Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The photo was posted on reddit and evidently there was a description "World War two Austin The fab five: Bettye Hughes Peters (SECOND FROM LEFT) horses around with her Tri Delta sorority sisters in a UT Austin dorm room, circa 1944. Photo donated by Bettye Hughes Peters family." Bettye died in 2007, here's her obit

Also, someone colorized it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I. M. Gei posted:

If the color process is anything like what they used in that one X-Files episode, they basically tell a computer what color one or two or three items in the photo are, and the computer uses that to guess what colors everything else is. It doesn't always get them exactly right and they're always oversaturated as hell cuz the computer isn't so good at stuff like shadow and grayscale. Also the items it gets told what to color are based on peoples' memories, and this photo is from the mid-40s and all of these women were old as poo poo when it got colorized.

It was probably colorized by someone in Photoshop (I think). Someone else took a take at it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Colorization/comments/bv8k3b/sorority_sisters_trideltas_university_of_texas/

It's interesting to compare the two. I think the blonde in the back and girl on the right are better in this one and the other three are better in the first colorization.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Call Your Grandma posted:

just lol at everybody who was ignorant about sexy grandmas

I want to do a story where two people travel into the past and it messes one of them up because they aren't ready for it to be as vibrant and alive as it is.