abject garbage for as long as the bulls did)

So the Bulls where literally everyone on the team had a terrible start from Demar, to Zach, to Coby, to Pat, to Vuc, to Ayo. Played like poo poo and Zach while playing like poo poo felt like things were falling apart and tried to do the pure iso hero ball poo poo which since he was also sucking didn't work.

Then Zach gets injured, Demar misses a game or two, the kids show out, and the rest of december is Demar and the kids having a big ol' regression(progression?) to their mean month.

If Zach returns to his mean of last year, he will once again be a very very good efficient offensive player.

If Zach plays better and shoots better than like the loving 30% or whatever he's shooting from 3 this year, which is comically lower than his career average, he will fit seamlessly into what they are trying to do.

They desperately need Vooch back tho.

https://twitter.com/mkhoops/status/1742908747326861656

This bulls team is incredibly funny.

All 3 of their "all-star" players. Suck poo poo, no offense

2 of their "all star" players. Hey pretty good and fun.

1 of their "all-star" players. oh god no offense

I like making jokes at Zach's expense, but like I don't blame him for saying "he'd be open to a trade"

Because
1. I agree that the Bulls should have traded him or others last year.
2. The team was sucking poo poo.
3. The Bulls have clearly been trying to trade him for the past 2 years, and asking seemingly for a poo poo ton, Not particularly secretly. And Zach's been the good solider. This is just him essentially saying "I also agree with the front office that they should trade me"

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 5, 2024

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This is all truth.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Reminds me of his time in Minnesota where he was frequently tossed on the court and told to make something happen, to predictable results.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://x.com/nekiasnba/status/1743143687784124624

Cheatcode Shrek is fun it is a shame I must root for his defeat because Mike Malone has blasphemed Lebron

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

leftist heap posted:

That’s the best part - no matter what happens it will be entertaining for us

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Azathoth posted:

Reminds me of his time in Minnesota where he was frequently tossed on the court and told to make something happen, to predictable results.

He was good when not put in the primary play-making role. ZACH LAVINE IS NOT A POINT GUARD was a commonly posted thing in GDTs.

Honestly, if a decent play-off bound team that already has solid playmaking can snag him it might be a huge steal. Those teams usually can't swing for a max/near max in season though.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

He was good when not put in the primary play-making role. ZACH LAVINE IS NOT A POINT GUARD was a commonly posted thing in GDTs.

Honestly, if a decent play-off bound team that already has solid playmaking can snag him it might be a huge steal. Those teams usually can't swing for a max/near max in season though.

The contract requires the team to be gutted unless a third team can get involved but I’m on one of the lonely “Zach actually makes sense on the Kings” proponents

Fox and Sabonis are the play makers so Zach is just a finisher here. And oh he doesn’t play defense? He’s replacing Huerter who can’t defend or score right now.

Losing Barnes and Huerter means Lyles moves to the starting lineup and Sasha finally gets some playing time, another added bonus

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lockback posted:

Yeah, he's absolutely a player that can start on a playoff team. I just don't see how any of those teams can salary match him on a trade and not come away worse unless the Bulls are willing to let him go for a passel of expiring contracts, which seems unlikely to say the least.

Like I can see why the Kings would want to trade Barnes and Huerter for LaVine but it's hard to see why Chicago would take that trade.

Best bet for something getting done is probably something that sends DLo plus others to Chicago but that's basically a variation on dumping LaVine for expiring contracts because the Lakers aren't going to be able to give back anything but mediocre rotation guys.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Haha K von is th3 Kings problem now. Just like JC is the Jazz's problem. Muhahaha atl 5d chess

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

That's why I've been looking at the Warriors.

I would be willing to take back CP3 for 2 years. Maybe buy him out. Maybe let him be a mentor to the kids. But otherwise would take Moody and Kuminga, and one of their other young guys for Zach and Caruso.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kuminga's been hearing bullshit for 2+ years about how it's about Sacrificing and it's for The Team and The Championships and he did all that and has been improving and growing and still getting nowhere in terms of his standing with the team. now he sees some other rookie coming in and immediately getting what Kuminga always wanted.

Kuminga's first season: 16.9 MPG, second season: 20.8 MPG, current season: 22.1 MPG.
Brandin Podziemski this year: 23.6 MPG

little broccoli headed rear end dork comes in and immediately gets more run than Kummy has ever had, where's Brandin's Sacrifice he had to make? why didn't he have to pay any of his dues?

Kuminga first season: 70 games played, 12 starts
Kuminga second season: 67 games played, 16 starts
Kuminga this season: 33 games played, 12 starts, on pace for 80 and 29

Podziemski this year: 28 games played, 8 starts, on pace for 68 and 20

Jonathan Kuminga had to earn every game played, every start. Podz just got it all handed to him. of course Kuminga's gonna be pissed. Kerr really hosed it on this one imo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/PlayoffShai/status/1743355774787862816

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

LaVine to the Thunder, I’m gonna keep saying it until it happens.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

LaVine to the Thunder, I’m gonna keep saying it until it happens.

Please don't, if you do there are probably gonna be a bunch of reports from Metapod in the queue.

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1743416078351425674

"He sees that the rest of the team has stopped playing like assholes, biggest thing for him is to stop playing like an rear end in a top hat and read the floor"

Dexo fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 6, 2024

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kings and Warriors both make sense (though Bulls will need to want what Kings send back). Lakers less so in my mind but who knows. OKC wouldn't be a greta fit, why would OKC gut what they're doing, and I don't even know what contracts they'd send back. bertans and...????

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

Kings and Warriors both make sense (though Bulls will need to want what Kings send back). Lakers less so in my mind but who knows. OKC wouldn't be a greta fit, why would OKC gut what they're doing, and I don't even know what contracts they'd send back. bertans and...????

Bulls wouldn't do it without Murray, and I'm pretty sure the Kings would not want Murray in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

like your grade school principal throwing one up.