Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Looks like the trailer for the widely anticipated new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is being released on Tuesday. The GTA games have traditionally followed an '"Open World" gameplay style which allows the playable character full freedom to immerse themselves in the world of the game - with cities ranging from Vice City to San Andreas. What are some gameplay or location features you'd like to see in the new installment?

I'd like to see:
-The ability to get on a bus and ride from location to location similar to a taxi
-The ability to pick a building or store and work there
-Real-time construction of buildings
-Gyms you can work out in - with visible changes to the musculature of the playable character
-A Sims-like structure where you can talk to and interact with pedestrians to learn more about the game environment
-A carnival-like setting with playable games and a rollercoaster the playable character can ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Got The Aids

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I'm hoping for either multiple cities joined by a lot of rural areas to have fun in. GTA IV had a really great environment but it needed a place just to go apeshit in and let the sandbox take over. And a load of hidden/out of the way missions to extend gameplay.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
- can run for political office and govern the city
- real time digestive system for all characters, including toilet requirements. plan ahead before starting a mission!
- bullets cost $0.01 each and can only be purchased using real money
- don't mod the game or rockstar burns your house down with you inside it

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
A poo poo meter so you have to strategize around avoiding bathroom breaks in the middle of a heist. There can be a speed run category to finish the whole game before you poop your pants.

e;fb somehow

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007
I just want to be able to give the car back after being done borrowing it...

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
- stickin out your gyatt for the rizzler

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
1) a PC port
2) actually interesting characters/storyline.
3) removal of the obligatory “follow this car but not too close otherwise you’ll be spotted” and the “chase this car but you can’t actually catch it until you pass the gauntlet of scripted interruptions” missions.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Gwent but with drive bys.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big rear end fart buttom

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

instead of "hot coffee" or a similar nudity/sex related moral outrage, the main "scandal" associated with GTA VI is that the game world - loosely based on florida - is essentially one large hitman-style sandbox with the ultimate goal of assassinating ron desantis, who is represented as his actual self with no pseudonym.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

When you get to the Fort Misery/Cape Coma area my actual house is there and I can have the character come in and burn the place to the ground with characters based on my family inside it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

remember your cousin from gta 4? now you have five cousins! they text you constantly if you ignore their calls, and then they'll show up at your house just to "check up on you" but then they won't leave, they'll hang out in your kitchen eating your food and one of them will get onto your laptop and get you involved in some kind of sketchy crypto scam (undoing that bullshit is a side quest), if you leave any vehicles in your place they will disappear for hours and come back with scratches and dents. even if you dont commit any crimes in the game you will still have the cops at your place all the time looking for one or other of your cousins, or pulling over your car because one of your cousin committed a crime while driving it. if you try to do any of the main quest missions, one or more of your cousins will tag along and inevitably escalate every situation. then while you are busy dealing with the resulting police chase or gang war they caused while trying to hold up a liquor store, you'll be getting texts from the other cousins who are pissed off that you aren't showing up to play a cornhole minigame.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

That they stop making GTA games.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

More respect for women who sell sex.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Earwicker posted:

remember your cousin from gta 4? now you have five cousins! they text you constantly if you ignore their calls, and then they'll show up at your house just to "check up on you" but then they won't leave, they'll hang out in your kitchen eating your food and one of them will get onto your laptop and get you involved in some kind of sketchy crypto scam (undoing that bullshit is a side quest), if you leave any vehicles in your place they will disappear for hours and come back with scratches and dents. even if you dont commit any crimes in the game you will still have the cops at your place all the time looking for one or other of your cousins, or pulling over your car because one of your cousin committed a crime while driving it. if you try to do any of the main quest missions, one or more of your cousins will tag along and inevitably escalate every situation. then while you are busy dealing with the resulting police chase or gang war they caused while trying to hold up a liquor store, you'll be getting texts from the other cousins who are pissed off that you aren't showing up to play a cornhole minigame.

every mission completed adds an extra cousin until you have a trail of them following you everywhere like lemmings

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
the ability to poo poo cum and piss profusely and wherever i please

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

redshirt posted:

More respect for women who sell sex.

Fable II never had this problem. You can pay them for services and even marry them while they get to keep being sex workers. Rockstar is far behind the other UK game studios on this stuff and it’s sad.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Rocket launcher :twisted:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Convex posted:

every mission completed adds an extra cousin until you have a trail of them following you everywhere like lemmings

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

emSparkly posted:

Fable II never had this problem. You can pay them for services and even marry them while they get to keep being sex workers. Rockstar is far behind the other UK game studios on this stuff and it’s sad.

In your wholesome news for today, Rockstar have apparently cleaned up the 'bro' culture in the workplace, and will be more sensitive and not punch down against marginalised groups within the game

Dec 3, 2023
Oculus Quest 2 compatibility

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
-Purchasable lottery tickets with the same winning odds as IRL
-a pickleball minigame
-a story mission requiring you to place 1st in a pickleball tournament in order to unlock the ability to steal or drive cars
-go-karts
-a yeti that has a 0.00000001% chance of spawning and also the console's recording is disabled when within range
-political commentary such as the governor being named "Jon DeSuckdis"
-a president who won re-election despite currently serving a prison sentence, so there's comedy shots of him (or HER) addressing the nation from a prison cell which is decked out like the oval office
-a zone that's not-Disneyworld that you can't enter because you'll be mowed down by security drones once you climb the fence
-electric bikes, cars, and scooters randomly explode (to emphasize that they SUCK)
-a poledancing sidejob for both characters that unlocks new wardrobe outfits for each song (but only if you hit 90% of the QTE prompts)
-a fictional coffee chain named "Starfucks"
-increased sensitivity against punching down on marginalized white trash
-store owners who will pull a gun on you if you're wearing a facemask, or not wearing a mask, each has their own preference, also you can only put on a mask at the wardrobe screen (back at your house, in front of your bedroom closet on the 2nd floor at the end of the hall)
-a jetski race that goes around the entire island so it takes 3 hours to do one lap
-over 400 underwater collectables
-not-Tesla rocket launches occasionally in the distance and they explode 90% of the time
-a guy who hires you to pick up 5 pieces of rocket debris from the beach

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Basically all the stuff from the IZ thread about gta is what I’m expecting

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

More microtransactions where I can spend real money to buy virtual sport cars.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Hopefully it features zero jokes, bits, or irreverent japes and parodies. Because those have aged really badly.

Oh and more bicycles would be cool

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Fast cars, fast women and even faster men because everybody knows men are just faster runners!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Also, San Andreas is a state and not a city. Op is a loving idiot

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i want to be able to finish the missions how i want and not get a game over screen because i didnt do it exactly how rockstar wanted me to

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Also, San Andreas is a state and not a city. Op is a loving idiot

gently caress you!

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Wizard Master playing GTA

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nyan Bread posted:

Wizard Master playing GTA

*BUSTED

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i hope its fun and not boring as poo poo

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
that they let u have sex with ur own poo poo

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

you can go to a publix and get some fried chicken and beer and take it to the beach and sit on the beach eating fried chicken and drinking beer

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

two words: cyber. truck.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

As long as they keep the ability to get sucked and hosed by a hooker and then savagely murder her to get your three bucks back, I’m good honestly

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
I want Rockstar to require me to send them my personal cell number before logging into the social club and then they text me every 15 minutes for the rest of my life pretending to be my cousin and demanding that we go bowling.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
A story arc where the characters eventually grow weary of crime and decide to go legit, interspersed with open world game play where you wantonly murder pedestrians with your big rear end truck and beat hookers to death with baseball bats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

-Real-time construction of buildings

thatd be cool as heck actually