Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py2MzGtmaJ0

Summary: A once-great coach is on a journey back to victory by reuniting his former high school championship basketball team, but this time, he’s challenging them to play like girls.

Distributor: :siren:DailyWire+:siren:

Who is going to go see this trainwreck and say how bad it is because I'm not.

Current RT audience score: 97% to own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Thread note:

If any of you think that transgender people, or men pretending to be, are dominating women's sports in any way, I will personally invite D&D and C-SPAM to this thread and nobody wants that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Oscer contender right here

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm trying to reconcile the conservative idea of "keep politics out of movies!" with a movie that contains one attempted joke which isn't even a joke, simply an admission that they agree with the politics of anyone who's earnestly watching this movie.

Also lol that the Ted Cruz cameo was definitely supposed to be Trump. Ted is nobody's first choice for anything.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Someone post the Ben Shapiro interview where he admits it’s really hard for “men to get into women’s sports” and the whole premise of their stupid brain fart arguments is flawed.

God Ben sucks.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Professor Shark posted:

Someone post the Ben Shapiro interview where he admits it’s really hard for “men to get into women’s sports” and the whole premise of their stupid brain fart arguments is flawed.

God Ben sucks.

Mr Feeny really did a number on him

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Very brave of Tiny Ben to make a direct-to-DVD “American Pie Presents” this deep into the 2020s.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm trying to reconcile the conservative idea of "keep politics out of movies!" with a movie that contains one attempted joke which isn't even a joke, simply an admission that they agree with the politics of anyone who's earnestly watching this movie.

They don't want to keep politics out of movies, they want movies to affirm their world view.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Wow, they remade Juwanna Mann.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Blood Boils posted:

Mr Feeny really did a number on him

lmfao, did not expect that to be referenced here.

What’s really bracing about the trailer is how desperately it wants to recapture the feeling of being a dumb preteen in the 90s and watching an Adam Sandler movie. It’s pathetic in a very specific way.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Animal-Mother posted:

Wow, they remade Juwanna Mann.

Juwanna Mann is 1000% funnier this could dream to be.

Conservative comedy isn’t bad because its offensive it’s bad because the only feeling they are capable of is spite.

Worse is the Daily Wire connected universe is gonna keep the Razzies in business for years to come.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Also unless I’m misunderstanding the very well put together trailer, the “bad guys” are a team of black people doing the same scam.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I downloaded this off a torrent site and am about halfway through. It's pretty much as bad and mean as you think. I'd say the defining characteristic is that it is tedious.

You know how in the 2000s, a comedy would always have a character that for no real reason, everyone was super mean to? And that was the punchline, they were mean to the dork/loser who didn't deserve it but the rest of the characters decided that character would be the bullying target. There's a character like that in this movie. A good metaphor I guess.

Another distressing thing is the 8 year old girl who's reciting stupid poo poo they gave her. She's meant to show the threat of liberal indoctrination (other people are human beings!!!), so they indoctrinate the child actor with transphobia. Why not.

I don't know if I'll finish it, it's quite a challenge even when I'm only half paying attention and playing my switch. Full disclosure, I've had two moments where I snorted and thought, "gently caress, you got me, that was kind of funny". But now as I type this, I'm feeling kinda down. It's just so mean.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

gently caress it heres the summary from wikipedia and funny enough this interpretation of what some may consider a plot reads like the true villains are a female reporter and the little girl.

quote:

Coach Rob was once a successful high school basketball coach, but years after he led his team to win three back-to-back state championships, he finds himself in the shadow of his former glory. Along with the fact that his wife left him for her new boyfriend, Rob is fired from his coaching position for coaching too agressively. In his desperation, Rob applies for a job at a drag bar, where he meets his former star point guard, Alex, who is also working there. This gives Rob an idea: he convinces Alex to compete in a women's track and field competition by claiming to be transgender, and he wins every event. The antagonist, reporter Gwen, meets with Rob and Alex afterwards to get them to work for her, and they accept her offer.[7]

Rob and Alex then reassemble the old team from the state championships, and after Rob's daughter helps convince the team that it is a good idea, they form the team called the Lady Ballers and join a women's basketball league, all of them claiming to be transgender. The Lady Ballers easily win their first and second basketball games in the league, and between the games the members participate in other womens sports, such as swimming, weightlifting, and little-league baseball.

However, Rob begins feeling increasingly guilty, as his actions strain his already fragile relationship with his wife, who does not approve of what he is doing. Felix and Alex express to Rob that they are begining to believe they are truly transgender, which troubles him. When Rob brings these worries to Gwen, however, she becomes angry with him. In the final championship basketball game, the Lady Ballers are surprised to find that the opposing team is comprised of black men who claim to be transgender, which was orchestrated by Gwen.

The Lady Ballers find themselves badly losing at halftime, and so despite Gwen's threats and her attempt to kill him with a sniper rifle, Rob arranges for his daughter to come along with a team of little girls, who replace the Lady Ballers on the court. Not sure what to do, the opposing team plays against these girls lightheartedly, letting them pass to each other, and lifting them up to the basket to dunk the ball. Rob's wife gives him a look of approval, and the Lady Ballers disband, putting an end to their participation in women's sports.

Of course the lead’s wife hates him, they had to make it relatable for the daily wire’s audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

“The Lady Ballers find themselves badly losing at halftime, and so despite Gwen's threats and her attempt to kill him with a sniper rifle”