Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

And she's going in the Five Timers Club too! You can get hype thusly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4dYZbznDo

And the secret to comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQKx2DdSuwg

This is an instance where the web version works much better than the air edit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSRVHjAVJ5s

If I were shooting a 00:15 version of this take, I'd start much closer to Stone. The push in creates a visual rhythm that undermines the punchline. It's still a hard task when you only have about 13 seconds to work with. I'd say drop the lights thing at the start too, just start tight on Stone speaking and let it linger for the next 9 seconds because that's awkward and uncomfortable and the point.

Ok enough about that. What about those Thursday promos??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S5UaN5Lhg8

And I'll add this tweet about this whole subject i wrote earlier today.

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1730886813651222958

But what about the read through pics? Surely they're here too?

No! Just the host! Cruel SNL social media poster denied us cast pics. We do however have this photo of Noah on the steps.

And in case you missed it, SNL and Emma were at the AMNH gala on Thursday, here's a photo of Lorne at an unflattering angle and a couple more for fun.

And some words on it too that I will copy for posterity

quote:

Emma Stone, Bowen Yang and Cynthia Erivo Partied in New York This Week

“Saturday Night Live” cast members attended the American Museum of Natural History gala, and the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater celebrated its 65th anniversary season.

By Katie Van Syckle and Sarah Bahr
Dec. 2, 2023

“I really want to be friends with a whale,” Mikey Day, the “Saturday Night Live” cast member, said this week as he stood inside the American Museum of Natural History and discussed his favorite displays. “They just look so magical.”

“Sorry, it’s Thursday,” he continued. “I just came from work, and my brain is fried.”

In keeping with a longstanding tradition, members of the cast of “Saturday Night Live,” deep in preparations for their upcoming show, put on tuxedos and feathery gowns to join benefactors of the American Museum of Natural History for the institution’s largest annual fund-raiser, held at the museum in Manhattan.

“It’s always a nice cast bonding moment,” the “S.N.L.” cast member Bowen Yang said on a red carpet near the large dinosaur models in the Theodore Roosevelt Rotunda. “It’s like a perfect little reception for the new people.”

The gala was chaired by Lorne Michaels, the creator and executive producer of “S.N.L.”; his wife, Alice Barry; the writer and actress, Tina Fey, who was once the show’s head writer; and her husband, the composer Jeff Richmond.
Mr. Michaels, a longtime member of the museum’s board, is such an established supporter that in 2012, a species of daddy longlegs newly identified by a museum scientist was named the Stylocellus lornei in his honor.

“That’s how you live forever, man,” said Kenan Thompson, an “S.N.L.” cast member. “I want to find a special species of praying mantis for myself.”

The event, with Seth Meyers, also an “S.N.L.” alum, as master of ceremonies, raised more than $2.5 million to support the museum’s programming. It was the first museum gala since Sean M. Decatur started as president, and since the Gilder Center, a new $465 million wing, opened this spring.

After cocktails, more than 450 attendees filled the Milstein Family Hall of Ocean Life. The crowd included Senator Chuck Schumer, Alec Baldwin, Scarlett Johansson, Colin Jost, Emma Stone, who is scheduled to host this week’s episode of “S.N.L.,” and her husband, Dave McCary, who has produced short films for the show. They sat at tables decorated with white flowers for a dinner of beet and burrata salad followed by jerk short rib, and for a live auction.

“We’ve wanted to come play this evening for many years,” Marcus Mumford told the room during dessert as his band, Mumford & Sons, performed some of its hits. The band gradually brought the crowd to its feet, and attendees in strapless ball gowns circled the stage, dancing under the long blue whale.

You can (hopefully) read the rest at the link, that's the main part of the SNL coverage.

Ah. Hmm. What else?

Oh yes! College football is coming to an end, which means that SNL Vintage returns tonight!

And leading off the epic 10th season is.... an episode from last season :geno: Keke Palmer with SZA. From December 3 2022. Ok.

Enjoy!

<3 al!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh and it appears Imgur has finally gone full-aggro in their push to force everyone to use the app and use the site as a social media platform rather than image host, as they have apparently disabled uploading from mobile browsers (which they have been making exceedingly obtuse the past few years... having to have a tab already loaded in desktop mode before you visit the site). As I will never use their app—best way to make sure of that is to try and force me to—I found another site.

https://imgchest.com/

I'm sure everyone else here already got on that train months ago but there you go. I could have sent the pics from my phone to my laptop and used imgur there but gently caress it.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I'm curious to see what cameos we get for her Five Timers induction. Tina Fey? Is Steve Martin in town?

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
"Wait, he can live up to 190 years!?"

"We don't know. Everyone who's studied them died before they did."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You had one job, clothes blur guy.

pwn
May 27, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

What happened? I must have missed it

Edit: oh chloe's, yeah they were probably still editing that video when the live show began.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

EL BROMANCE posted:

pwn posted:

What happened? I must have missed it

I noticed this, too.

They didn't blur out one of the actor's clothes in one brief scene. You can see the modesty garments.

I'm loving this episode so far.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
"Keith, what on Earth are scooter-boots?"

"What on Earth are YOU, a human dumbass?!"

Why does this song sound familiar?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Snorb posted:

Why does this song sound familiar?

Similar to the 'What's Up With That?" theme?

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

Vakal posted:

Similar to the 'What's Up With That?" theme?

No, I think Kenan sung that exact "Tweedle-de-dum" song on a previous episode, but my Swiss cheese brain's failing me.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh that, yeah they've done this one a few times.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
i enjoyed the tortoise sketch way more then i should have

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah, the cold open was kind of bad but this episode leaned into the bizarre right from the jump, and it's hilarious.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Cigarettes are so good, they're dessert for sex.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Cigarette raised a lot of good points, I hope kids were paying attention

pwn
May 27, 2004

I did the cigarettes are cool joke 15 years ago and I'm gonna take my dues

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pwn posted:

Oh and it appears Imgur has finally gone full-aggro in their push to force everyone to use the app and use the site as a social media platform rather than image host, as they have apparently disabled uploading from mobile browsers (which they have been making exceedingly obtuse the past few years... having to have a tab already loaded in desktop mode before you visit the site). As I will never use their app—best way to make sure of that is to try and force me to—I found another site.

https://imgchest.com/

I'm sure everyone else here already got on that train months ago but there you go. I could have sent the pics from my phone to my laptop and used imgur there but gently caress it.

I have the imgur app. every few months I'll try to upload a photo and it has literally never worked. either I use another random uploader that I google or I send it to myself as a fb message, then upload from pc. I don't understand the point of the app if the uploads never work

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Diet Coke by Olay. Nice.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

The Nastier Nate posted:

i enjoyed the tortoise sketch way more then i should have

It was a great sketch and educational, too!

Troast is rapidly becoming my favorite Chloe. I think I need to learn to have two Chloes in my sketch comedy life.

carticket fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Dec 5, 2023

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
One does great singing and one does great impressions, there's room for both!

Now they gotta get one Chloe who can be an amazing gameshow host and they could basically just fire everyone other than Kenan

pwn
May 27, 2004

God drat it now

Good god almighty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZgTLOL8-9Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWfqbwOjA68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ywYYE33WEk

Dear lord this is insane

Killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85e0zKTtvwE

Vintage. Steve Martin and Martin Short with Brandi Carlile, December 10 2022.

Post.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looking forward this. Driver was great last time

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

Looking forward this. Driver was great last time

Solid monologue. I didn't know he played the piano!

I came in about halfway through the cold open, and from what I saw of it, I'm glad I missed the first half.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I have to watch on P-Cock because the American Telephone & Telegraph Company is fighting with the company that owns KSDK.

I enjoyed the cold open.

I didn't know Adam Driver was a pianist.

《Edit》^^^ The cold open's ending was less entertaining that the beginning. It started good, but the ending was a little flat. I liked it, but I get why a lot of folks won't, and if you missed the first half, yeah, it'd suck.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 10, 2023

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
“HEY SANTA!”

That gingerbread joke…

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wait I think I saw this in a fanfiction once

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Big Filthy seems nice

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
"Who is Big Filthy!?"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Great Facebook ad!

It's depressing because it's true.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sketches feel kind of half-formed this week

Edit: I feel like they're trying too hard with this Chocolate Santa sketch

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 10, 2023

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
"Come on, it's the holidays. ...YEAHH, THAT'S IT"

This sketch definitely feels like a retread of one from years ago.

pwn
May 27, 2004

tarlibone posted:

I have to watch on P-Cock because the American Telephone & Telegraph Company is fighting with the company that owns KSDK.

Tegna is doing the ol' extortion soft-shoe to squeeze more money from you.

quote:

TEGNA is demanding double-digit annual rate increases that would make it the most expensive broadcaster nationwide, despite declining viewership and continued cord-cutting. Were DIRECTV to agree, it would obligate customers to pay a premium for TEGNA stations that exceeds hundreds of other DIRECTV agreements covering local stations in nearly 200 metro regions throughout the U.S.

"It's disappointing, but certainly not surprising, that TEGNA is just the latest to perpetuate what's become the status quo for American broadcasters by using its territorial exclusivities and blackouts to extort ever-increasing rates for programming that remains free over-the-air," said Rob Thun, chief content officer of DIRECTV. "We just can't do this anymore--these price increases are unsustainable for the average consumer. It's a badly broken model that erodes trust, eliminates choice, and keeps delving deeper into the wallets of our already overtaxed customers."

Here's a brief video primer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXkmWUgllcc

You can probably use an antenna to get the channel for free.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Yeah, we're basically right across the river from St. Louis; I'm already looking at antennae.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Weekend Update needs some new blood. Badly.

Edit: I swear, I don't think I've ever seen them bomb so many jokes before

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 10, 2023

pwn
May 27, 2004

tarlibone posted:

Yeah, we're basically right across the river from St. Louis; I'm already looking at antennae.

One of us!

DaveWoo posted:

Weekend Update needs some new blood. Badly.

Seriously. This isn't a job you're supposed to do for 10+ years. These dudes need to move on to new things.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

pwn posted:

One of us!

What are you using to record shows that you rely on over-the-air broadcasts to receive?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Julia Stiles is such a great cameo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol love Julia Stiles outta nowhere

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
"Sorry, y'all. First time flying..."

"Stop. Looking. At us."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That baby sketch could’ve been a disaster with someone else in the role. Adam killed it.